Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I removed my side moulding stips. And this was under it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 02:36 PM
959Lover
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Now think some more, this is the tuff part....
I don't see what this thread has ANYTHING to do with rocks...
Old 12-24-2008, 03:06 PM
JonH
Burning Brakes

My PO deleted the rub strips, actually I really like it without. Goo-Gone and some heat should work on the glue, then get a good buffer and polish for the paint. Don't waste your time with trying to hand polish, it really won't get the scratches out.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your guy's help. No one will ever sit in the back, but thanks for the physics lesson anyway Tom. Where were you last week when I had finals? Ha
Old 12-25-2008, 12:30 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

anyone have part #s or a link for the 944 rub strips? That sounds like something I might look into for my car

Thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 02:17 AM
87 944 C
Drifting

Originally Posted by Calmchaos
People who sat in the back of my car always complained about those bulky belts. Plus it isn't required that the rear passengers wear them.
Also a couple pounds of weight reduction. Maybe 2 Lbs?

wrong, it might not be required to have them in the back seat, however there is a law in NJ at least that requires where there's a seat there must be a seat belt from factory if it was there originally...you can replace them with others if you so choose. i asked my boss, he's a cop he showed me where it was in his lil book he had in the truck.

y not just remove the back seat? if it's a partial then you don't need the belts, and it still muffles the trans/exhaust sounds.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrong as it may be no one would ever on earth get in trouble for that. How would they know there belts there originally? And they never check to see if the rear passengers have belts on anyway, and even if they did they would not see a lap belt.
I know that all cars "must" be equipped with all original safety equipment. But c'mon... what are the odds anyone would ever know?

And the lap belt would not hold someone from hitting the front seat like Arash said.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:02 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

I took out my rear seatbelts. The Redline man rollbar protects those sitting in the back.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Wrong as it may be no one would ever on earth get in trouble for that. How would they know there belts there originally? And they never check to see if the rear passengers have belts on anyway, and even if they did they would not see a lap belt.
I know that all cars "must" be equipped with all original safety equipment. But c'mon... what are the odds anyone would ever know?

And the lap belt would not hold someone from hitting the front seat like Arash said.
point by point:
if someone is in your car, and you dont have belts, and a tractor trailer hits the car.... you get sued...... if you had the belts, and the passenger didnt use them vs. if you dont have teh belts....

very big difference in liability.

as for not holding, in a strong enough impact, the belt will stop the rear seat passenger from going through the windshield. want to discuss degrees of injury?

i have a ten year old neighbor that was very impressed with my knowledge of words he didnt know. he thought he knew it all at ten.

i thought i knew it all, then i went to school and learned how little i actually know. i bet those engineers, and experts at trial, etc. know less than us.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My rear seat belts are coming out now that I saw this. Im getting a rollbar so it will be impossible for anyone to sit back there anyway.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock
My rear seat belts are coming out now that I saw this. Im getting a rollbar so it will be impossible for anyone to sit back there anyway.
Woot! Did I inspire somebody? ha.

The only reason I took them out it becuase it looked alot cleaner. I'm not worried about anybody's body slamming into the back of my seats. lol
Old 12-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Po924S
The only reason I took them out it becuase it looked alot cleaner. I'm not worried about anybody's body slamming into the back of my seats. lol
^^ +1

I would bet all the money in the world no one in the back seat could EVER go through the front windshield in any kind of impact that wouldn't completely liquify everyone in the car.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:38 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

I installed rear seat side molding strips!
Old 12-27-2008, 01:20 PM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

How would they know there belts there originally?
Seriously? It's not hard. All cars past 1968 that are sold in the US have front and back seat belts standard. We're not talking about a fine line here, where someone might think your 67 Chevy _MIGHT_ need rear belts but doesn't have them installed. We're talking about a car produced over a decade after these standards were in effect.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:27 PM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

^^ +1

I would bet all the money in the world no one in the back seat could EVER go through the front windshield in any kind of impact that wouldn't completely liquify everyone in the car.
I've been a vehicle rescue technician for over a decade, and have cut more people out of cars that I care to remember. People can and have been ejected from the rear seat of 944s and other cars just like it on impact. And the front passengers that were wearing their seat belts were not ejected.

Stop making assumptions about things for which you have absolutely, positively no practical or theoretical knowledge. Especially things that other people may take as fact and be injured or killed because of absolutely incorrect information.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Originally Posted by Randy V
I installed rear seat side molding strips!
Useless without pics.

Quick Reply: So I removed my side moulding stips. And this was under it!