Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a 944 (HELP!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 12:08 AM
Kenny Herman
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Looking for a 944 (HELP!)

Alright to make the story short:

I am looking for a 944 NA or Turbo, whatever- preferably red, silver would be my second choice. I don't have alot of money to spend- the blue book value for these cars are anywhere from 3500-4500k in excellent condition. I know that the BB isn't accurate all the time, but I can't justify spending double it for a decent car.

Does anyone know of any 944 (85.5+ please, I like the 'new' body style) on the east coast (I live in Westchester, NY) for a reasonable price?

Thanks!!!

You can email me here:

kennyherman@aol.com
Old 06-13-2003, 12:37 AM
Gear Dog
Instructor

there might be one up here in Newburgh.
I think it is a 86 N/A, red with BBS rims.
It does need some body work.
If you are interested let me know and I'll stop by and see if they still have it.

Ken
Old 06-13-2003, 12:49 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Hehe, Where do you live in westchester? Last year I picked up a 1986 N/A that was silver for 1700...pretty good condition, just 192K...Sold it tho I lived in Goldens Bridge, but went upstate for school..
Old 06-13-2003, 01:33 AM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

take a look at
<a href="http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/bradn901cb" target="_blank">http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/bradn901cb</a> and make me an offer
bradtompkins@pcafterdark.com
Old 06-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Kenny Herman
AutoX

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Mike Markota:
<strong>Hehe, Where do you live in westchester? Last year I picked up a 1986 N/A that was silver for 1700...pretty good condition, just 192K...Sold it tho I lived in Goldens Bridge, but went upstate for school..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">White Plains.. Where'd you go to school?
Old 06-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Kenny Herman
AutoX

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by ilikemy944:
<strong>take a look at
<a href="http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/bradn901cb" target="_blank">http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/bradn901cb</a> and make me an offer
bradtompkins@pcafterdark.com</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">You've got mail .
Old 06-13-2003, 08:12 AM
Kenny Herman
AutoX

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by 944Ken:
<strong>there might be one up here in Newburgh.
I think it is a 86 N/A, red with BBS rims.
It does need some body work.
If you are interested let me know and I'll stop by and see if they still have it.

Ken</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I believe I saw that one on one of the used car site- is it a maroon color?

I'm trying to get a car that needs the least work (I'm a dreamer)- I figure I should buy a car that is in good-excellent shape now so I can concentrate on keeping it on the road instead of fixing it.(If that makes sense).
Old 06-13-2003, 11:05 AM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Kenny--sending you a PM.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:13 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts
I will sell you my S2 for 10.5k, you pick it up at the shop and pay the bill for the head. Thats about 2k for the car, 8k i put into it already, and whatever the head rebuild costs. if you want the snows on 968 rims, the 17" rims or the seats i have on order that can be negotiated too.

included in the price are new cap& rotor, motor mounts & fuel filter. you just pay the labor on these parts.

read my ad in the classifieds for a list of the stuff done in the past few years.

If you dont have a lot to spend, dont look at a porsche!
Old 06-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Kenny Herman
AutoX

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Tom R.:
<strong>
If you dont have a lot to spend, dont look at a porsche!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Wrong.

I just got offered a '87 (?) 944 S for 6800 from a dealer in "mint" condition, red on black. I'm going to check it out tomarrow. If I can get this for the price they're offering it at- you should probably reconsider yours.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:57 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The S and S2 are very different...S is cheaper usually. $6800 is a great price for a "mint" car. Of course, to most car dealers, "Mint" means they just waxed it! If they bought it from an auction, with no service records...beware!

It's not PAR Porsche is it?
Old 06-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Kenny Herman
AutoX

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by AndyK:
<strong>The S and S2 are very different...S is cheaper usually. $6800 is a great price for a "mint" car. Of course, to most car dealers, "Mint" means they just waxed it! If they bought it from an auction, with no service records...beware!

It's not PAR Porsche is it?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Not sure of the place (yet)- is PAR located in northern New Jersey? I'll have a mechanic come with me when I eventually go to get the car, right?
Old 06-13-2003, 02:26 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No, PAR is in Westchester somewhere.

If you know a mechanic, that would work. Or, find one around where the dealer is, and arrange a PPI if you like the car, after you see it.

Where is the car located...NJ?
Old 06-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Tremelune
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Check eBay and Autr=otrader...There are a bunch around here, but...You gotta check out the owner. See if he has maitainance records...The big things are the timing belt and the clutch. "Was the clutch done?" "Uh...Probably." Walk away.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Kenny Herman
AutoX

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by AndyK:
<strong>No, PAR is in Westchester somewhere.

If you know a mechanic, that would work. Or, find one around where the dealer is, and arrange a PPI if you like the car, after you see it.

Where is the car located...NJ?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Yep, the cars in NJ. I'll keep you guys posted.

Know of any other cars?

Quick Reply: Looking for a 944 (HELP!)