Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking your porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 09:44 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I try to park out in bumblefudge, next to an island usually as somehow there usually aren't many nice cars to park near.

I think most of the nice cars around here are just sunday cruisers...oh well.

At the HS (ahh fond memories of so many weeks ago...hehe), I would park over 2 spaces and nobody even thought about opening their mouth...when mr. RSX (non S) started to do it...they got mad.

My car does have dings because it IS a daily driver...I try not to notice them To get them fixed would cost a couple hundred bucks that are better spent on maintenence. When the car leaks nothing and drives PERFECT (ie never), I'll probably look into the dings. OR if I win the lottery.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:02 AM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Parking at my school sucks (Mississippi State). I'm sure it does at all major universities. I usually park way out in the boon docks when I'm driving a nice car. Not that parking near the building you need to go to is really an option. I end up walking at least a mile round trip on an average day going to class. Guess it's worth it to avoid the bone heads. You've also got to watch out for the yard crew. They will run the weed eater down the side of your car in a heart beat or sling a rock and bust the glass. My pals 82 Vette w/ new red paint experienced all of that. Some other friends also fell victim of some dip wad painters, they managed to put white overspray on a whole lot of cars. Geeez, it's just real hard to keep your car safe in a government subsidized institution.

I was especially fortunate earlier this year to have both a 944 beater and my 911 Targa up at school. I could park the 944 beater anywhere and not have to worry, while my 911 was safe at my apartment. Having a beater or daily driver is really nice. I'm thinking about getting a Chevy pick em up truck to function as my next daily driver. It will be good to haul parts and tow cars with and to pick up girls. The girls down here just thing big trucks rule. They all want to be seen in a big truck w/rims and pipes. Why? I can't figure out. The best perk I can think of on a US built truck is the ice cold a/c. Especially since it's just not cold air and 911's don't mix .
Old 07-09-2002, 06:46 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worry about double parking because when I see someone do it, it pisses me off . I don't key it b/c i'm not that way, but I know some people probably would, so I just think it's asking for trouble.. NOW if I had a 996 or something, it'd be different. more people respect a car like that than a car they don't recognize like a 44 or 51. Untill they see the badge on the hood and then they're like "oh.. what kind of Porsche is that?"

One day I'll get my 951 repainted and then I'll be pretty cautious about where I go and park, but now .. mine doesn't have the rock guards on it since the PO's repaint, so I've got quite a few rock chips and stuff. I don't want to get a bra, cause I think it takes away from the car, but I'm worried if I get a new paintjob, it'll get screwed over in less than a week!

Quick Reply: Parking your porsche