Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andial 951 FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 03:20 AM
ckathens
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial951
You are probably right. Of all the cars I have run up against in the 951 I have never raced another 951. I did drive Steve's new 951 and I thought it was broken it was so much slower than mine.....I even told him I thought there was something wrong with the turbo. He needs to sell that one and buy mine.
Hahah. Roger you drove my 951 before I did all the vacuum lines and hoses, and put in the Tial WG & MBC. There were several major boost leaks (including the J boot nearly disintegrating where it attached to the turbo) and the stock WG/Cycling valve combination was slooooow. It's much better now - still nowhere near your 295 rwhp tho!

I think Katrina would ask for a divorce if I bought a $14k turbo when I'm still unemployed and have a kid on the way. If you can hang on to it for a couple of years, then we'll talk.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:25 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catfood
didnt all porsche turbos come with lsd????
I wish. It was standard on the 951S, but only an option on the regular turbos.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

no one should ever buy this car.

i've seen roger do 150mph in a school playground, he has no respect for children or his car.

he's left a peanut butter sandwich in the oil pan (dont ask how), and every morning, he puts all the ingredients to make a taco in the spark plug holes.

not to mention that he puts a grapefruit in the tail pipe just so he can "see the look on the the poor bastard who buy's this crapbox's face when he has blown motor soup"

i do not recommend this car to anyone unless you actually have 15k to burn. literaly. because this car will burn your house down if you buy it, and probably make you impotent.

(j/k! good luck on the sale. +1 on etherjoe's farewell run idea!)
Old 11-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ckathens
Hahah. Roger you drove my 951 before I did all the vacuum lines and hoses, and put in the Tial WG & MBC. There were several major boost leaks (including the J boot nearly disintegrating where it attached to the turbo) and the stock WG/Cycling valve combination was slooooow. It's much better now - still nowhere near your 295 rwhp tho!
Ahhh that explains things...........I knew something wasnt right.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:00 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by billthe3
...I'm not sure if I'm going to drive mine in the rain or not - the thing already likes to kick the rear out if I'm not on the gas in turns, and when it rained on my way down to monterey a week ago the rain really emphasized this fact.

Maybe it's just a tire issue for you. I don't have LSD either but have had no complaints in the rain at all. I think the Fuzion ZR-1's are a great tire in the rain and I haven't hydroplaned or got tail-happy yet in 2 years.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah, a good LSD is a must for high-HP cars like that, but when it comes to getting tail-happy or "driving around in circles" the OD will not allow these things to happen like LSD. When you break the tires loose in a corner, w/LSD, having both wheels spinning will bring the rear end out a LOT FASTER & harder than standard OD. I got to see examples of this last December- two cars, an 86 w/out LSD & an 89 w/LSD w/two really good drivers. Coming out of clover-leaf freeway entrance ramps, the LSD car would get sideways & powerslide like crazy- the OD 86 would not- it would spin the inside tire until the guy lifted or straightened out enough to re-gain traction. He had to make minor steering corrections, but NOTHING like the LSD car- that one had to make MUCH faster & harder corrections. The OD car would go much straighter when the tire would break loose. This is why people only powerslide LSD cars- you cannot powerslide an OD car. LSD allows the ability to put WAY more power down coming out of turns, etc, but when you DO finally break the tires loose, you're spinning BOTH of them & the rear end is easy to carry away. OD does not do this- one wheel spins & the other just rolls along, giving you more stability to some extent. In the rain, one would almost be better off w/OD, actually...
Old 11-14-2006, 02:44 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
Maybe it's just a tire issue for you. I don't have LSD either but have had no complaints in the rain at all. I think the Fuzion ZR-1's are a great tire in the rain and I haven't hydroplaned or got tail-happy yet in 2 years.

+1

i have the ZRi's in the rear and worn out FK451's in the front (just about the inverse of what you need to drift)

and last year i remember if i wanted to, i could get a nice little bit of effortless wheelspin across an intersection from a stop, and i could go kansai-doriftu-attack when doing 180's, expecialy if there were leaves.

last night coming home from the gym, i hat to put more effort than usual to even get a little sideways with leaves and rain.

which isnt to say the FK-451's were bad in the rain, they were great. it's just the ZRi's may be a little less prone to rain drift attacks.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:49 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eh, I wasn't doing much to push it. Was just driving back from school in the first, er, second rain in a while and did a hard right from a stop light and decided to hit the throttle a little and the inside wheel just started spinning away. Almost as bad as the minivan...
Old 11-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 11-24-2006, 03:35 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump
Old 11-24-2006, 03:41 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't springtime the time to buy and sell sports cars?

Quick Reply: Andial 951 FOR SALE