Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Choose this car's fate!
S/C dummy - see description
28.21%
Part it out, its shameful.
20.51%
Tons of potential, fix er' up!
51.28%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

What should I do with this 944? (pics)

Old 07-23-2008, 12:41 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fix it up for a DD, or strip the interior and make it a track car or sell it to someone that wants a track car.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:49 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ehall
BAH!!! I forgot there were two of us! Our name is not very common, and we both have black 951's no less! ROFL.
If any of you guys are looking for a cheap 951 to turn into a race car, let me know. Mine is going up for sale...CHEAP!
haha well mine is a red n/a 944 but close enough!

I'll send you a PM about your car though!
Originally Posted by M758
Wait you have the money to supercharge it, but not enough to track it?

Heck strip it, make it run (ie motor won't blow up, gbox works), put some stock seats back in with stock belts and drive on the track.
Well yeah pretty much, the s/c project is on a very tight budget, but besides getting the white car prepared which I can probably do in one day no problem, its the cost of the track events, tires, gas, borrowing a trailer, etc that really add up.

Eventually I'll get to that point with my red car though. One of my goals is to eventually be racing it side by side with other 944's like in your sig!

For now though, its just a project drift car. I think over the last couple days Ive basically ruled everything down to using the white 944 to build the s/c bracket and maybe do a few other test projects on. Then once those are done I'll consider fixing it up or building into a race ready machine.

Originally Posted by rickb20
Is it possible the clutch is broken in some way as to prevent you from getting it out of gear?
Nope, the car actually runs fine and stays put when the clutch is pushed in. Once the clutch is let out though, the car starts to drive as if it's stuck in 1st gear. The previous owner claims to have installed a new clutch recently too. I really think something inside the transmission is jammed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What should I do with this 944? (pics)