Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Is the date/Time good?
YES I WILL BE THERE TO EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY
71.43%
NO...AND WHO's MERRY?
28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

NJ/NY Metro get2gether @ Cubby's - Saturday October 13th

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

hope you guys had fun. I miss you guys. I dont miss much about NY. The only things I miss besides real pizza and bagels are you porsche guys and my mason guys.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:23 PM
fmalgapo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I guess I am the last one to show up and the first one to get back

Glad to see such a great turnout...hopefully my car will be in better shape for a spirited drive next time. I hung with you guys a bit on Rt. 80 West just to hear those 928s take off!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:48 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Great time!!!!!!!!!!!! Great People!!!!!!!!! Great Food!!!!!!!!!! Great Ride!!!!!!!!!! (thanks Leslie!)

Post your pictures!!!

best

Joe
Old 10-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Iris and Kevin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all, hope everyone makes it home safe and sound after the trip today and that you all had a great time, because I know my family and I certainly did!

And Guys, we're really sorry about losing a bunch of you on Route 80. You can blame it all on my wife's invited guest, Robert, who thought he got challeneged by one of our group (though we now think it was a coincidental passer-by) and he got so far ahead of us that we were afraid he'd do exactly what he did. He went past the planned for exit!! My wife was pissed! We tried to get him to slow down to make the turn, and apparently lost a few of you in trying, but he ultimately went past the last possible turn off for 17, so we just had to take that crappy second-best turnoff and hope for the best. My wife had the trip planned so that we would stay on highways and away from lights once we got onto Route 80, and he really screwed it up for us. Did you guys find your way home ok afterwards? My wife was so upset worrying about you all.

After that, things went pretty smoothly though, and the ride was a blast (not to rub anyone's noses in it....sorry again). We had 7 cars total that made the ride to the end and it was a great day and good roads. Couple of slow pokes along the way that were killjoys, but we hit triple digit speeds a couple of times and got a nice break on the "roller coaster road" coming back.

My wife has several ideas about how to smooth things out even more for the next run, from the sounds of it. Such a good little secretary. She plans to bring printed travel directions for everyone so no one gets separated again, name tag labels to make it easier for everyone to recognize everyone else, and a sign up sheet for everyone participating to have a list of cell phone numbers so that we can all keep in touch on the drive, should anyone get lost again.

Anyway, thanks for all your kind words about my car. It was great getting a chance to meet everyone who made it, and if we didn't get a chance to meet absolutely everyone personally, well my apologies, but thanks for coming out and we'll hope to catch you next time!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:44 PM
flashgordon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a ball today! It's great to talk to everyone face to face instead of just on a computer screen. Thanks to everyone for making a great day. I did make it home without problem and am already looking foward to the next gtg.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Indeed it was good to put faces to screen-names! And Kevin/Leslie...your car is a monster! What a great sound to be behind!

Hope everyone had fun...I know I did!

Tom R...let us now in advance the next time you plan to be in town....I am sure there's a P-car somewhere in the area you can borrow for a fun-run!

Have some pics which I'll post later this evening!

best to all!

Joe
Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

It was a blast. Thanks Leslie. The scenery through the park was beautiful the first time through the park, and a blurry image the second (heh heh). It was a great ride.

Even though I was 5 cars back I couldn't escape the thunder of the supercharger when Kevin got on it. Your car sounds incredible.

It was great seeing you guys again.

What a great way to spend a saturday.

AND WE MISSED U TOO TOM!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:16 PM
flashgordon
Instructor

Hey Dan, what the hell was the guy thinking standing in the middle of the road taking pictures? I almost peed myself laughing as you passed him!! Wish I had a video of his reaction.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:18 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

yeah...the second lap was SLIGHTLY faster than the first one thru the park!

I think we made some tree huggers angry.....oh well!

It was great for me since I have never really done that kind of driving with this car....I love it even more than I already did this morning!

Ok...when's the next one?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Iris and Kevin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J Berk
Indeed it was good to put faces to screen-names! And Kevin/Leslie...your car is a monster! What a great sound to be behind!

Hope everyone had fun...I know I did!

Tom R...let us now in advance the next time you plan to be in town....I am sure there's a P-car somewhere in the area you can borrow for a fun-run!

Have some pics which I'll post later this evening!

best to all!

Joe
Joe, it was great meeting you. And thanks!
Originally Posted by jeeper31
It was a blast. Thanks Leslie. The scenery through the park was beautiful the first time through the park, and a blurry image the second (heh heh). It was a great ride.

Even though I was 5 cars back I couldn't escape the thunder of the supercharger when Kevin got on it. Your car sounds incredible.

It was great seeing you guys again.

What a great way to spend a saturday.

AND WE MISSED U TOO TOM!!!
Hey Dan, heh heh, I know what you mean. We got a good break on the way back when the car I slowed up to let get a little distance ahead of us actually ended up turning off on a side street just as we caught up to him again. Leslie was hootin' and hollerin' when it did and told me to let her rip! I did! It was how the trip in should have been. It would have been even better if the car would have let me upshift into 4th.

Hope to see you all again real soon.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:42 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flashgordon
Hey Dan, what the hell was the guy thinking standing in the middle of the road taking pictures? I almost peed myself laughing as you passed him!! Wish I had a video of his reaction.
Yeah i have that
Old 10-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Flash, that guy in the middle of the road taking pictures was nuts.

The run through the park was great..i was flying through, all the hikers and campers were yelling something at me as i went by, probably telling me to slow down ..

Gotta agree, the supercharged 928 sounded incredible. I was only ear shot for about a half mile before everyone pulled away and it was just me and Flash going through. Next time ill bring my faster car

Even though i was playing catch up the first half of the drive, i still had a great time. The roads leading up to 17 were great fun and the sceneary was beautiful. No big deal about it either, i was one of the last cars out of the lot and pretty much hit every traffic light on the way out...not to mention i went about 3 miles out of the way because i didnt realize i passed the exit for route 4. Well that, and i only have 147hp... .

Also a huge thanks to Dan for constantly calling me to keep me updated with directions on how to catch up with you guys!

Was great to see all of you again, i always enjoy 1/2lb bacon cheese burgers before fun runs .

I took a ton of pictures which i will post shortly.

Last edited by Techno Duck; 10-13-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:56 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

jon why didnt you bring out your 951?
Old 10-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by reno808
jon why didnt you bring out your 951?
Still paying it off
Old 10-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Here is a link to all the pictures i took, or atleast the good ones..

Link

Here are a couple select shots..

Quick Reply: NJ/NY Metro get2gether @ Cubby's - Saturday October 13th