Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1-800-PORSCHE sucks a mean one. Here's why:

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:52 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
Another update. Called back to PCNA. Funny how the person in question said, "gee we were just looking at that today." RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.
Ahhh, classic shady-mechanic speak from 1-800-PORSCHE. Faaaantastic!

UD, I am now reconsidering purchasing a CoA. Thank you for your prolific and eloquent report.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:13 PM
pozican
Racer

Did the 944 turbo come out right?

Maybe porsche beleives they are superior?

haha

I was considering looking into these, maybe I'll just go down to my dealer and see what they say, but so far it's a no.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

The 944 Turbo COA came out right first time.

When I spoke with "unnamed lady" today, she said "we sent the second COA out but apparently you didnt get it? Im so sorry. I misunderstood." No, I said, I got it completely in tact, it was just WRONG like the first one and when we both hung up in FEKKING OCTOBER the mutual understanding was it was ****ed up a second time and you were gonna put your crack staff on it. Apparently you forgot about THAT part of the conversation.

I will be writing a scathing letter to PCNAs customer commitment department telling them about this mickey mouse horse****. It should take freaking 8 months to get a PLAIN JANE VANILLA PORSCHE 930 COA verified and sent to me. We're on the third try now after 8 months. Jesus H, Im a Porsche owner for several years, hell I got more than one (not that it makes me better from it), active in PCA and Porsche events, and the thanks I get for being one of the brands most enthusiastic customers is to get buttplunged on a god damn $95 COA.

Unfortunately, I dont think Im alone on this. I could run their damn COA department 10x better with half the walnut.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 PM
AgRosa Brad
Advanced

As a sometimes innocent bystander to this situation, I can understand both sides of this situation - even if I don't agree with the outcome that you've found. When you first posted this it seemed very comon to us. We have access to a Porsche database that allows us to input a VIN and see a screen listing all of the original options, etc. There are many errors similar to what you've found. It appears that Porsche stores the order "code" a 2-3 digit string for each option ie "030" for sport suspension, etc. I believe some codes have been reused over time (hard to believe) so they can't distinguish between a 2006 "club coupe" option and some other option package offered for a short time 10 years ago. Last week Porsche shut down our system for 5 days for a major overhaul. The new system will allow us to show drawings of all new and used cars in anyones inventory with "accurate" color and option combinations. It appears that they're using this same option information that we're finding problems with. I'm sure this same problem is in fact being worked on within the Porsche system right about now. The obvious question is when and how will the problem be solved. Hopefully everything will be OK.

-Brad Kennett
Stoddard Imported Cars
Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Man Im sorry to hear they continue to suck UD - I bought my dad one for Christmas on his 993 - hope I dont go through this!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:02 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Brad, you make good points and the lady did say that option codes were causing confusion, however heres my point.

How in the world can you have someone working a highly inside position at Porsche, THEN have the main higher up guy sign the COA after reviewing it himself and blessing it, when right on the COA it says my 1988 930 has a TIPTRONIC TRANNY.

Come on. This is mickey mouse Porsche 101. Thats like someone signing off on a COA for a 944 that says it came with a 6-spd. My frustration is more to do with nobody ctaching these mistakes as a collective group before they bless it, sign it, and send it to me, than one single person making the same mistakes over and over. Apparently no one has said, "ok obviously theres a problem, lets go over this tooth and nail before send a replacement so we get it right."

Last edited by UDPride; 01-18-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Animate
AutoX

I too was going to order a COA, but not any longer. Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience.

JB
Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

UPDATE:

Person I talked to on 1/17/2007 that promised me a call back no later than 1/22/07 at the absolute latest on the status of this ongoing struggle did not in fact call me back.

I have not heard from PCNA since my 1/17/07 conversation and it will now be February. My assumption is I will not be hearing from them either until I make another inquiry.

You can bet your red blooded American *** I will no longer be working with PCNA COA department on my COA. I will be working through some other department of my choosing. And whatever communication they need to perform with the COA department to get this done, they will get this done. I will no longer speak to ANYONE in the COA office. I believe I have offered more than enough infinite time and patience and information and returned calls and unreturned follow up calls to warrant some GOD DAMN MOTHER PHUCKING SERVICE.

Do I choose to spend $4,500 and drive a Hyndai Accent? No. No siree I dont. I spend thousand and thousands to experience the Porsche ownership and a highline luxury performance automobile with luxury and performance customer service as fast as the god damn car. I choose to spend $15,000 in engine rebuilds and upgrades for the privilege of having my god damn phone calls returned. I organize Porsche drive-ins that attract hundreds of cars. I decorate my walls with enough Porsche **** to make Jerry Seinfeld's ********* go numb. And for what for? For the privilege of taking 9 ****banging months to look up a few option codes properly, make a phone call or two and send me a damn Fed Ex letter envelope? Its not like Im not PAYING FOR THIS SERVICE either.

OK. Ive just about had enough of this god damn ****. Im sick and tired of being skull****ed by these ********. Im a good guy. People who know me will vote in the affirmative. I dont bother anybody. I dont order my friggin Big Mac special at the drive thru like Im at a 5-star dining establishment. I know theres a time and a place for everything.

Well its time to party on my terms now. Theres a ****storm a blowin' in and its headed toward the people who sign paychecks. Im taking on this fight for every person who was prostituted of their confidence and hard earned money and common business respect. Theres is absolutely no excuse for this. NONE. ABSOLUTELY NONE! ZERO!

Tell me Im being far too uptight over this. Convince me Im asking far too much far too quickly. This isnt Hyundai for Christs sakes! Its a car company that sells $450,000 automobiles. I swear I could run the COA department at 10x the pace with 1/10th the effort. And Im an idiot. So whats this say about the untrained chimps currently working there?

Can you tell Im agitated? Do you sense a small amount of frustration in my voice?

SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
I decorate my walls with enough Porsche **** to make Jerry Seinfeld's ********* go numb.
Dude I'm sorry for all the troubles you have had, but this is one of the funniest and best rants I have ever read.
I could just picture you standing at a podium with a giant PORSCHE flag flying behind you screaming the words as I read them.
Your face was all red and you were leaning over the podium so hard I thought it was gonna tip over.

I bow down to your supreme ranting skillz!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:37 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

Should be all plan a trip to Stuttgart for a sit in at Porsche HQ?? We can lay down across the assembly line until they document our cars properly. Or as a matter of courtesy, and to show willingness to be flexible, but in no way being prejudice toward our position, I would be willing to settle the matter for a new cayman S. Make mine atlas gray or blue please with a pale gray leather interior.

I would be pissed if I were you. But, keep in mind. It is an 18 year old car, and I am surprised that Porsche even has gone this far with it.

Try calling Ford or Chrysler to get info on a 1988 anything. After the phone receptionist catches his/her breath and stops laughing, you might get a sorry sir or something.

Though believe it or not, GM is pretty good. Pontiac historic has all the documents from 60's goats, etc. They sent us a nice package.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I realize there are 2 sides to every story but I've read enough stories of problems with COA's and slow response from PCNA to suspect UDPride has a valid complaint.

First and foremost to me, there is absolutely no excuse for the repeated promises of return calls and then not calling a customer back. Even if they have no update on his request they should still be returning his calls, period.

As for anyone in the future that wants a COA might I suggest you attach a copy/photo of the options sticker from your car or inside the maint. manual to your application? I realize they could lose it in the process but it may help.

In this era of web sites, internet forums and blogs it amazes me why companies haven't grasped the concept of quality customer service. "All publicity is good" is not an accurate statement. PCNA may not make much money off of COA's but I bet they've lost more than a few opportunities from this thread alone.

Off my soap box now...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
mbonner
Racer

Do I need one for my 83 944? UD Pride must want one really badly it seems. What is the purpose of the COA, it's a Porsche he has, aint' it? Is he going to concours it? I have not had so much entertainment since some banned punque was telling us his 924 with an auto trans was blowing away 951s!
Old 02-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

UD Pride (altho **** retentive almost as bad as I am, and rightfully so) is correct here.

You newer guys missed the penultimate idiot..
Old 02-13-2007, 05:36 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Update, we're now finishing up the second week in February and the promised phone call in late January that was supposed to be within 3 days is now approaching three weeks.

On another front, emailed the VP of PCA to see if he can point me in right direction and get me a contact to someone at PCNA I can call or write that will reach a desk of authority.

That was a week ago. Have not received a reply.

This has gone so far past the threshold of the absurd I am running out of adjectives to describe it. Its almost to the point where I God honest dont want it to end. Like I want to see how long I can see it go without a modest resolution. Im Schadenfruede'ing my own cause here in a morbid self-cannibalistic sense because the longer it continues the funnier and more disbelieving it gets. If it wasnt so true nobody would probably believe I could make up such reckless disregard for customer service and common courtesy, but alas, a new page of non-fiction is being written each and every day that passes.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Take some time off and drive down to Atlanta.

Quick Reply: 1-800-PORSCHE sucks a mean one. Here's why: