Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oh crap got another speeding ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 AM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1982

Another thing about the cop not showing up to court, I wouldn't hold you breath on that one. They get paid to go to court quite well. Here in Akron, they get paid 4 hours to go to court even if it is just for 10 minutes.

Originally Posted by McFly944
It's the same here. A couple of my high school buddies are now officers for the local police department. They love it when writing tickets, they set the court dates for their days off. For them a day off going to court means overtime!

+1 Don't hold your breath in hopes the cop wont show up at court.

Do you people seriously think that the Police here have huge budgets for that kind waste? No wonder crime rate is so high in the US. Instead of paying 4 hours to go to court, wouldn't you rather have a cop doing his job preventing serious and vicious crimes? Going after the bad criminals? Hire some more cops. Seriously....many cops here are overworked and courts are quite lenient as well. Investigations have shown that many criminals are let out too quick and easily. One drug dealer was arrested and booked three times in one day, two of those arrests by the same officer. Judges just release these scums on promise to appear without needing bail.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Daily944
Racer

Originally Posted by marksportcts
Do you people seriously think that the Police here have huge budgets for that kind waste? No wonder crime rate is so high in the US. Instead of paying 4 hours to go to court, wouldn't you rather have a cop doing his job preventing serious and vicious crimes?
As i said, two of the cops I know go to court on their days off. That said.. the crime rate wouldn't change on their day off
Old 04-16-2008, 04:12 AM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by McFly944
As i said, two of the cops I know go to court on their days off. That said.. the crime rate wouldn't change on their day off
That's the problem right there, instead of using the limited resources to fund anti-crime initiatives and hire more cops, the money is being spent on obscene overtime pay. If you didn't read my previous posts, cops can either tele/video conference or leave a affidavit for the judge.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We do have a huge budget here unfortunately. Its one of the reasons/mentality why we have a 9 trillion dollar national debt and why we pay $500 billion a year in INTEREST only out of our tax $.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:13 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow it seem the cops are real strict there in your country.

We are very fortunate here I got a ticket on my bike the other day, I was doing 160km/h in a 120 zone and only got a ZAR400 that is about USD48. We do not have a point system so our licenses and insurance is not affected at all.

Here they only talk about your license when you really go wild, like over 200 in a 120 zone.

There is also no victimization of Porches I only got pulled over once in my Porsche (the 928), I was with the P-club we were traveling in convoy at least 20 cars and I was pulled over for doing 150km/h in a 120 zone, the cop asked me where we were going had a look at the car and told me to enjoy the trip - no fine.

Another time I was on my way to a club event with two other Porsche's we were doing at least 175km/h in a 120 zone and as we came around the corner there they were, three cops with a laser gun ................. they all waved at us as we passed.

Apart from that my laser jammer saved me more times than I can remember, I just have to add I do speed but I NEVER drive reckless, there are places you can speed safely and there are places where even the legal limit is not save.

160km/h in my well maintained 944 is a lot safer than 100km/h in my Colt pickup.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Woody
Racer

We all speed from time to time and we all know we can get into trouble for it. No, we don’t like it when we get caught, no one does. But an awful lot of 944 owners seem to prefer to blame the cops for their getting a speeding ticket? I guess people like to blame others for their short comings.
Maybe it’s an age thing, or lack there of!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:58 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Woody
We all speed from time to time and we all know we can get into trouble for it. No, we don’t like it when we get caught, no one does. But an awful lot of 944 owners seem to prefer to blame the cops for their getting a speeding ticket? I guess people like to blame others for their short comings.
Maybe it’s an age thing, or lack there of!
No - I represent 200+ clients right now and I can count on one hand the number of them that take responsibility for their actions. Add in the 1000's I've represented in my career and I still think I'd only need one hand [sarcasm] Of course, when our leaders refuse to take responsibility why should the common citizen?[/sarcasm]
Old 04-16-2008, 01:20 PM
krystar
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol michelle. it's the truth though. u'll see tons of ppl "i was only going 10 over" and then go to ticketassassin and fight the ticket for 10 over. nowadays, we don't view the speed limit as a limit, but rather a speed goal. if yer not going the speed limit, ppl start yelling at you.

i allocate myself 1 speeding ticket a year. i just drive the normal 10-15 over on highways and mostly speed limit on local roads. whenever it is i get my ticket, i'm do the speed limit the next 12 months. it's a balanced mix of fun vs fine.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think Woody's comment about 944 owners blaming the police has something to do with their age. Think in today's internet warrior society, everything is someone else's fault thus would explain Michelle's observations about her clients. I argued my case in court but never denied what I did. I was trying for paying instead of license suspension. I would have been glad to have paid thousands instead of $500+ if I didn't have to have my license suspended.

We all learn one way or another.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Bart
Nordschleife Master

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Yummybud924
I'm trying to get my marks up so I can get into lawschool and having no transportation would screw up my marks.
And that's probably the funniest part of the whole thread.

You'll make a GREAT lawyer.

Quick Reply: oh crap got another speeding ticket.