Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

86 Turbo FS Feeler Post

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 04:13 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Default 86 Turbo FS Feeler Post

Alright guys. Some stuff has come up, and I am needing some extra cash for moving. I don't want to sell my baby, but if it comes down to it, I may have to. Right now I am just trying to see how much I could get out of it. I am looking for at least 7500 to 8000, but I am not sure. Here is some info.

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo
145,xxx miles
Graphite Metallic with Linen Interior
SFR Catback exhaust
Shimmed Wastegate
Weltmeister chips (also have Autothority chips)
Accuboost Manual Boost Controller
A-Pillar gauge pod
VDO Boost Gauge
VDO Analog clock (not hooked up, no idea how too...)
Rennbay A/F Meter
Venturi Delete

The good:
Car has recently went through a lot of maintenance. It has all new seals, coolant hoses, coolant resevoir, turbo waterpump, timing belt and balance shaft belt, waterpump, rollers, header gaskets, all new bolts in the exhaust, new vaccum lines, new spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, filters, rotor button, rear rotors, parking brake shoes, thermostats, throttle body. The car hasn't been driven since the work was done, it is in fact still at the shop the work was being done at.

The bad:
The car needs new tires. Four of them...BADLY. The paint on it isn't the greatest. It has rock chips in the front, one spot of peeling on the hood, some rust spots (very small) on the rocker panels, and the paint on the roof is faded from where it was being stored. Interior is in pretty good shape. The key doesn't unlock the hatch, but the motor does work.

Thats all I can think of right now. Again, I am trying to find every way possible to NOT sell the car, but it is looking like I am going to have to sell it. Here's hoping I don't, and find some other means. Pictures (before the paint faded) are as follows.
Attached Images    
Old 12-13-2006 | 04:16 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

It sounds like you have had alot of expensive recent maitnence, which is good. I would pay 8 grand for it provided its running really well and the interior is in good shape.
Old 12-13-2006 | 04:25 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Yeah the car runs great. Interior is in good to great condition. Not completely spot free, and there is a tear on the driver side bolster....normal stuff though. Other than that, only one crack in the dash, and it is pretty small...god I don't want to sell it though...haha.
Old 12-13-2006 | 04:40 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Man, I'm sorry that you have to consider selling. I've watched you go from someone who knew very little about these cars and being afraid to work on them, to getting this replacement car from Ian after yours was whacked and working on bringing this one up to snuff and becoming much more knowledgable.

If you can keep it, try to do so. Realistically this is a tough time of year to try to sell a sports car, you will usually take a beating. Plus, with the mileage and paint condition, you will be hard pressed to get what you are looking to get. That's not a crack on the car at all, it's just that 86's don't command a premium anyway (even though I like them best due to the early offset) and what you are looking for is what ones with nice paint and good tires go for (that also have current maintanence). Again, no crack on the car, just trying to help. Needing paint and tires is going to really hurt you on this one, irrespective of the rest of the car.

Good luck! Love that color.
Old 12-13-2006 | 04:57 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Man, I'm sorry that you have to consider selling. I've watched you go from someone who knew very little about these cars and being afraid to work on them, to getting this replacement car from Ian after yours was whacked and working on bringing this one up to snuff and becoming much more knowledgable.

If you can keep it, try to do so. Realistically this is a tough time of year to try to sell a sports car, you will usually take a beating. Plus, with the mileage and paint condition, you will be hard pressed to get what you are looking to get. That's not a crack on the car at all, it's just that 86's don't command a premium anyway (even though I like them best due to the early offset) and what you are looking for is what ones with nice paint and good tires go for (that also have current maintanence). Again, no crack on the car, just trying to help. Needing paint and tires is going to really hurt you on this one, irrespective of the rest of the car.

Good luck! Love that color.
Thanks for the kind words Tifo! Yeah, I have learned a lot about these cars, and have done a lot of work to this one myself (namely the vac lines, and the mods). I was pretty sure that the paint and tires would set it back some, but I am still holding out hope.

Besides, if it doesn't sell, I guess I will have to sell my bed, bedroom suit, tv, xbox 360 plus games, ps2 plus games, and most of my clothes....hey...I get to keep the car though!!
Old 12-13-2006 | 05:03 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by bloodraven

Besides, if it doesn't sell, I guess I will have to sell my bed, bedroom suit, tv, xbox 360 plus games, ps2 plus games, and most of my clothes....hey...I get to keep the car though!!
Ouch. Well, the back seats do fold down to make plenty of room in the hatch.
Old 12-13-2006 | 05:07 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

haha. Well, I got the apartment in Atlanta worked out, I just will have to sleep on the floor I guess....lol
Old 12-13-2006 | 11:04 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

so, anyone else have any thoughts on how much I might be able to get for it?
Old 12-13-2006 | 11:38 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

you cant sell that car- then i will be one of the few left w/ a graphite car! and you need to bring it to the fest!!!
Old 12-13-2006 | 11:42 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Dude, reconsider. She's gorgeous now.

sell a kidney.
Old 12-13-2006 | 11:48 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Hmm...would I need two kidneys?
Old 12-13-2006 | 11:49 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

nope just need one!
Old 12-13-2006 | 11:55 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Sweet....where can I sell one? I would actually consider that.....I want to keep my car...:-(
Old 12-14-2006 | 12:57 AM
GodSpeed
Nissan Rulez
Rennlist Member

i wish i was closer to you, i would make a fair offer. im still upset i couldnt get the andial 951. either way i hope you get a good price or get to keep it.
Old 12-14-2006 | 03:50 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

KEEP IT DAMN IT!

Quick Reply: 86 Turbo FS Feeler Post