Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1-800-PORSCHE sucks a mean one. Here's why:

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
Update, we're now finishing up the second week in February and the promised phone call in late January that was supposed to be within 3 days is now approaching three weeks.

On another front, emailed the VP of PCA to see if he can point me in right direction and get me a contact to someone at PCNA I can call or write that will reach a desk of authority.

That was a week ago. Have not received a reply.

This has gone so far past the threshold of the absurd I am running out of adjectives to describe it. Its almost to the point where I God honest dont want it to end. Like I want to see how long I can see it go without a modest resolution. Im Schadenfruede'ing my own cause here in a morbid self-cannibalistic sense because the longer it continues the funnier and more disbelieving it gets. If it wasnt so true nobody would probably believe I could make up such reckless disregard for customer service and common courtesy, but alas, a new page of non-fiction is being written each and every day that passes.
An employee has no vested interest in doiing anything right, and thier manager has no vested interest in changing what does not work. Therefore you have entire economy based on the idea that if you do as litle as possible without rocking the boat, you can take your money home, and not mis the new season of 24.

Thats the truth.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:15 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Update. Now March 1 and have not heard anything since last post. My original COA submission was 9 mths ago.

I wonder if we can sticky this thread. Its like watching a gawd dam train wreck.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Another update. Quickly approaching tax day and I have yet to hear from them since my last update.

Guys, Im thinking we need to put forward a big whammy on this. We need to send a message to PCNA that their mickey mouse customer-no-service happy horse**** is unacceptable. Im thinking maybe a letter I can type up to them that spells out my total displeasure in this matter and then forward it with the names and addresses of other porsche owners who are equally pissed off at the treatment received by a fellow porsche owner.

This is not gonna be good enough to just send a letter to these assmunches. I gotta go bigger than that. Maybe I need to drive to Atlanta with my camcorder and film me walking in asking where my god damn COA is. I should charge these folks 21% interest every month on the balance of the COA cost that I dont have.

This is just insane. Its maniacal. Its wrong on so many levels. Its comical. Its tragic. Its depressing. Its embarrassing. Its aggravating.

There are crappy businesses out there that could try to go out of their way to give as crappy service and respect as this and actually not come close to the level of ineptness and unimportance PCNA has shown. Someone inside PCNA is probably pulling down $55K a year to be this worthless. I dont even make that kind of money and Im smart enough to know 10 frijeaking months is unacceptable.

Jesus H, if you knew an employee or group of employees took 10 months to get a guys damn COA correct, wouldnt you be looking for new employees? Wouldnt that raise a red flag? Not even in the slightest? At least spawn a short staff meeting on Monday? Perhaps a phone call from a major supervisory manager or office holder expressing their complete embarrassment and forgiveness in the matter and offer even a small reassurance that whatever wrongs were made, they were going to make things right again and show me I have at least a minimum level of importance?

I want to get them a message they will never forget on this. But I may need some help.

BTW, I emailed the vice president of PCA to see if they could at least provide a phone number of someone inside offices at PCNA that make decisions (NOT the COA Department) and I never once heard from this guy either. Gee, those $65/yr dues are just working overtime for me too arent they.

God almighty. Thats all I can really say anymore. I buy their cars, I buy their shirts, I buy their posters, I buy their parts, I help organize events. And for that, this is the thanks I get.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 AM
stolarzj
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember that PCNA and PCA are two totally different entitys and are not really connected. The PCA isn't backed by PCNA. The PCA and it regions are even barred legally from using the Porsche logo. Your better served heading up the PCNA flagpole then the PCA. The only connection between the COA and PCA is the PCA offers the COA form on there website for PCNA and offers a discount to PCA members...
Old 04-13-2007, 10:56 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

I realize this but youd think someone high up PCA would at least have a few phone numbers of people at PCNA who can shake trees and get things done.

Apparently this is entirely not the case.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:14 AM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is interesting. The BMW CCA has an "Ombudsman" that intervenes in these sorts of situations to help connect CCA members with the right people at BMW to resolve issues/compaints. It's supposed to be pretty effective.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:46 PM
BKiller
Instructor

Holy crap, this is the best Rant I have ever read on a forum... Since PCNA is only 30 minutes from me, can you call me when you come over so I can film the event?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Want to sell it? Of course there would need to be a good discount for the lack of authentication.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:11 AM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

I'll sell you the COA for my 944S for $20. Just scratch out the VIN number and "S", and add "turbo" after "944."
Old 04-14-2007, 03:32 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Complain to JD Power and other firms that rank customer service. A lot of mfgrs actually follow up on these complaints as they are publicly logged. If you've taken your car to service or bought a new one recently you get pestered to give them 10/10 - Excellent scores in every category. Even on a minor oil change service visit they will call and follow up to make sure they were perfect.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:35 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

4/30/07 Update:

I received a call from Sebastian at PCNA today who is in charge of customer relations. A fellow concerned Renny member pointed out this thread to them (BIG THANKS) and needless to say they were pretty embarrassed by it.

Sebastian was up front and apologized profusely and readily admitted theres no excuse to cover up the manner in which this case has been mis-handled. And as I told him, while he ultimately must take the fall and be the apologist, there were plenty of individuals before him that dropped the ball and let him down to put him in the position he was in.

Anyway, we went over the option codes and we got the MSRP sorted out. Initial quotes were wholesale price and he was able to track down the MSRP. Theres still an issue on the interior color code. All their info says grey/black leather with code PE while my car is Champagne and code PB.

He's leaving for Germany next week and will take this case with him and look the build sheet up in the plant archives and get back in touch with me soon. He's also going to refund the cost of both COAs and from what it sounded, have a Come to Jesus meeting with everyone to make sure nothing like this happens again.

Thats all I was asking. For someone to step up and just take the time to let me know I wasn't forgotten and that this issue would be resolved. As much as the staff at PCNA let me down over the last 11 months, they let Sebastian down too. He tried to glean as much info from me as I could to take with him and address this case to make sure it never comes up again.

Unfortunately, it never really should have gotten to this point. Not in August, not in October, not in February, and not in April. I fully realize COAs arent at the top of the list of PCNAs day to day tasks. There's no reason something like this should have ever gotten to where it did though.

I thank Sebastian for addressing this in a professional manner. I'm sure he would have preferred knowing about it eight months ago and there's no way I can fault him for that. Perhaps this thread will end up required reading at the next Monday meeting?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 PM
BKiller
Instructor

Glad things turned around for you...
Old 01-15-2011, 11:32 PM
wreglesworth
2nd Gear

Do you think your cars are worth $90 each more now that you have the COA?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 PM
kombatrok
Pro

Originally Posted by wreglesworth
Do you think your cars are worth $90 each more now that you have the COA?
Truth

Can someone explain what the certificate of authenticity is and what its for?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:52 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically it is a letter from Porsche that list everything about your car from the factory. It can add value if you concours your car. Showing original paint and options, etc. It also provides some historical data on the car for your own edification.

This is different than a vin lookup you can get for free that returns the option codes the car came with (that is not deemed certified).

Quick Reply: 1-800-PORSCHE sucks a mean one. Here's why: