Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 951 was attacked by a paintball gun in traffic!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 01:57 AM
krystar
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CPR
Is this for real?...it was probably some teenagers just having some fun. And I doubt they would have shot at you if your window had been down. No harm no foul, right?
I would rather them have the paintball guns than the real ones that most seem to have nowadays....a paint ball drive-by...sounds kind of funny actually

Maybe my old age is diluting my rationale, but had it been me, I honestly beleive I would have laughed it off...then went and purchased a paint ball gun

Relax...there are greater concerns than some washable paint. Sorry you had a bad day.
it's not funny. we had that problem here in chicago. kids were doing paintball driveby's on pedestrians and cyclists. that's what got paintballs completely banned from chicago. it's a class C misdemeanor to be caught in possession of a paintball gun. any crime commited with a paintball gun is treated as a real firearm.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:14 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by krystar
it's not funny. we had that problem here in chicago. kids were doing paintball driveby's on pedestrians and cyclists. that's what got paintballs completely banned from chicago. it's a class C misdemeanor to be caught in possession of a paintball gun. any crime commited with a paintball gun is treated as a real firearm.
A crime committed with a paintball gun is tretaed as a real firearm crime? That is the stupidest thing I have heard since Barack's debate.

How is shooting a paintball (non-lethal) the same as shooting...say a .45 Cal hollow point (extremely lethal)? I am sorry, but I would much rather run into someone waving a PB gun, than a 9mm.

Maybe that thought process explains why 7 of the top 10 MURDER CAPITALS are Northern Cities with similiar laws. See LINK below (7 northern, 1 Midwest, 1 West, 1 South = top 10 murder capitals of the US):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate
Old 10-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CPR
A crime committed with a paintball gun is tretaed as a real firearm crime? That is the stupidest thing I have heard since Barack's debate.

How is shooting a paintball (non-lethal) the same as shooting...say a .45 Cal hollow point (extremely lethal)? I am sorry, but I would much rather run into someone waving a PB gun, than a 9mm.

Maybe that thought process explains why 7 of the top 10 MURDER CAPITALS are Northern Cities with similiar laws. See LINK below (7 northern, 1 Midwest, 1 West, 1 South = top 10 murder capitals of the US):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate
Old 10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

little ****s.

I swear the lack or respect people show for one another and other peoples property. I'm glad you were actually able to get out the paint without incident. Consider yourself lucky.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
Is this for real?...it was probably some teenagers just having some fun. And I doubt they would have shot at you if your window had been down. No harm no foul, right?
I would rather them have the paintball guns than the real ones that most seem to have nowadays....a paint ball drive-by...sounds kind of funny actually

Maybe my old age is diluting my rationale, but had it been me, I honestly beleive I would have laughed it off...then went and purchased a paint ball gun

Relax...there are greater concerns than some washable paint. Sorry you had a bad day.
Good thing you're not an officer to handle situations like this. Coming from me, someone who has had my personal **** stolen and vandalized in the last 6 months, I would not have taken this well. If someone is dumb enough to shoot at traffic with a paintball gun, they may also be the same people in possession of 'harder' weapons. Clearly people who do not need to own them. This is an act of stupidity and needs to be addressed correctly. This is not to be laughed off.

Last but not least, grow a brain. I shouldn't be telling you this.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

the gold car got hit before too. out in the driveway. washes right off luckily.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:54 PM
El Commandante
Pro

Sorry, but this isnt funny at all. I know of someone in my town who thought it would be funny to shoot a girl's car with a paintball gun, he thought the window was up, but it was actually down, and he hit her in the eye causing permanent blindness in that eye for her entire life....
Old 10-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by El Commandante
Sorry, but this isnt funny at all. I know of someone in my town who thought it would be funny to shoot a girl's car with a paintball gun, he thought the window was up, but it was actually down, and he hit her in the eye causing permanent blindness in that eye for her entire life....
It's all fun and games until.....

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 123 Posts

Same thing happened in the town North of me. Woman lost an eye, shooters off to jail.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...38/detail.html

-Joel.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:54 AM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Someone loses an eye, next, maybe another driver gets distracted by a paintball to a window or even to the head and loses control and serves into oncoming traffic. If ANY of you think that this would be cool or funny then you must be a brain dead moron.
Where I live, if you are in a car and display anything that even looks like a gun, you can be arrested.
I just wish people who do this sort of thing would remove themselves from the gene pool !
Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...so much anger....no wonder the kids hate most adults. Has no one here ever done anything stupid when they were young and live to regret it? I am sure the kid who put the woman's eye out feels terrible...but geez...I am sure he did not get up that morning and say "...let's see, who's life can I ruin today...".

At my age, I am supposed to be the uptight one, the "grumpy old man". The wife's 07 Range Rover was egged earlier this summer, my mailbox has been bashed in with a bat, 10 of our 14 driveway lights were shot out with a BB gun. And no I do not live in a "crime" area. We live on 12 acres in a gated area.....sure it is aggravating, but I still see it as kids being kids. I don't know, maybe I just think this is part of their growing up process...just doesn't seem that important to me considering all the other truly violent and bad issues going on today (e.g....drug abuse, gangs, "real" guns, murder, abortion...you know the real "kid" problems.)

Just an old man's opinion.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:39 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CPR
Wow...so much anger....no wonder the kids hate most adults. Has no one here ever done anything stupid when they were young and live to regret it? I am sure the kid who put the woman's eye out feels terrible...but geez...I am sure he did not get up that morning and say "...let's see, who's life can I ruin today...".

At my age, I am supposed to be the uptight one, the "grumpy old man". The wife's 07 Range Rover was egged earlier this summer, my mailbox has been bashed in with a bat, 10 of our 14 driveway lights were shot out with a BB gun. And no I do not live in a "crime" area. We live on 12 acres in a gated area.....sure it is aggravating, but I still see it as kids being kids. I don't know, maybe I just think this is part of their growing up process...just doesn't seem that important to me considering all the other truly violent and bad issues going on today (e.g....drug abuse, gangs, "real" guns, murder, abortion...you know the real "kid" problems.)

You see not respecting others property, as kids being kids???
WTF???
Old 10-05-2008, 04:01 AM
jtsporsche
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by M Danger
You see not respecting others property, as kids being kids???
WTF???
He'll see it differently when some kids being kids aim a couple of fireworks at his home where his family sleeps.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:10 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CPR

are you nuts patrick?

People get hurt. Really hurt. Perhaps you don't see the harm because you've never been seriously injuried personally. Talk to someone who has been. See if they share the same sentiment.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Originally Posted by CPR

You're an stupid old man. You're obviously past your time - past the point of knowing what's right from wrong - past normal brain activity.

How about one of those dumb-*** kids shoot you in the eye? Are you going to laugh like a moron and say, "Ohhh silly scalawags! Just being kids, eh!?"

Idiot.

Quick Reply: My 951 was attacked by a paintball gun in traffic!!