Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING! DO NOT TRUST THIS SELLER!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:30 PM
sparkie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING! DO NOT TRUST THIS SELLER!

Hi everyone,

Want to warn everyone about my experience with a not so nice, David Mandache from Northeast Auto Inc.

Here is a quick summary of my experience:

> I paid $620 to Mr. David Mandache from Northeast Auto Inc. for a set of brake calipers
> After a few weeks of receiving nothing i email him asking him whats up
> Only then does he 'claim' to be having temporary problems with paypal
> I apply for a refund and only get $361 back.
> I email him asking for the rest of my cash back as he never sent my goods.. and in return i get abusive emails and him claiming he doesnt owe me a penny because its not his fault he screwed up his own paypal account!

Please dont take the risk with this guy.. he screwed me.. and there is a good chance he will screw you too! Im sure he does ship out some parts on occasions but trust me.. there are a bunch of other people who have had one heck of a bad experience with him too! Dont worry i can verify this.. not just slagging this jerk into the ground for nothing..

Just my bit of advice..

More info on this idiot and a full discussion.. goto: http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Mark (SparkY)
Old 02-20-2007, 01:51 PM
GodSpeed
Nissan Rulez
Rennlist Member

Im sorry people like this exist in the world.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:56 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

So that guy is the same guy that goes by "d993" here on this BBS?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:03 PM
sparkie
Instructor

Hey guys,

Yeah its a real shame that some people are willing to go so low, to scam cash out of someone.. im guessing he is thinking that since im in malta, there is no way for me to get my money back off him!

royalschwarz, you got it spot on! he goes by xdavids on ebay..

just wanted to put out a beware on this jerk!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:47 PM
porcho heat
Pro

Search d993 or David Mandache or Northeast Auto or any combination of them and find my thread about a 944S2 transaxle.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanAllen944
Im sorry people like this exist in the world.
I'm afraid it's a sad unfortunate fact - what a scumbag
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
sparkie
Instructor

420WHP944, it is a crying shame that people like him are around
and are happy to screw people! Hope everyone learns from this tough!

porcho heat, guess im not alone with problems with this jerk!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what a *****
Old 02-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Naplesguy06
Racer

Thanks for the tip
Old 05-18-2011, 01:07 PM
traxtar928
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Another dissatisfied potential customer

Just thought I'd add my recent experience with this seller. Here's the correspondence, you be the judge:

Hello,

I'd like to know if you would part out the screw-on large speaker trim ring from one of the door panels you're selling. One of mine is broken, and I'd like to avoid paying $40 for the plastic ring from the dealership. Hope you can be of assistance!

-Matt

Dear sellstar928,

Wow, a $40 part on a 928 and you think it's too much?
Sorry, we don't have any $40 928 parts.

Dear xdavids,

I own a 928. It's a daily driver. I change the oil with 7.5 quarts of mobile 1 synthetic every 3000 miles. I religiously maintain the sensors, belts, leather, carpet, and electronics. I've never put a part on the car that wasn't manufactured in Germany. AND, I bought the car with my own cash money. I'm 22 years old.

Yes, $40 at the dealership for a 2oz plastic part that experiences no wear what-so-ever is a bit high, REGARDLESS of the fact that it's a Porsche part. You sound more like someone who has a driver, rather than someone who drives their own car... let alone works on one. I'm surprised you're still in business. ***. A simple no would have been sufficient. "NO" response necessary.

-Matt

Dear sellstar928,

You resort to name-calling, specifically calling someone an *** due to your inability to lowball a successful and satisfactory deal, all with complete disregard for other peoples' valuable time.

Supposing we wasted our time, it's people like you that would put us OUT of business, but in fact we've grown considerably over the last 10 years due to satisfied customers who understand the value of time and money.
Good luck to you buddy.

Dear xdavids,

Fair enough, name calling was perhaps sinking to an immature level. However, a lowball deal was never made because I never had the opportunity to even offer a buying price. You simply acted astonished that I was even asking if you had a part available at less than the dealer cost... when you base your entire business model on offering that very thing.

As a business owner myself, and from a simple customer service standpoint, I'd never respond to a potential client with "Wow, a $40 part on a 928 and you think it's too much? Sorry, we don't have any $40 928 parts.". It's rude, and implies that your business is somehow better than me. What could have been a repeat customer for big ticket items has instantly turned into a no-sale, based on your response alone. I'd say that you need the luck, but I'm sure you'd disagree with that as well. Regardless, we wouldn't want to do business with each other anyways.

By the way, Mr. David Mandache... clearly you have a reputation in the online communities I'm a part of. Apparently I'm not the first one to use 'name calling' when referring to your business etiquette.

Link to AutoWorld Thread

Link to 924Board Thread

Link to another Rennlist Thread

Link to this thread

Clean up your act. I'm happy to add my opinions to the forums on your level of service. I'm still in disbelief that Northeast Auto is in business at all.

-Matt

Matt,
This is Chris (not David), and I've been handling all online sales for the past 8 years.
If you're not satisfied with my responses or the way I handle sales, you can leave your phone number and I'll have the owner contact you directly, but since I don't waste my time on $40 items, I'm almost certain he wouldn't either since that is not his field.
And since I'm in charge of online sales, that's MY policy; like it or not.
If you were local, it may have been a possibility prior to your unnecessary name calling (which I will report to ebay).
Good luck to you.

Chris,

Please do report it. I'm interested to see how eBay handles correspondence like this. Personally, I have no further business with you as I've already sourced the item I originally inquired about from a much more personable auctioneer here on eBay who was more than happy to help. Furthermore, I wouldn't step one foot on your businesses property, local or not. Good luck to you as well.

- sellstar928

I'm not responding to these idiots any further. I've already wasted enough time on a dead issue. Just wanted to warn people on the kind of service to expect from this guy if you purchase parts from him.

I agree that we should create a good/bad supplier thread that is a sticky on either the classifieds section or on top of each discussion area so not just the 944 guys can see it.

Last edited by traxtar928; 05-18-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added correspondence and agree a good/bad seller thread should be formed.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:58 PM
andys-944
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear of your trouble and thanks for Sharing.
Is there or would it be worthwhile to create a good supplier and bad supplier thread for people to cross referance before dealing with a company?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:46 PM
mazdaverx7
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

guy sounds like a total scumbag. thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by andys-944
Sorry to hear of your trouble and thanks for Sharing.
Is there or would it be worthwhile to create a good supplier and bad supplier thread for people to cross referance before dealing with a company?

In slovenian bmw forum this approach works out quite well..
Old 05-18-2011, 06:40 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

I'll avoid the company just for the way that Chris chick was talking to you.

Thanks for the heads up, and I'll let others know the same.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

If it hasn't been over the time limit, file a dispute with paypal. From what I hear they are pretty good about getting your money back.

Quick Reply: WARNING! DO NOT TRUST THIS SELLER!