Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for a zinc parts post - current collection

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by billthe3
I'll take a ref sensor bracket and one of the hood light sockets.

Its interesting to see all the minor details that vary between the different years these things came from.
Hey Bill - the brackets I have are for the reference sensor harness connectors - not the actual sensors themselves - let me know if you are still interested.

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
That's amazinc.
Seeing all those clean zinced parts makes me want to take my car apart just to put it back together again with those.
Along those lines... those cases of zinc nuts and bolts reminds me of playing with legos and how I organized them, and shuffled through little compartments looking for that awesome joint piece or a second laser gun.
Ah Legos - the joy was in building - after that they just collected dust and were hard to clean

Originally Posted by Paseb
when you zinc the fuel rail and fuel damper, is there a special thing to do....
Nothing special on the rail but on the dampner and FRP they plug the ends when they dip them.

Originally Posted by Lorax
Josh if I had known that stuff was for sale your house would have been like the mall of georgia for me
Sorry man - Gotta see your car one of these days - how is she running? We need to organize a drive soon....

Originally Posted by schwank
Very nice looking stuff. Scary that I can identify all of it.
Yup - cheaper than paying a wrench to identify it all though

Originally Posted by Voith
would you send to europe?
Sure. Hopefully you don't just need one $5 item though?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running? haha. I'm hoping to turn the key in a couple days for the first time in what... over 6 months? I have really sorted her out.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Also - I might buy one of those fuel rails, and I'm thinking about giving you guys my core if I do. I also have a power steering pump for that rack I gave you if you want it.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was wondering if i could get some more stuff. Received the last order Looks GREAT. all the pieces are in like new condition.
Attached Images   
Old 01-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
was wondering if i could get some more stuff. Received the last order Looks GREAT. all the pieces are in like new condition.

Glad you got everything ok I can get you out those other parts no problem. Looks like you want a front water pipe($45), AOS breather line($45), turbo oil feed line($85), water line out of the back of the head($15) and a turbo dipstick pipe($45).

That adds up to $235 if my math is right. I can do $200 shipped for all that and I'll throw in the bolts that you'll need. I'll also put in a coil hold down, emission test plug plate and that headlight bar if you want. For $300 shipped I would stick the nicest fuel rail in there for you too. Are you still using your cycling valve?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:25 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

how long do you think your gonna have these parts for? could i wait a week or two. already outspent this months budget haha
Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I installed my shiny fuel rail and there was no leaks and It looks amazing. It took me 4 months to finally solve my fuel leak problem. I owe it all to Josh Bare! His shipping was very fast, communication was great!
I look forward to purchasing many more shiny parts!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Dillon,
Glad you are satisfied with it - they come out really nice!
-Josh
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Are you selling the fasteners?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daigo
Are you selling the fasteners?
Yep - I've got washers/bolts/nuts allen head bolts and zinc plated band clamps. Just let me know what sizes you want or what parts you want to replace the bolts on. A lot of the sizes are in the diagrams on dcautomtive.com and autoatlanta.com.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Josh - My fuel rail looks amazing as well. Really spruced up the engine bay!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone seen a Zinc'd *****?? I think someone got my package.... pun intended.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:20 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello!

Do you have any Zinc'd front tow hooks? I think that these would look really cool and would be a hit with the 951 guys...
Old 01-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,323 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Looks like new goodies. I though the gold hue was cadmium plating thought ? Guess I was wrong. So, obviously you do this work. Is it "hot dip" and might you do work for folks that per clean and bead blast their parts prior to sending? Just asking since got one of each in the garage waiting for some type plating.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hockeydude
Hello!

Do you have any Zinc'd front tow hooks? I think that these would look really cool and would be a hit with the 951 guys...
I've never done a tow hook. I guess if someone wanted to pre-pay for one though I could run it through on the next batch

Originally Posted by Own Goal
Looks like new goodies. I though the gold hue was cadmium plating thought ? Guess I was wrong. So, obviously you do this work. Is it "hot dip" and might you do work for folks that per clean and bead blast their parts prior to sending? Just asking since got one of each in the garage waiting for some type plating.
Some of the original factory plating was cadmium but it is hard if not impossible to find a shop that will do that coating as the chemicals involved are very toxic. I don't do the plating myself - have a shop that does this on a commercial scale that doesn't mind helping me out with a little bucket of parts here or there. They aren't that cheap though and require a minimum lot size per order.

Quick Reply: Time for a zinc parts post - current collection