Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iceshark Battery Cable Specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

joe- yes, I'm sending you a PM....
Old 03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI guys, when Robby first start clearing out some of Dan's original inventory, I bought a complete set of battery cables from him. I'm actually just getting around to installing them today as I wire up the main cutoff switch for racing.

Everything is very well done, and will be a great upgrade from the horrible looking stock ones. On my turbo the ground cable to the block had no insulation left at all... just bare wire.

Robby was great to deal with. Thanks again, can't wait to get these things finally installed.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eric- thanks for the kind words- you & all the rest of the RLers were extremely great to deal with as well. I've been tough to get ahold of the last few months on this, though, so hopefully have not put anyone off too badly. It's been a bad year. But, at same time, I haven't taken any $ until I'm pretty much ready to go. And funny you should mention, but I haven't even installed MINE yet & I've had them for since right before Dan died. I've installed the supp ground & entire headlight kit & was very happy. My car's been down for 10 months & I'm hoping to wrap that up this week- then I'll do the battery cables. Let me know how your's turn out. Hopefully you wont have any probs...

thanks!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Scootin- Just wanted to let you know a few things about your original post here, that I noticed. First, you're missing one of the MAIN positive cables. You have one main & one supplemental there. Your details are perfect, except where you're wondering about the gauge of one of the cables- it's 4awg- the main cable IS 1awg, though, just as you typed. Anyway, here is the basic deal...

One main [+] cable 1awg, unfused, for battery to starter.
One main [+] cable 4awg, 175amp fuse for starter to alternator w/fish wires for exciter & solenoid
One supplementary [+] cable 4awg 150amp fuse *originally* (NOW 175amp) for battery to fuse box
Then, the negatives are all correct...

Just letting you know- even though I'll have quite a few available now, they wont be available forever & couldn't be sold on the list unless one had sponsorship (or special permission)- I'd love to work something out, but am afraid that sponsorship would be way too expensive to make it worthwhile for the small # of kits to be sold. So, for those who need specs, I'm glad to give them out... But, I do have to say that they're tougher to do than I had thought & there are a lot of little misc pieces that have to be taken into account, etc. Let's just say, I have even more respect for Dan than I did several months ago...

Quick Reply: Iceshark Battery Cable Specs