Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very impressed with Witchhunter (Injector work)!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Bluesky4x4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very impressed with Witchhunter (Injector work)!

I sent my injectors out wed. I think he got them Friday. They were back in the mail Sat. I got them today. My car is still in pieces, but the injectors look 100 times cleaner and they went from 4.5 to .8 variance. Now, if I can just finish my belt job without trashing the head, I can put these clean injectors to use .
Old 08-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to hear it! I'll be doing this when I get a replacement DD...
Old 08-29-2006, 02:40 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 109 Posts

I've used Witchhunter 3 times now on the turbo, Q45, and BMW. Gordon is one of the best businessmen I have ever talked to. He values service and satisfaction and it shows in the results. His turnaround time is impressive and the results are well documented with the paperwork. I'm sure there are other great injector service companies but he has my vote for now.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:57 AM
sillbeer
Pro

Just a quick note: This is not a bash on witchhunter, just an FYI. I had some RX7 (FD) injectors cleaned a while back by witchhunter. I had heard nothing bad about them so I gave them a try. I had only used RC engineering previous to this. Once all the injectors were back in the car (2 days later) it would bog on boost. Found out the rear secondary injector was dead. These were pulled from the car the same week running fine. My advice would be to test fire each inector with a battery and make sure it still clicks. Again, this isnt a bash on this company and the injectors did have 145K miles on them so Im sure they were on their way out anyway.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also keep in mind, that IF you have an electirical problem with your wiring harness to those injectors, it will have NOTHING to do with the quality of re-work/CLEANING done by Witchhunter..... PERIOD.

I've had nothing but great experiences with Gordon. By the way, he worked for RC engineering in the past.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:03 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just out of curiosity, what's it cost to get 4 injectors serviced and what all is involved?
Old 08-30-2006, 01:03 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

60 bucks including return shipping - $15/ea.

My injectors came back looking new. As you can see the 15 bucks not only includes cleaning but new o rings and pintle cap. And no question the documentation is excellent. I thought I had a picture of the result sheet, but cannot find it now. Essentially they graph out the before and after flow charts and the variance between injectors before and after.

I would use them again without question, I had my injectors back within the same business week. The picture below shows my 4 injectors with 155K on them.

http://witchhunter.com/

Old 08-30-2006, 01:48 AM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

i had great luck with him also, and with granite944 (ken smith) when i was having injector issues
Old 08-30-2006, 01:51 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I need to get this done next time I pull my fuel rail, those look great.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:05 AM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

another satisfied customer
Old 08-30-2006, 03:52 PM
sillbeer
Pro

Originally Posted by Granite 944
Also keep in mind, that IF you have an electirical problem with your wiring harness to those injectors, it will have NOTHING to do with the quality of re-work/CLEANING done by Witchhunter..... PERIOD.

I've had nothing but great experiences with Gordon. By the way, he worked for RC engineering in the past.

You are correct sir. After I got the car put back together, It wasnt boosting. I had to tear it apart again due to the location of rx7 injectors. I removed all the injectors and tested them with battery power. All of them clicked except the one that was installed in the rear secondary. I swapped it out with another injector I had and it boosted like a champ. Again, these were high mileage injectors so I dont think it was Gordon's fault. Just make sure you test them when you get them back. Also,l both RC engineering and witchhunter say you should use the injectors within a set amount of time. Otherwise the cleaning solution can gum up and "freeze" the injector rendering it useless.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Had my injectors done by WitchHunter also. My only issue is the silver paint used has sorta 'browned' probably from the heat of the motor.

Other than that they are working great. I changed a bunch of things at the same time, but my fuel economy jumped another 5mpg when i changed the injectors, ISV, vac hoses under the intake and the DME temp sensor. I used to barely be able to get 350 miles on a full tank.. now i can do 400 and then some.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sillbeer
You are correct sir. After I got the car put back together, It wasnt boosting. I had to tear it apart again due to the location of rx7 injectors. I removed all the injectors and tested them with battery power. All of them clicked except the one that was installed in the rear secondary. I swapped it out with another injector I had and it boosted like a champ. Again, these were high mileage injectors so I dont think it was Gordon's fault. Just make sure you test them when you get them back. Also,l both RC engineering and witchhunter say you should use the injectors within a set amount of time. Otherwise the cleaning solution can gum up and "freeze" the injector rendering it useless.
I was just going thru a few older posts and saw this one.

I don't think what Gordon or RC meant was that the cleaning solution will "gum up", as much as I believe what they are all saying is that they will RUST up inside, due to the cleaning solution's cleaning ability, and the fact that these inards/screens are made of steel. I know Gordon shoots a little fine machine oil inside to help this situation from happening, but it still is only a short term thing, and he has told me about the "storage" issue regarding such. It all makes sense to me.........anyway!

Test them? Thats what these fellas do. Thats what ya pay 'em for. Sure, once in a "GREAT while" ***t happens, but, I doubt, you'll see this often, from either places.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Had my injectors done by WitchHunter also. My only issue is the silver paint used has sorta 'browned' probably from the heat of the motor..............

Well, again, I saw this,and had to put in my .002 cents here also.

The "silver paint" you see is NOT paint, its the color of the steel outer casing of the injector. Gordon doesn't "paint" them. This is what they look like after the intensive cleaning they get, and all the original paint has been removed durring such process.

The "sorta browned" color your seeing is RUST.

When you get these injectors back from any injector service, and they have this "silver" color to them, you should paint them, so they don't rust up. Otherwise, you'll have to pay more for the service of cleaning your injectors, per injector, for their labor to do such painting of them. I've painted all mine black myself prior to install, and the several I've installed, don't "sorta brown".
Old 10-19-2006, 01:00 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recommend CruzinPerformance http://www.cruzinperformance.com/ It was $57.40 shipped for 4. Same exact service/replacement as WitchHunter, except they come back repainted. I had the set in my 944 done and am very happy with the results. Car idles perfectly smooth, smooth power delivery all the way up. And good data provided.

Quick Reply: Very impressed with Witchhunter (Injector work)!