Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Supercharged S2 Cabriolet. Rennlist I ask you... What am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:00 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Progress??
Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts

Blown I'm hoping that some good wrenches in CT would help me install but I need somebody to machine the intercooler setup into that manifold. SFR does it but they want quite a bit, I know I know but right now I have like 3 projects I'm working on.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Raven951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Blown I'm hoping that some good wrenches in CT would help me install but I need somebody to machine the intercooler setup into that manifold. SFR does it but they want quite a bit, I know I know but right now I have like 3 projects I'm working on.
They charge the amount to do it correctly. if you don't have any SFR parts, you wouldn't understand why Tim charges what he charges. But when you do buy some, you understand. Plus the fact that he already knows what he is doing with this exact setup. It's a win, win situation. If you don't have the cash to do it the correct way, then wait. Their is nothing worst than spending a little bit less for a substandard project only to spend full price later. I don't take chances with these cars anymore. It costs too much money.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Burning Brakes

OK I'll more than likely send it to Tim in a few weeks. But I still would appreciate any local wrenches in CT to help me install. My mechanic is $110 an hour and will probably scoff at installing it any way. He is a 911 guy.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:52 PM
bluedevil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, one the questions was what are you missing. I would say ditch that rubber fuel line system and put in something stronger. I have the Lindsey fuel rail kit and with the money you put into your car so far that would be a good investment. Last thing you want is the system failing and that setup on fire.

Nice job with the car and this is a great thread for info on the subjects listed.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks dude, yeah I have a few thousand into the car to say the least but she drives so well I can't stop. LOL

I'm just waiting for my steering wheel to come back from Paul Champagne. Fully leather interior with contrasting silver stitching, and he is going to cover my Ruf sport seat back in Alcantara.

Once I get the supercharger done I'll finally FINALLY be done! Not kidding, its been 11 years since I bought the car and I'm ending the final stages of having the car just the way I want it.

If I can put down 280hp to 300hp to the wheels I'll be more than happy. Don't need any more than that.

Quick Reply: My Supercharged S2 Cabriolet. Rennlist I ask you... What am I missing?