Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It Official New to the 951 world

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:54 PM
chitown928s4
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I had a busy weekend with "Isabel". I switched out the ugly recaros with my OEM seats, dynomatted the interior, replaced the rear section of the carpeting, fixed the horn(steering wheel wasnt making contact), put in a light bulb for the rear brake, fixed the hatch (motor was toasted PO had supplied a new one) and switched out the wipers. My NA is officially a parts cars. So if anyone needs stuff email me rgcs@earthlink.net.

Things I have to yet to do. Replace the nose panel (PO supplied new one)Check out howling noise(wheel bearings most likely). Pull out my headunit from my NA and transfer to 951 same with alarm. Take off side skirts and put on my 951. Swap rear turbo valance and fix the other. Put on reflector light (I like it). Replace speakers and the list goes on. Swap rear hatches NAs was tinted. So far shes starting to look like my old NA. I miss her.
My NA was still driveable and wednesday night I took her for a wash. Afterwards a Saturn pulled up next to me on the right and was either checking out the carnage or thinking he can take me at the light. So when the light changed I took off and left him behind. Her last hoorah if you will. I did end up driving her to her finall resting place in Woodlae where I had some final fun with her on the highway for about 45mins. Even with a big gapping hole in the back she was still fun to drive. I'm sad and I'm happy. But either car has made me smile and the stupid grin on my face when I hear the Turbo spool up is permanent.

Quick Reply: It Official New to the 951 world