Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MaxTune Screenshots

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:14 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
According to your post this evening the 951 version will be ready later this month...
Actually the version (MaxTune Standard) is not limited to 951. Now that the program is complete I'm working on adding specifications for many different cars. It is not even limited to Porsches, nor even Bosch Motronic systems. Givin a few minutes to decode a chip and enter the specification this system can work on ANY vechicle manufactured between 1985 and 1997 which uses a single eprom to store all maps on either 24 or 28 pin format up to 512Kb of data.

I designed MaxTune to be a tuning shell, with all code specifics stored in a table of specifications of different cars/chips. So the program knows how to handle any set of data in that specification. New spec files will be freely downloadable to anyone with a registered copy of any version. I will also accept subissions of specs other people plot out. If I get a stock chip for it and everything looks right I'll add it ot the main spec file for redistribution. Then everyone has the same capabilities.

The thing that I hate about laptops is any mouse is useless. So in the program you don't really use the mouse. You can use it to select a cell in a map, and to copy/paste an entire map, but once in a grid of cells you can navigate with the arrow keys and change values up/down with the +/- keys. You'll also have to get used to going back and forth between real fuel/timing values as in %fuel correction and degrees of timing advance or retard and how it corresponds to the raw data. And of course you can completely navigate any screen with the tab key. I do my best to make the laptop experience as painless as possible. For those that don't have laptops, geeks.com.

I'm 43, starting to notice loss of hearing and my arms aren't long enough to read a menu. But I still like to go fast...

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-01-2007, 04:17 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shouldnt an old guy like you be asleep already?

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:19 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So this could possibly work on, say, a 96 740 or a 93 camry (assuming they have the correct chips)?

I'm putting in my order right now before I use up my money on something else.

And as for not reading technical stuff, its called ADD. Mine comes with an H in the middle. I think that means I'm a hypocrite. Or was it a hippopotamus? Hey, want to go ride bikes?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:32 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by Andial951
Shouldnt an old guy like you be asleep already?

Keep up the good work.

Sleep? Now there's a novel idea.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

NA guys are going to get impatient with me, so at the moment I'm plotting 84s which are a pain, and wrapping up the 85.5-87 and 88. Little further to go on the 89 2.7.

This is going to be a fun summer.

Russell
Old 03-01-2007, 04:48 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by billthe3
So this could possibly work on, say, a 96 740 or a 93 camry (assuming they have the correct chips)?

I'm putting in my order right now before I use up my money on something else.

And as for not reading technical stuff, its called ADD. Mine comes with an H in the middle. I think that means I'm a hypocrite. Or was it a hippopotamus? Hey, want to go ride bikes?
I already have stock images on a lot of other cars, including volvos. Thing about some of the volvos is the computer is in the engine compartment. Later there will be a more rugged version of the Maxtronic for such applications. I fear a little plastic box won't fair well in those conditions. Also means shielded cabling for the switch or no switch at all depending on the distance. A lot of dyno shops will buy them to tune other cars where they'll just tune your car with it, then burn you a chip. Many ways to go about it. Not everyone will want to run with the Maxtronic and they'll tune or get tuned and then have a chip burned. I also have to be careful of the legalities of loading a stock chip. Licensing by Porsche/Bosch is rather tricky business, so if a stock images you have to have the stock chip that came in your car because I can't legally do anything but give you a place to put a copy of your own chip image. Have to cover all the bases.

I tend to ramble on about stuff, have you noticed? But most people who read a product thread just want to know what does it do and how much is it. Which reminds me, I don't think I ever took the popcorn out of the microwave...

Russell
Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by billthe3
The H is for 'Hits button too fast'
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 AM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job Russell. Count me in for one.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice Russell!

Looks a little like the SharkTuner.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:43 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Very cool Russell. I have full intentions to pick one of these up as soon as I can find the "spare" $
Old 03-01-2007, 02:47 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by ibkevin
Very nice Russell!

Looks a little like the SharkTuner.

Okay, I'll bite, what's a SharkTuner?

Quick Reply: MaxTune Screenshots