Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone signing up for Thunderhill on 4/23/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kudos to Ron Petrich for running such a well organized and smooth Got Guts event! This was a really, really fun DE, lots of people seem to know one another, and there was a genuinely friendly atmosphere. The morning meeting was short and sweet, he briefly covered the ground rules, we then had “Turbo” the flag martial go over the various flags of the day, and then we were off to have some fun!

Got Guts provided coffee and snacks in the morning, also lunch was later provided, and raffle prizes galore! I’ve never done well with raffles, but even I won something (a 22” x 28” framed portrait from Blue Milk photos, I chose the shot of me coming into T10 cause the car has nice stance as the suspension takes set).

Oh, and the weather was perfect, sunny and cool (free horsepower!). I was hoping to see other 944’s or 951’s out there but I didn’t see any. There were, however, three 928’s, two really clean guards red, and one black (I think it was from Devek Engineering). The Black 928 broke down on the first session, so I never got to see if I could hang with it.

Lots of fast cars out there, a silver Corvette which was probably running on slicks (that guy was so fast), a supped up EVO, a beautiful blue Viper, and a gorgeous red Ferrari.

I managed to replace the cam tower gasket which had started leaking oil the previous week at the April 14 NASA DE and the darn thing was weeping oil Monday morning (I knew I should have used new hardware!!!), so I was worried that my day might be cut short if the gasket decided to go, but after the first session the oil burned off the headers and it keep dry all day (it probably just needed a nice good run to bake it on there). Could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Quick Reply: Anyone signing up for Thunderhill on 4/23/07