Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell us your PO (Previous Owner) horror stories!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:58 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My PO thought there was a problem w/ the water recirc pump for the turbo ("It kept running for like 30 sec every time the car was shut off") so he unplugged it.

Fortunately tho, each of the PO's were the kind of OCD people who, when they thought the car was even slightly amiss, they'd take it to the dealer.

That was a good thing, seeing that the guy who sold the car to me thought the cruise control was the turbo...
Old 05-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Reimu
Drifting

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
That was a good thing, seeing that the guy who sold the car to me thought the cruise control was the turbo...
ROFL...

The only thing my PO did wrong was not give me his phone number, for the risk of being "harrassed" by me
Old 05-19-2007, 02:09 AM
Anaheim944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He forgot to tell me that the power windows only work when they feel like it. What happens most of the time is that I wont be able to roll the passenger side window up or down with my driver side switch, so I have to hit the passenger side button to ''wake it up'' then my driver side button works again. There is also that switch that I have no idea what it is for (this is 1 yr later too haha)
Old 05-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/316900-another-i-hate-my-po-thread-battery-tray-leak.html
Old 05-19-2007, 03:35 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine hit a post of some sort... took it to "some guy's garage" to have it painted... well, some guy couldn't match silver rose, so he did his best... realized it didn't match, and painted the whole car. the top of the door and the RR fender have different amounts of metallic flake, and are slightly different than the rest...
Old 05-19-2007, 03:47 AM
5speed300
Racer

My o2 sensor was disconnected, the trans cooler evidently broke at some point so he connected the two broken parts with some sort of bungy cord like hose, maaco style repaint at some point that is really getting on my nerves now even though I didnt think it would when I bought the car, missing the batwing and all underpanels, there are only 4 seat bolts per side(should be six) and the rear inside bolt on both sides physically goes through the floorboard of the car ( you can see it sticking out from underneath)

Other that its just missing little screws and pieces of hardware all over the place. The DME's are held down with the wrong hardware that literally will make it impossible to remove them from the bracket, half the airbox screws are missing and the airbox itself is in terrible shape. Had a new battery tray welded in ontop of the old one at some point because of water leakage.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Hoss Ghoul
Instructor

I bought mine on Ebay from some folks in Kentucky...so, I was ready for some issues...but it actually wasn't too bad.

The horns were shot from their dirt road driveway(or the previous front impact, who knows?)...

Cooling fan was always on, spliced the wiring to do so. Had a bad relay and thermo switch.

All time bad hack stereo wiring(can you say 3 wiring harnesses!), plus they broke the antannae on the input side, oh, and the door speakers didn't fit. And I found lots of leftover wiring from a sub, including a POS Wal-Martesque amp.

Did I mention the Fast and the Furious floormats? How about the stickers on the side(see sig)? Lol.

And of course the car needed a bunch of maintenance: Tires, shocks, belts, oil filter housing, seals, window relays, horns, washer relay, washer reservoir & blades, new deck/speakers(Wal Mart tape deck anyone?), rear speakers/box, radiator....

Needless to say I love the car, everything but minor body damage is fixed, and I'll give the 3 previous owners this(2 of which left me a ****load of great maintenance records, the last owned the car for a couple months, then flipped on Ebay) they took great care of the car. The interior is awesome, but for the dash, the glass is nice, and the engine and transmission work perfectly(which is all that matters to me).
Old 05-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Hoss Ghoul
Instructor

Originally Posted by Anaheim944
He forgot to tell me that the power windows only work when they feel like it. What happens most of the time is that I wont be able to roll the passenger side window up or down with my driver side switch, so I have to hit the passenger side button to ''wake it up'' then my driver side button works again. There is also that switch that I have no idea what it is for (this is 1 yr later too haha)
Had the same problem(and symptoms), replace the window switches. 87 924S here and it was part # 477 959 622 01C
Old 05-19-2007, 04:18 AM
cyinisis
Advanced

Originally Posted by Anaheim944
Sounds like simply taking out the passenger side and bending a few of the metal pieces so the circuit will open is in line...otherwise it's always shorted out.

Had to do the same thing with my Impulse.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:59 AM
tk's944
Pro

My PO used 4 Zip Ties to hold the radiator in place.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Mamooguy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tk's944
My PO used 4 Zip Ties to hold the radiator in place.
Holy crap!!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:40 PM
redmund
Racer

The old bracket and bolts for the fuel pump rusted completely, so instead of replacing them, or fabbing something up, the PO just took some zip ties and stuck it back up there. It's on the list now!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:44 PM
taffelman
Instructor

The PO of my 924 did'nt tourque the CV joint bolts, but I discovered it just before every bolt was about to drop out... so luckily no damage to the joints.

Then I had to replace the rear wheel bearings even though they where almost new, because the PO "forgot" to pack the bearings with grase when he replaced them. They where blue from heat when I finaly got them out.

Wonder what's next..
Old 05-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I found a "Boy George" CD under the seat of a 944 I bought years ago...oh..the horror....the horror
Old 05-19-2007, 01:51 PM
cyinisis
Advanced

This is another one of my daily drivers =]. I love this car to death.

Quick Reply: Tell us your PO (Previous Owner) horror stories!