Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denver clutch party this saturday, 5/9/09

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009 | 01:11 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Default Denver clutch party this saturday, 5/9/09

so the car is apart, and I just received a heavy box from Lindsey racing with my clutch parts. Providing the new torque tube is in by Saturday, we'll be putting her back together then. it has an estimated arrival date by FedEx for Friday... so we should be good.

My goal is to have the car running that night so whomever wants to help is welcome. I'll buy food and beverages. We'll start say, around 9 AM.

If you need my address, or directions, PM me or call me. I hope to see ya'll there!
Old 05-07-2009 | 01:11 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Count me in bro!

-Rogue
Old 05-07-2009 | 01:17 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

sweet...
Old 05-07-2009 | 04:13 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

sounds fun...good luck to you guys.
Old 05-07-2009 | 10:31 AM
67rschev
Instructor

Hey Jeff ,

Tony here , The guy with the Estoril BMW M3 you met in Carquest last Sunday , and what a small small world we live in . Its kinda cool just starting a conversation with someone and connecting the dots , then figuring there is a name and a face to a forum user name .

Anyway , I really would like to get by and help , but I work on Saturday , and there is a SCCA Solo at PPIR on Sunday and i have to prep the 44 for the event . It will be my last event in E stock before i go CSP for the Western States Championship in Vail in August . I would still like to swing by and take a look at the 951 . I have a Turbo oil cooler i am putting on the N/A and i need to see how it is mounted in the bumper .

Looking forward to seeing you and your car

Tony
Old 05-07-2009 | 12:39 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Tony,
Is you M3 the one on autotrader with the TV and funky blue wheels?

Jeff,
I was thinking of going to go to High Plains to help build the deck, but can probably arrange for someone to take my chop saw. I owe you, so i will be there.

I think Joe still has a torque tube that you could have gotten real cheap to rebuild if you want. give him a call and PM me with directions. i will get the final ok from she who must be obeyed tonight.
Old 05-07-2009 | 02:46 PM
chris_v
Instructor

I wont be able to help but ill be literaly a few blocks away (park range road) working on my spec car that night. Maybe Ill stop by during "test drive". Ive done a few clutch jobs so I know all the ins and outs, if you have any questions let me know.

Chris
Old 05-07-2009 | 03:22 PM
GTSilver944
Burning Brakes

I'll come.

Hey Tom... want to give me a ride?
Old 05-07-2009 | 03:36 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GTSilver944
I'll come.

Hey Tom... want to give me a ride?
happy to do so.
Old 05-07-2009 | 04:20 PM
blown 944
Race Car

I may be able to make it in the afternoon. My kids are racing in the AM.. after that though...
Old 05-07-2009 | 09:43 PM
67rschev
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Tony,
Is you M3 the one on autotrader with the TV and funky blue wheels?
No , that is not my car . I just bought it 3 months ago out of Burbank , as California has become the land of ' inexpensive ' expensive autos . If you know M3s , i have the Lightweight Forged M Motorsports wheels , with the polished lip . I did see that car on craigslist here in Denver , and i hope I'm not offending anyone , but I thought those wheels were Just HIDEOUS ! He did list the car with a stock set of wheels with snows i think . I did have to search and search for the Estoril / black interior combo , as 99 % came with Dove interiors .
Old 05-07-2009 | 10:31 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 67rschev
No , that is not my car . I just bought it 3 months ago out of Burbank , as California has become the land of ' inexpensive ' expensive autos . If you know M3s , i have the Lightweight Forged M Motorsports wheels , with the polished lip . I did see that car on craigslist here in Denver , and i hope I'm not offending anyone , but I thought those wheels were Just HIDEOUS ! He did list the car with a stock set of wheels with snows i think . I did have to search and search for the Estoril / black interior combo , as 99 % came with Dove interiors .
I just found that out. I just met the guy that painted your RS and he told me you just got the M3. You cannot offend anyone by calling those wheels ugly. I was interested in that car without the tv or the wheels. He told me he cant sell the wheels and the tv is part of the car. he did offer to drop the price if he took out the subs i have no use for.

i am too cheap to pay for stuff i dont need, like a tv that blocks the air vent or neato lights for the dashboard. when i drive at night i have a hard enough time seeing the road without looking at how cool the dash is.
Old 05-07-2009 | 11:26 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

sweet. this is gonna be a good turn out!
Old 05-08-2009 | 10:20 AM
67rschev
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom R.
I just found that out. I just met the guy that painted your RS and he told me you just got the M3. You cannot offend anyone by calling those wheels ugly. I was interested in that car without the tv or the wheels. He told me he cant sell the wheels and the tv is part of the car. he did offer to drop the price if he took out the subs i have no use for.

i am too cheap to pay for stuff i don't need, like a tv that blocks the air vent or neato lights for the dashboard. when i drive at night i have a hard enough time seeing the road without looking at how cool the dash is.
HOLY SHMOLY ... It is a SMALL world ! Where and when did you meet Jim Peters , and how did you get on to a subject of a guy with a new M3 , P.O.S tracked 944 , and a super sweet 67 Camaro ? Actually , Jim did not paint the car , It was a friend of his Mike . He did in fact do all of the extensive body work , media blast too full rear quarter panels . That guy is probably the best body man in the state , if not one of the best in the country . Did you see any of Jim's cars ? That guy has got more Mopars than Jay Leno , Chip Foose , and Lee Iaccoca combined .... NO **** .... 2 Cudas , 3 Chargers , and 3 Challengers at my last count . He is a little different character , i think all of the guys in body shops get a few too many fumes to the Mellon , but is a good guy deep down . Our friendship has been on the skids for a year or so , not that he hasn't tried to mend it ...

You been looking for an M3 ? Try San Fran and LA craigslist , 5 or 6 a day pop up there . Cars are hard to find here in Colorado ( unless u want a Subaru or diesel truck ) as we are kinda far from any other major metropolis . In Colorado Springs sometimes you will find some nice exotics due to the military installations .

Sorry for the thread high jack Jeff , and if you could PM or Email me your address so i can Mapquest directions to your house .
Old 05-08-2009 | 10:24 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jim knows someone in Mass that is/was interested in my 951. Jim looked at it yesterday and said he knew a guy tony that races a 944. mentioned you just bought a M3 and i put the above thread and name tony together, asked him if you had a yellow muscle car (i feel like a schmuck not noticing it was a camaro the first time i looked at the picture, having owned a 68 firebird for 29years), and then pulled this thread and now i know your whole life story.....

Quick Reply: Denver clutch party this saturday, 5/9/09