Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15 feet of vacum line not enough?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 07:59 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 15 feet of vacum line not enough?

A couple of people here posted that 15 feet of vacum line would be enough to do our cars but I am short by probably around 5 feet. Did I replace lines that other people didn't? Here are some pics of what I did so far. I still need a line from the T at the fire wall to the intake manifold and I still need to cut my T in the line at the fuel dampener. Also I didn't even touch the stuff to my FPR and where I put a T in that to go to the AVC-R. The second pic shows the little loop of vacum line I have left.

Old 07-27-2002, 09:17 PM
crazandy
Racer

Where'd u get them stainless braided lines? and that colored vacuum line? I want to do the same to my car.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:37 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

I got the SS lines from <a href="http://www.summitracing.com" target="_blank">www.summitracing.com</a> I got 15' of -6 hose and did all the fuel lines in the engine compartment and the lines from the banjo bolt to my boost solenoid and down to the wast gate with still some extra. The -6 was a little tight fitting over the factory line at the fender that goes to the dampener on the fuel rail but it fit. I wouldn't want to try to get it over the fitting at the dampener I didn't have to because I bought threaded hose ends where I could but others have done it the other way. If you do a search for SS lines you will find some threads on it including somebody who cut the ends off the metal lines and use compression fittings. The vacum lines I got from <a href="http://www.hosetechniques.com" target="_blank">http://www.hosetechniques.com</a> it is 3.5mm and the color is SuperBlue kind of looked a little purple out of the car in direct light but is looking more like I expected in the car. Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2002, 10:45 PM
crazandy
Racer

Thank you for replying, i'll c what i can do, after i get my car painted, i'm workin on my fiberwerks nose right now
Old 07-28-2002, 09:29 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

You mean to tell me that not one of the people here who have said 15 feet was enough can tell me if I replaced lines they didn't.
Old 07-29-2002, 03:06 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
You have a lot of slack in the lines. I made it with 15, replaceing all of them, but I had no slack and I routed them a little diffrent.

I guess I was lucky. I will try it again n a few months when I get the motor back in it.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Aaaahhhhhhaaaaa! (woke up at 3am thinking about this)

Did you run a new line to the wastegate? I used diffrent hose for that run, so perhaps that is where we are diffrent.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:52 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the reply Perry. I used SS line for the waste gate. I know I left a little slack but I think I am short 5 feet and there is no way I left that much slack. Did you run to whatever that is in the battery compartment and down on the fire wall from that same T? I didn't mean to keep you up at night over this I just figured if we can figure out what we did different and help somebody else out from not having to get it shipped to them twice. I guess a little of my problem is I need a little more to go to the pressure sensor for my boost controller but I think it would still be really close to make 15 feet work and I thought I read that people had extra left over thats why I didn't order any extra.

Quick Reply: 15 feet of vacum line not enough?