Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling either the 88 951 or 90 S2

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts
Default One Has To Go - Selling either the 88 951 or 90 S2

Update 5/25/7 My house is sold, cash (lots to some) is in the bank, i am in the new rental surrounded by boxes to be unpacked.

Now I can focus on the cars. One has to go. Jill just drove the Miata and said it is a lot of fun. That means it has to stay. She has no desire to drive the S2 and even less desire to drive the Turbo.

Dont forget she autocrossed our first S2 when she was pregnant.

My brother is using the S2 this weekend while his (my former) gray S2 is getting a clutch.

I will take pictures of the Turbo on Saturday and post a link here.

Say 11,500 as a starting price for the turbo. Just under 101k miles, clutch, synchros, turbo, engine reseal, belts, H20 pump, fabspeed downpipe, Speed Force Exhaust and cat and cat bypass, Lindsay boost enhancer, autothority stage 2 chips, Koni Yellows, M030 Sways, all Vin stickers on each panel, Sony Xplode stereo, Strut tower brace, and more all within the last 10k miles (belts and engine reseal and front brakes/rotors within last 2k miles). Two sets of seats - The original 99k mile seats, and the 68k mile seats from the S2. few small dash cracks, a very clean car.

Those that know the prior owner know he took good care of it as evidenced by about 20k in receipts in the last 10k miles.

The car is a turnkey weekend toy/DE car. It is too much car IMHO to be a daily driver.

PM me for details. One has to go. I will be putting the classic insurance on the S2 in the next few weeks and turn the corolla into my station car so there is no rush. I dont need two 944 toys.

I will be keeping the redline bar and momo seats in whatever car i keep, and probably keep the M030 sways. but the Konis with maybe 3,000 miles go with the turbo.

The turbo is a 88
Here is what i sent to somene interested in the car
I have a folder full of receipts from around 1990. It has just under 101k miles. Almost $20k was spent on it in the last 10k miles by the prior owner. here is a list of some of the stuff done

Clutch & Synchros, about $3k
Turbo (K27 spec) fabspeed downpipe, auththority chips, Speed Force Racing stainless catback with SFR hi flo cat and bypass pipe, lindsay boost enhancer, parts are over $2500
Belts rollers and i am pretty sure water pump, also the front of the motor was resealed - about $3k about 2k miles ago - almost ready to be retensioned
Koni yellows $800 new control arms $500 each
K&N cone filter and K&N in the stock airbox
Sony stereo and speakers
17 wheels and pilot sport tires
front brakes & rotors - cost me $650 about 1,000 miles ago (two track days)
hood struts
new lloyds mats that say "turbo"
There is more but I cant remember it, and cant find the list on my hard drive.

The car is red/black has VIN stickers on every panel and is very presentable for a 19 year old car that averaged about 5k miles a year. it has always been garaged/covered.

A would like to sell it for $11,800 - the clutch didnt pop up when i was coming home from pocono so I assume it is getting ready for a master/slave. I will have that done real soon. I dont drive the car other than to/from DEs. i would have done it, but am preoccupied with emptying the house by may 15th.

the car also has M030 sway bars and a strut tower brace. i want to swap the sways and strut tower brace with the S2. The drivers seat is tired, but the seat from my S2 is in great shape. I have a set of Momo seats i just put in the 951 and would take them into the S2 so you could have the 68k mile S2 seats too.
The S2 has 68k miles. I bought it in december from a rennlister. it is on its fourth set of belts/water pump. clutch was replaced at 45k miles. A lot of receipts. no evidence of bodywork, no dash cracks, lots of receipts from new. The POs spent a lot of money on this car for little things. I want to get the 10k i have into it out of it. I bought it in december. It has a little rust on the bottom of each front fender by the back of the tire.

Here is what I wrote to someone tha inquired about the car
90 S2. 68K miles, the vin stickers are not there, but there is no evidence any of the paint is not origial. I think a detailer took them offsince things just look and fit right.

I have most of the receipts. the POs got ripped off on this car. it is on its fourth water pump! The POs lived in summit nj.

I bought this car December 26th and put on about 1200 miles. I have 10K into it which includes new cam tensioner pad, and gaskets, and new O2 sensor. I am hoping to get most of the 10K I have into it back.

I got the Corolla for next to nothing otherwise the 951 would be my DE toy, the Miata my weekend toy, and the S2 my daily driver.

the clutch was replaced at 45k. i had a new O2 sensor put in. the car is tight. the gravel paint is not as nice as it should be. there is a little rust on the bottom corner of each fender in back of the wheel. no cracks on dash. here is a link to the thread that has a copy of the original ad that i got the car from. https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/340757-selling-my-90-s2.html

Last edited by Tom R.; 05-25-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:13 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

jeez...with what I just spent on my s2 I probably could have come close to buying one of yours...keep the s2. You can always find a nice turbo...S2's seem to be more in short supply.

best

Joe
Old 04-29-2007, 10:40 PM
944 crazy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll be glad to take the koni's if your willing to seperate with them
Old 04-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 944 crazy
i'll be glad to take the koni's if your willing to seperate with them
I would love to sell the Turbo without the Konis as long as they were going into my S2. It is too much work. Having the shop swap sways is one thing, shocks is more in labor than parts.

I bet it would be the same $$ for me to buy a set of used M030 sways and put them in myself as it would be to have a shop swap em between the two cars.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Rob Channell
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a buddy that is thinking about a 944 or 951. I tried to PM you, but the system says I don't have the privilege or something. Please email me at robNOSPAMchannell@knology.net. Just remove the "NOSPAM" from the email address. I'm just an occasional visitor here as I suffer from a slight addiction to Pelican.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,
Heck, with your pace, you go through Porsches faster than Sheryl Crow goes through toilet paper...

You really should invest in a lot and put up a sign, "Tom's Used P-car Sales, INC."

-Z-man.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Z-man
Tom,
Heck, with your pace, you go through Porsches faster than Sheryl Crow goes through toilet paper...

You really should invest in a lot and put up a sign, "Tom's Used P-car Sales, INC."

-Z-man.
I thoght I was going through a stable period then the Corolla came along. I have no place to park five cars. Something has to go, and it aint gonna be the Miata unless I score a mint emrald green one.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Tom, Feel free to park the S2 at my place I'll take good care of it.

PS: I became a Dad yesterday!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Tom, Feel free to park the S2 at my place I'll take good care of it.

Congrats!!! Welcome to the club. When Marisa was a few months old she fell asleep in my arms. Her hand was resting on mine. I took a bunch of pictures.

Now she puts her hand on mine to see how much it has grown.

I miss those tiny hands.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks Tom, It's just an amazing thing..
Her name is Racheal Grace Gelefsky and thank god she looks like her mom!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:36 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Marc!! I like the name! Seems everyone is having girls lately. Must be something in the NJ water?

Girls are easy as first babies! They don't "go" all over you like boys do! Good luck!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:34 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Cool, isn't it? Congrats!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Tom, It's just an amazing thing..
Her name is Racheal Grace Gelefsky and thank god she looks like her mom!
I know where the R comes from. I know the M in Marisa means a lot to Jill.

Ask your dad if he knew murray shapiro from the store out of the blue on 235th up the block from the bagel corner between netherland and henry hudson. in packing jill came across her dads stuff today. she had to show that the entries in his date book stopped in july 86. her uncle owned kids threads on johnson she just told me.

Congrats again. dont let your wife get all the time cuddling. also, if she doesnt sleep well laying down, put the bucket from the car seat in between the two of you in your bed. the bucket is made to rock!

plan on spending a lot of time on these forums. there isnt much to do when you are cradling a sleeping child and have only one hand free.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bump.
Someone asked for pictures. I will try to shoot a bunch on saturday. I have the movers coming tomorrow, and am trying to box stuff today.

I think i would rather sell the 951 even though it has more recent work than the S2. I felt more comfortable on the track in the gray S2 than I do in the 951. too much power for me i think. anyone know how much a set of used M030 sways goes for?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bump - See first post in thread.

Quick Reply: Selling either the 88 951 or 90 S2