Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did a PS update and other stuff! Whats YOUR winter project?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Did a PS update and other stuff! Whats YOUR winter project?

called paragon a week ago to get a ps line for my turbo since it has been dribbling slowly on the ground since assembly. Talking to Chuck i found out that early cars had a banjo bolt style fitting at the bottom of the resevoir line that tends to leak. He said for $7 there was an update the is basically just a nipple fitting with threads on it and it eliminates the banjo bolt all together. Installed the new fitting and new supply hose and so far it seems to be working out!

also put in three quarts of new redline trans fluid, rear tow eyelets for tying down on the trailer, installed the hood liner kit from the leather dash guy, hooked up my new autometer boost gauge and installed it in the cubby for now until i make a plate along w/ the boost controller. Next on the list is the Tial wastegate that is on the way!!!!!

anyone else working on winter projects?? HP farm?
Attached Images   

Last edited by xsboost90; 12-29-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:37 AM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Dan,

Here is some of the stuff I have been working on during my vacation.

This is the parts car that Sam and I are taking apart. Pulled the engine the other day after talking to you.

And completed my A/C delete yesterday.

Nice to hear you got your PS problem fixed. Mine has been a constant battle since day one. Currently have the belt removed. If it wasn't so expensive to get the correct parts to make a manual rack work on my 87, my PS would be gone.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
called paragon a week ago to get a ps line for my turbo since it has been dribbling slowly on the ground since assembly. Talking to Chuck i found out that early cars had a banjo bolt style fitting at the bottom of the resevoir line that tends to leak. He said for $7 there was an update the is basically just a nipple fitting with threads on it and it eliminates the banjo bolt all together. Installed the new fitting and new supply hose and so far it seems to be working out!

also put in three quarts of new redline trans fluid, rear tow eyelets for tying down on the trailer, installed the hood liner kit from the leather dash guy, hooked up my new autometer boost gauge and installed it in the cubby for now until i make a plate along w/ the boost controller. Next on the list is the Tial wastegate that is on the way!!!!!

anyone else working on winter projects?? HP farm?

And no PICS????
Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

i know i need to bust the camera out! I even cleaned the car up and drove it to work today. I'll get some tonite or something...
Old 12-28-2006, 04:19 PM
skene
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Winter projects? I'll be changing the oil in my front forks and the brake fluid and doing a general tune up.
Oh wait, you meant for my car...that's what I drive when it snows out and only work on it when it's warm. I think I got it backwards somewhere.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:52 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

also got started on my tinted lights project tonite. Pulled all the tail lights and sprayed them with spray on tint. Im planning on spraying automotive clear coat over them to keep them from fading like previous projects....and put some seal rope in the tail lights since the PO left it out and they started to fill w/ water...
Attached Images    
Old 12-29-2006, 10:42 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

went down and looked at my taillights this morning after everything dried. They look so friggin awsome!!! I used VHT window spray from Summit racing- only took two months to receive it though- the nozzle was broken on the can when i got it but luckily i had some other VHT stuff from Autozone and swapped the nozzle out. When you spray that stuff, you have to move your hands very fast and just barely fog the surface- it looks all splotchy at first but then it smooths itself out. When i applied too much it got runny and nasty looking so i cleaned everything back off w/ laquer thinner and re-coated it with adhesion promoter and then on light coat of tint. Awsome look!!

Now im going to spray some Dupont chromabase clear over them because the spray can clear i used on Erin's car is starting to fade and flake alittle after a few years. The Dupont clear should give me better UV protection and a super shiney look.

oh and i guess i need to do the front turn sig. lenses too- forgot those!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:46 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a bit of a winter project.....

Dan, those paragon tie downs rock. I make anyone who owns a 944 that is going to end up on my trailer buy them.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:50 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

yeah you have a bit of a project there- i'll be doing something like that in years to come im sure but for now its running so its staying together!

love the paragon tie downs, i had just installed them on the N/A and then sold the thing- but they worked great all the way to Maryland where i dropped it off!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:17 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 107 Posts

Let's see. I just replaced 3 intake valves on the BMW yesterday and hopefully it will stay healthy long enough to start my own project. That is to refresh the spare 90K 951 engine with the one with a spun #2 RB, buy a newer turbo set-up, MAF, fuel control, clutch, and chips for the Sapphire Metallic 86 951. The goal is to end up with a totally refreshed 86 Turbo that will run even better than the black one. Hopefully the complete swap of the old engine with the new engine w/major components can be done in 1 day relying on a NorCal GTG?Wrenching Party. When done the black car goes up for sale. Sounds like fun!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

then your selling me your wheels right?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:38 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turbo, suspension, seats, harness bar in the Porsche

Vanos on the BMW

Rebuild spare motor for the race car maybe?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:49 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

No real projects for me this winter (save for finishing the AC repair). I'm just biding my time and slowly gathering up parts for when I get my flogger. That'll be next year's winter project.

BB.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

You guys are all way ahead of me! All of your projects will actually get done in the foreseeable future (I am always amazed by how quickly you get things done Dan). However, I am chipping away a little faster now that I have finished up the school studies I had undertaken for the past year and a half.

This winter is devoted to putting as much of the car back together as I can. The past couple of days I managed to get my fuel tank back in (that was an awkward job to do alone) and getting my new engine room harness connected to the central electric relay panel…

Old 12-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mo30 sways front and rear, swapping in a jgporsche black intake manifold.

Not much accomplished so far - replaced a ps clamp that was leaking, installed winter tires

replacing Tenacious_G's fuel pump and fan thermoswitch today and tomorrow

Quick Reply: Did a PS update and other stuff! Whats YOUR winter project?