Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOOO many cars being parted out???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
It is not a classic, and wont be a classic. Try and save the breed. HA!! Why?

There is a reason they are getting parted. Nobody wants them.

The galvinized body is a blessing and a curse. Because very few cars have significant rust the shells are worthless.

The only value a hatch has is to someone trying to fix one that is delaminating and needs a spare just in case.

What breed?

Tell that to the guy with a perfect time capsule Pacer. You need a market. There are too many options out there that make even time capsule 944s worth relatively little.

Didnt the 32k mile multiple award winning S2 recently sell for less than a new Civic? What did that burgandy NA with next to no miles go for? Did it sell to a real ebay bidder or a shill?

I dont like to see any old car get parted, but Darwin knew what he was talking about.
SHUN THE NONBELIEVER

HERETICS ARE NOT TOLERATED ON THESE FORUMS
Old 02-23-2007, 01:56 PM
VinsBalticBlueS2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! You're entertaining the hell out of me. Your 'consistency' statement is about as funny as it gets. You really should go back and read all your posts... it's hilarious. The ONLY things you're consistent on is 1- being obtuse to your own moving position.... and 2-your math is correct. Most 944's don't pencil out as an investment.

I suggest you go back to the dictionary and read the definitions. Collectible is subjective in that something is a collectibe if an idividual decides that they want to 'collect' them. Irregardless ANY net value or investment opp. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST HYPOCRIT ON THIS BOARD when you say they're not collectible.... YOU ARE LIVING PROOF THAT 944's are collectible. I love your quote about you being
a collector of non collectibles.
FURTHER this board is FACTUAL PROOF that they're collectible.

You've bounced all over the map on your debating position from not a 'classic' to 'junk'.. to 'investment grade collectible' to 'investment' .. back and forth on.. YOU ARE CONTRADICING YOURSELF about every 3rd post in a hilarious attempt to save some pride.

Bottom line is that your opinions become 'fact' as you apply them to everyone else in this world. I can imagine you're a pure joy to reason with.... If people cannot engage in honest debate with you, and your ego clouds your logic, then people will simply not engage in debate with you at all. Allowing you to just keep living in your comfy world and never challenge yourself to gain perspective or wisdom. Only one loser in that equation. Just cuz your MATH is right.. doesn't mean you're working on the right EQUATION.

Cheers to you Tommy Boy...
Old 02-23-2007, 02:04 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

My head hurts.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by VinsBalticBlueS2
Ha! You're entertaining the hell out of me. Your 'consistency' statement is about as funny as it gets.....

You've bounced all over the map on your debating position from not a 'classic' to 'junk'.. to 'investment grade collectible' to 'investment' .. back and forth on.. YOU ARE CONTRADICING YOURSELF about every 3rd post in a hilarious attempt to save some pride.
Thanks, glad I am entertaining you. Your comment of appreciation reminds me of a sign i read in a mens room. It went " we aim to please, so you aim too please". That is about as funny as it gets.

How bout posting where I am contradicting myself. quotes with full thoughts would be appreciated.

This is an internet forum fer cryin out loud! What you or others think of what I say has very little if any impact on my life, so your mention of pride is laughable, almost as laughable as your attempt to twist the context of my use of the word "collectible" .
Originally Posted by tifosiman
My head hurts.
Mine too, in a janet jackson superbowl "is this for real" sort of way.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Burn
Old 02-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
Burn
I aim to please...
The sky is red, I dont understand,
Past midnight I still see the land.
People are sayin the woman is damned,
She makes you burn with a wave of her hand.
The citys a blaze, the towns on fire.
The womans flames are reaching higher.
We were fools, we called her liar.
All I hear is burn!

I didnt believe she was devils sperm.
She said, curse you all, youll never learn!
When I leave theres no return.
The people laughed till she said, burn!
Warning came, no one cared.
Earth was shakin, we stood and stared.
When it came no one was spared.
Still I hear burn!

You know we had no time,
We could not even try.
You know we had no time.

You know we had no time,
We could not even try.
You know we had no time.

The sky is red, I dont understand,
Past midnight I still see the land.
People are sayin the woman is damned,
She makes you burn with a wave of her hand.
Warning came, no one cared.
Earth was shakin, we stood and stared.
When it came no one was spared.
Still I hear burn!
- ritchie blackmore, david coverdale, jon lord & ian paice
Old 02-23-2007, 02:47 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ha! You're entertaining the hell out of me. Your 'consistency' statement is about as funny as it gets. You really should go back and read all your posts... it's hilarious. The ONLY things you're consistent on is 1- being obtuse to your own moving position.... and 2-your math is correct. Most 944's don't pencil out as an investment.

I suggest you go back to the dictionary and read the definitions. Collectible is subjective in that something is a collectibe if an idividual decides that they want to 'collect' them. Irregardless ANY net value or investment opp. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST HYPOCRIT ON THIS BOARD when you say they're not collectible.... YOU ARE LIVING PROOF THAT 944's are collectible. I love your quote about you being

FURTHER this board is FACTUAL PROOF that they're collectible.

Bottom line is that your opinions become 'fact' as you apply them to everyone else in this world. I can imagine you're a pure joy to reason with.... If people cannot engage in honest debate with you, and your ego clouds your logic, then people will simply not engage in debate with you at all. Allowing you to just keep living in your comfy world and never challenge yourself to gain perspective or wisdom. Only one loser in that equation. Just cuz your MATH is right.. doesn't mean you're working on the right EQUATION.

+1
Old 02-23-2007, 02:57 PM
VinsBalticBlueS2
Instructor

Dude.. I'm not Twisting your use of the context of collectible. I'm simply pointing out the fact that the definition of the word is SUBJECTIVE.. and that you are taking your opinion of what is collectible and apply it as FACT for the rest of the world. I accept the fact that in your OPINION it's not a collectible. But there are no actual FACTS to even come close to supporting that OPINION. ALL of you FACTS are related to the simple math in terms of INVESTMENT viability. I've conceded that to you from the very beginning..

Amen to this being an online forum.. that's what allows us all to be so candid and full of **** and vinegar.. You can get what you want out of this... I can tell you that I'm getting EXACTLY what I want.. 1-A ton of good mechanical and technical insight from people. 2- Good entertainment and debate with folks.. all in fun.. seriously. I can guarantee you that I'd crack you up over a beer and we'd both have a good laugh. And 3- I'm also open to learning.. but I can't do that very well if I'm not willing to admit where a past opinion/assumption is erroneous.

As far as the quotes go.. wow.. you really haven't gone back and read your stuff have you? If yes.. that's even more scary.. Communication is a 2 part process.... What person A 'Says'... & What person B 'Heard'.. I'm starting to wonder if you're both Person A&B wrapped into one.. Hell maybe that's a good way to be. Makes life a hell of a lot easier.

I'm at working.. 'working very hard' as you can tell.. :-)

I'll put some of your quotes together on Sunday if I have time. Got kid and family stuff tonight and tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
VinsBalticBlueS2
Instructor

Oh... I GET IT...!!! Holy crap... you really did just quote a White Snake song????

WOW.. ummm.. This really sheds all the light on this dynamic thread that I need. Talk about context.

I'm going to close my eyes and imagine my self with long hair, make up, a bunch of hair spray teasing the body out of my mane of hair....... ZZZZZZzzzzz OK.. yep.. Now I'm vibing with you dude.. I take everything I said back.. you are so money. I am now in 100% alignment with your perspective..

ahhhhhhhh....
Old 02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Mmmmm. Whitesnake. Hot women rolling around on the hoods of Jaguars. Mmmmmmm.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh... I GET IT...!!! Holy crap... you really did just quote a White Snake song????

WOW.. ummm.. This really sheds all the light on this dynamic thread that I need. Talk about context.

I'm going to close my eyes and imagine my self with long hair, make up, a bunch of hair spray teasing the body out of my mane of hair....... ZZZZZZzzzzz OK.. yep.. Now I'm vibing with you dude.. I take everything I said back.. you are so money. I am now in 100% alignment with your perspective..

ahhhhhhhh....
Whitesnake, nah. Deep Purple!!

Last edited by Tom R.; 02-23-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:13 PM
VinsBalticBlueS2
Instructor

Even more Prescient... Dang!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

About ten years ago Coverdale and Paige did a project together. They were visiting the local radio station (WBAB) when listeners were invited to call in.

I almost pulled over to a pay phone to ask this question:

When Ian Gillian left Deep Purple, Ritchie Blackmore was quoted as saying he wanted the new singer to be Robert Plant or the closest thing to Robert Plant. Since Jimmy Page was then the only person to have worked with both, what are Jimmy's thoughts on whether Blackmore got what he was looking for when he hired Coverdale?

Now if you will excuse me for a moment while I reach past the chain holding my wallet into my back pocket and grab the white/red (forgot the brand) brush and brush my mullet, then straighten my gold chains.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:49 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

You guys need to see my license picture -- fat mullet = hottness.

Anyways, on the topic of car parts...anyone have a spare early tranny they'd be willing to part with very cheaply?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
You guys need to see my license picture -- fat mullet = hottness.

Anyways, on the topic of car parts...anyone have a spare early tranny they'd be willing to part with very cheaply?
"Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round."

somehow history affects whatever meaning could be attributed to that line.

Quick Reply: SOOO many cars being parted out???