Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

agghh, can my fender be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Didn't you just get your car keyed (because the people you work with are jealous of your car)? So what's the difference?

It's not that bad. If you want it all right, get the whole thing repainted. Or just keep driving it.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah but the keying is mostly on the driver mirror so i'll just get the mirror resprayed when I get the quarter panel fixed in a few months.

I want the front fixed next week because with all the dents and **** the car is starting to look real ghetto and I want to fix the front asap then if hey do a good job with the front fender, I'll go back for the rear fender and key mark in another month or 2.

I hate looking at the dents everyday, drives me nuts.

has anyone had a bad experience with body repair, like paint that doesn't match up etc. i'm kind of worried about them screwing up the repair.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just make sure they get the paint code at the shop.

imo, it could be worst. my friend backed into my 944, hitting the same place where you got hit, only the size of the dent is like a volleyball sized thing so your lucky; it seems you need to repair the fendor, while i need to repair the fendor AND a new lower valance.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

yeah sucks, well the dent in my quarter panel is volleyball size lol. I hate having dents all over my car.

well my lower valence will have to also be replaced but i'm not replacing it now I will have to find a good used one first. it has a crack in it since I bought it and now that it got hit the it kind of bent out of shape and the reflector is loose now.

my car was repainted and i'm not sure if it was the original grey or not, if they don't get the paint right and it looks like a ghetto repair i'm going to have to ask them to redo it at their cost. they guy said he will call me if they have any problems, i'm bringing it to just repair the front fender next tuesday and they said it should be done by thursday. i'm also worried they'll end up keeping my car there for weeks.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe if they allow it, ask them to first paint like a sheet of metal then hold it next to the rest of the car to see if it matches ?? my uncle's body shop guy takes such requests; when i asked him about matching the paint on my car, but not sure if it is as accurate.

the quarter panel dent does not look like a volleyball sized dent from that pic. or maybe im so use to my dent, every other dent looks smaller lol.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:31 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ah didnt know you had a 944....just pop those out and fix.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

oh i'm not going to attempt body work myself. and yes it's a 85.5 944, not a 924 like in my handle name.

the quarter panel looks pretty bad to me and probably needs someone with skill to get it right. It won't just pound out I tried pounding it out from the inside with a hammer and it did nothing.

now my car looks nice from the driver side and on the passenger side I got all these huge dents and it looks like total ****.

I'll post pics of the front fender repair next week......

I guess if they botch the repair I can get them to redo it.... they said their repairs have a 30 day warranty lol, whatever that means, most other shops have like lifetime warranty repairs.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:47 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very easy fix don't worry about buying new or used parts it would be more work.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Tim, take it as a sign, you are too old to be living at home.

University is about leaving the comfort of the "nest" and moving away to a nice big campus, to either live in rez or rent a crappy apartment/house with some buddies.

That's university life, that's the true experience. You're depriving yourself of some great life experiences.

Its not your mother's fault she hit your car. Its your fault. Your car shouldn't even be parked in her driveway.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Weston
Racer

That damage is nothing. A rubber mallet and some touch-up paint should do the trick.

I've fixed far worse on my race car, and I had no prior body work experience...

A couple weeks later... (same body panels, after some time with a rubber mallet)

And it looks even better now that I put some more time (and bondo) into it, even though it got wrecked again after that.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Originally Posted by chrenan

University is about leaving the comfort of the "nest" and moving away to a nice big campus, to either live in rez or rent a crappy apartment/house with some buddies.

That's university life, that's the true experience. You're depriving yourself of some great life experiences.

Its not your mother's fault she hit your car. Its your fault. Your car shouldn't even be parked in her driveway.

lol true maybe she's hitting my car to try to get me to leave lol.

i'm done my 4 year undergrad in december, and i'm most likely moving to Windsor Ontario next September for lawschool so I won't here forever lol. lawschool is another 3 years of university life so I don't think i'll miss out too much.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 PM
therise
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chrenan

its summer time. why pay for on campus housing or an apartment when he can live at home for free? more money for the car and more free time since he wont have to pay as much living fees

i say stay at home for the summers til ya graduate just put up a retaining wall between your mother and your porsche
Old 06-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

lol. only upside to living at home is that I have no dept to pay off once I graduate in december, but if I go to lawschool I'll have to get a big loan as I don't have 60 grand lying around for the 3 years of tuition and living costs.

yeah I pretty much park almost on the lawn now I have no clue how she backed up into my car as my car is so far from where she parks.

we have a two car garage and I don't even park in the garage because i'm scared she'll bang into it so I thought the car is safe in the driveway..... guess not lol.

it's not that bad though.... going to get it fixed on by next friday hopefully it won't be a ghetto repair with mismatched paint.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 PM
vinxz
AutoX

hi yummybud924

i also just dented the rear bumper on my 996 C4S. where did you finally get yours fixed? was it good? would you recommend?

thanks, v
Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
F18Rep
Three Wheelin'

How about this instead... "Gee Mom, you've helped me out with so much stuff over the years, I'ld feel like a real turd asking you to cover this little problem. Don't worry about it, I'l get with my buddies and find a way to take of this one on my own. " ...

Quick Reply: agghh, can my fender be fixed?