Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:54 PM
NeoRules
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid EBAY

Ok... so I got ripped on ebay like everyone else. Some dude with a %50 rating ran the bid up. I picked up the car and it was unsafe and had lots of undisclosed damage. Did the square trade thing and got zip. I will learn from this.....

I tried to resell the car but once I really dug into it I had to withdraw the auction so I wouldn't screw the next guy (or girl) over.
Enough said about that.

I now have some 944 parts up there myself for sale from a wreck....
Can anyone (or everyone LOL) PM me with names (or ID's) of the 944 parts scum out there? People who have ripped you or somebody you know off?

I really don't have the time or money to keep re-listing stuff because of a non paying bidder or a vapor bidder. I have noticed the same few users bid on almost everything and either never win, never pay, or have their bids removed.
This tells me that they either are sleaze ***** or they are vapor bidders created to drive up the auction price and then when the vapor bidder doesn't pay the second chance offer goes out at a greatly reduced price to the second chance bidder. (whom in my case I think was the same guy).

Any suggestions would be great....
Old 09-25-2006, 02:22 PM
h0rde
Intermediate

I listed a laptop computer on eBay last week and what I noticed was that the Nigerian scammers have gotten into auctions to rip people off. I started the auction at $450 and the winning bid was some jerk who bid $10,099, which is like 10x what the notebook is worth, and wanted to send me a cashier's check and have me end the auction early and send it to Nigeria. There were 7 bids on my item from several bidders, only one of which was legit. This is very discouraging because eBay is awesome and it'll be a shame if scammers and non-paying bidders bring it down.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:35 PM
NeoRules
Burning Brakes

Yeah it really bites hard.
I started to wonder what the hell was going on when everytime I bid on a car it would end up being won by somebody else and then shortly relisted due to nonpayment.
I got so fustrated and then poof I get worried that maybe the car is worth 3K and bid too high. Then I find out the number two guy has a zero rating with 50% negative.

Well as soon as my status is upgraded from USER to MEMBER I will post it in the Rennlist classifieds and hope that weeds out some trash LOL...
Old 09-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Wes-P
Instructor

I bought a 1984 Gold Porsche 944 N/A off ebay last year, pics looked decent, and the dude sounded very legit over the phone, but when it finally got here from Cali, it was a wreck, the front chin was bent to hell, and it was held on with chicken wire. The interior was two different colors, and the dash was cracked to hell. There were holes in the floor board under the carpet he had replaced, and all sorts of just nasty stuff he didnt tell me about. Unfortunately we ended the auction early without Ebay or paypal so there was no way i could get a refund on the 5k i just spent. One week after I bought it, the water pump went out, which then caused the head to blow.

He name was California 944.

He goes by the name Nur Nur Cummings...This guy is a real ****ing jerk-off. The bad thing is, is that he sells cars all the time through Ebay, and i can almost garauntee they are all in just as bad hidden shape as mine was.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:23 PM
SS S2
Instructor

If there are any Renn people out there that need help with a car in So Cal., I am offering to veiw the car, send you pics and an opinion for free...as long as the car is not too far away.

I freakin' hate that crap and don't want another Renn. person to have to deal with that. We gotta help each other out.

Steve
Old 09-25-2006, 03:33 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well i have a similar experience- sold a nice radiator from a car to an ebayer- and sent it to him- now he wants his money back because he says he is worried that he'll put it in and it'll leak! I told him it was from a running car, no leaks etc.. he says well its a big job pulling it all apart to install this one just to see if it leaks! If you were worried about it leaking then why would you buy it?!!!! Then he says i quoted less for shipping but i shipped it anyways for alittle more than quoted- i believe my exact words were "around" $20- but actuall shipping was 30. Now he is complaining about that- AFTER he paid for it and waited a week to recieve it and sat on it a few days. If you dont want used parts- dont buy used parts- and if your afraid it leaks, pressure test the damn thing!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:45 PM
daniel951
Race Car

i know what you guys mean by selling parts on ebay. But most of the time i have had good luck selling and buying stuff. There were only a couple of times i have sold stuff on ebay and people complained to me then i had to work out some kind of deal with them. if any members need something to look at in colorado near me i would be willing to check it out for ya
Old 09-26-2006, 04:27 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crud - I've got a growing pile of misc crap in my room I need to sell on ebay at some point, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. All this talk doesn't make me feel good about it though...

Hopefully since its all used car parts there shouldn't be any issues...
Old 09-26-2006, 09:17 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

now the guy refuses to even try the radiator in his car and is demanding his money back- I KNOW the radiator is good because we had it in rocks car for awhile then swapped to the turbo radiator- what should i do? Only thing supposedly wrong w/ the rad. is that its bowed slightly on the bottom he says- thing is i just spent all my paypal acct on car parts so now im taking money out of my pocket!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 AM
NeoRules
Burning Brakes

Tell the guy to put it back on ebay if he doesn't want it.
There is nothing wrong with it and he shouldn't have bought it if he didn't want or need it.
Used parts from a junkyard is different then used parts from an individual.
"There is nothing wrong with the part, have it pressure tested to be sure, so it is your part now"
JC
Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
now the guy refuses to even try the radiator in his car and is demanding his money back- I KNOW the radiator is good because we had it in rocks car for awhile then swapped to the turbo radiator- what should i do? Only thing supposedly wrong w/ the rad. is that its bowed slightly on the bottom he says- thing is i just spent all my paypal acct on car parts so now im taking money out of my pocket!
Tell him to go get bent. You know the part is good and it is his problem, not yours. He is the one that wanted a used part, and now changed his mind. You aren't Kmart with a generous return policy. You're an honest individual that (probably) sold it to him at a decent price and can't afford to take the hit because of his indecisiveness.

Tell him to list it on ebay and sell it to recoup his losses. It sounds like he needs to learn a lesson from the school of hard nocks.

Oh, and tell him, whoever he is, that I think he is a whiney bitch.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:30 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

well i refunded most of his money and he's sending it back now. anyone need a nice s2 radiator that has alittle warble in the middle but still is good?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:46 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

I threw the following language on at the end of my auction of the last car I sold on eBay, some of it I made up, other bits scrounged. You can use whatever bits of it you think will help you out:

THE DISCLAIMERS:

“This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle and to be satisfied as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs.”

By bidding on this item, you agree to all terms. You acknowledge that this vehicle is sold AS IS with no warrantees actual or implied. I have tried to describe it to the best of my ability, and put up photos from every angle. This vehicle has failed to start exactly once since we’ve owned it, and the new starter took care of that. It has been reliable and economical for us - however, that doesn’t mean that the second you buy it that it will ever start again, the wheels won’t fall off, the engine won’t spontaneously combust, or have an nuclear melt-down or something. Again, this is a used vehicle with NO WARRANT being sold AS IS. With that said, I personally would not hesitate to jump in the car and drive it across the country.

THE TERMS:

Bidders with less than 90% positive or less than 10 positive feedbacks must contact me before bidding; otherwise your bid will be declined. Winning bidder must place a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $300 U.S. within 72 hours of auction close, via PayPal or other mutually agreed upon method. The winning bidder must make payment IN FULL within 14 calendar days of the auction end and must agree to subsequently meet me at a Secretary of State office to transfer the title, or present their valid driver’s license so that I can record the buyer’s information. (Section 257.240 of the Michigan Vehicle Code requires a person who transfers their interest in a vehicle (sold, gave away, donated, or traded in, etc.) to either keep a “record of sale” or a copy of its reassigned title for at least 18 months or accompany the purchaser to the Secretary of State branch office to transfer the title). Please do yourself a favor and don’t bid if you think you might have any trouble getting the money or financing for the amount you bid

I will NOT finance the vehicle for you.

I will NOT accept payments from you while you drive the vehicle.

I will NOT hold the vehicle after 15 days while you try to get financing, or convince your Aunt Mary that you are really good for the money this time.

I will NOT let you have the title or the car before payment IN FULL is made.

I will NOT accept a cashier’s check for $6,000 and send the difference to you because you are the agent for a wealthy British businessman who must have the car shipped immediately to Bahrain but has already made out the check for $6,000.

Non-paying bidders will be reported to eBay and a certain unnamed Ninja hit-squad will make a night time appearance in your neighborhood.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:15 AM
NeoRules
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alordofchaos
Non-paying bidders will be reported to eBay and a certain unnamed Ninja hit-squad will make a night time appearance in your neighborhood.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 AM
SS S2
Instructor

Lord,

If I post my S2 on Ebay, you know I need to plagerize that ending!!!

Quick Reply: Stupid EBAY