Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I removed my side moulding stips. And this was under it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm tired of this. I stand by what I said. No one sitting in that rear seat will leave the car.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:40 PM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Calmchaos
I'm tired of this. I stand by what I said. No one sitting in that rear seat will leave the car.
You've obviously never seen what happens to people when they decelerate from 50 or 60 MPH to zero almost instantaneously. Dislocated shoulders and hips, sliding though spaces you've never thought possible. I've dug people out from underneath bench seats of Suburbans.

And you really think a lap belt is useless? Funny - it's strapped around the heaviest part of your body, and, when properly worn is holding you in by the largest bone mass in your body (the pelvic girdle). Instead of allowing your *** to go forward, likely shattering your patellas at best, your center mass and the location of all of the internal organs that are likely to get perforated by shattering ribs (and give you a nice case of sepsis) are being held in a position that keeps all of that from happening.

But you sound like you have it all figured out. If someone takes your stupid advice and gets hurt, its on you. I'm sure I don't know what I'm talking about anyway - I'm just a hose monkey that cleans up after this kind of stupidity.

Now I'm done here too. If you're too proud to admit you're wrong about something that could get someone hurt, no amount of convincing will work.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom R.
i used the 3m rubber wheel to take off the residue from the gravel guards. gotta be real careful, i had a little discoloration or burn in the paint from the wheel when i looked real close.

taking out the rear belts is stupid! In fact, it is one of the stupidest things i read about today. Especially if you have occasional rear seat passengers.

if you should get into an accident with someone in the rear, their weight will fly forward against the back of the front seat.

now put your thinking cap on.

what is stoppping them now?

If you said the front seat belt you are right.

now, think again, what is behind the front seat belt?

If you said you as the driver or the passenger, you are right again.

Now think some more, this is the tuff part....

if the seat belt is holding you back, and then you get another force of many thousands of pounds in back of you, and the seat belt still holds you, what do you think is going to break?

if you said your torso, you are right again.

that is the end of physics, pre 101 for today.

i dont care what the law is, if someone is sitting in back of me they are strapped in. if i can tie down something in back of me i tie it down. my life is more important than someone bitching a bit about the butt room. if they dont like it, they can take the bus, it has plenty of room.
yeah but lap belts aren't going to stop their upper body. and besides the later cars they all had lap belts. either way it's bad.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Campeck
yeah but lap belts aren't going to stop their upper body. and besides the later cars they all had lap belts. either way it's bad.
read my second post.

later cars had lap and shoulder. a lap belt will stop the rear passenger from becoming a ten ton projectile. ten tons sounds like a lot, but i am pretty sure a 150lb person at a mere 45 mph has about ten tons of force going forward. then read what Daryl said, and tell me again how you know more than teh engineers.

lets not forget the crumple zone technology of the 944 is state of the art 1975. we all know not much has changed in the last 33 years when it comes to safety. there is a reason my daily driver is not my 944.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Real men run 160mph on 3 tires no safety belts
Old 01-15-2009, 02:37 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having a person in the back seat is stupid.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Having a person in the back seat is stupid.
I agree gree.

My mom once told me those rear seats shouldnt be used, and they were most likely there for insurance purposes. I believe her.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
I installed rear seat side molding strips!
Brilliant. Now I know what to do with the seat belts I removed from my backseat. I'll be installing them in the rear most rub-strip location. So there...

Quick Reply: So I removed my side moulding stips. And this was under it!