Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NorCal fun run 8/26/06, drop your plans and make it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006 | 01:17 AM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

I was thinking about starting further north and doing this route going south to Mt Hamilton:

Pinehurst Rd
Redwood Rd
Palomares Rd
Niles Canyon Rd
Calaveras Rd
Felter Rd
Mt. Hamilton
Del Puerte Canyon Rd to I5
Del Puerte back to Mines Rd
Tesla Rd/Coral Hollow Rd
BBQ in Tracy
Old 08-19-2006 | 01:24 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Hmm... maybe we can all meet in livermore, run south to lick observatory then loop back for carne asada at Roger's. I'll have to look at a nice map first to see if there are enough good roads to make a loop. I'll see if I can buy one tomorrow.

The only dietary restrictions I have are:
1) I don't eat pork. Can't even eat a steak off a grill that was used to cook bacon unless it was cleaned. If this will be a problem then I can pack a sandwich - no problem, I'm used to it.
2) My bro is allergic to walnuts, but I like 'em.
3) We both hate avocados and guacamole. OK start flaming me.
Old 08-19-2006 | 01:43 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

I like Chris' route. A loop with Old Calaveras Road would work great for me as a meet up point. I drive that one all the time for work as a back way into Mission San Jose/Milpitas. Ending up at Rogers house puts us all about equal distance home and "What's your beef with avocados?" Avocados are God's green fruit here on the West Coast. LOL JK. My only problem is getting my car back together and doing struts, ball joints, and pads on the 83 the same weekend. The fronts are pure toast on the 83 to the point they are 'Serge944 bad'. I was hoping the inserts would come in today and do them tomorrow but it wasn't in the cards. I have to be road worthy by the 10th for the Skaggs Spring Run because my wife and I are continuing up Hwy. 1 for 5 days in the 951 for vacation.
Old 08-19-2006 | 09:34 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
The only dietary restrictions I have are:
1) I don't eat pork. Can't even eat a steak off a grill that was used to cook bacon unless it was cleaned. If this will be a problem then I can pack a sandwich - no problem, I'm used to it.
2) My bro is allergic to walnuts, but I like 'em.
3) We both hate avocados and guacamole. OK start flaming me.
WTF

Well no worries I have peanut butter and jelly. Just kidding. Im only having carne asada (no pork involved) but everyone is free to bring whatever they want.
Old 08-20-2006 | 02:14 AM
ckathens
Drifting

I'm in like Flynn..... Probably will be in the '83 and not the 951 since i'm not going to put all the intake and timing belt related parts back on until I get my shipment from Lindsey and replace all the vacuum and cooling hoses.
Old 08-20-2006 | 02:50 PM
froby944
Intermediate

I'd be interested in meeting up with some fellow enthusiasts next weekend,which I actually still have free. I've lived in the east bay for the last two years and have been wanting to go to some of these get togethers, but grad school has kept me pretty busy. I'll check back for final details, looking forward to it.
Old 08-20-2006 | 06:02 PM
959Lover
Racer

After long deliberation, I have decided to go as a passenger on this run. I will have opportunities to go as the driver once my bro is gone, and besides, I have to take some pics! Maybe I can pull off more great shots like the one in Arash's sig *hopefully*

And it was great that at that leg there was absolutely no traffic, making my life a little easier just sitting perched at the end of a left sweeper...
Old 08-20-2006 | 06:11 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Hmm... I'll have to get back to you guys.
Old 08-20-2006 | 10:23 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

It's not looking good for me at the moment. It's Sunday night and the interior is out of the car while I'm setting up a new sound sytem and soundproofing the sheetmetal. None of the wires are marked since the a$$hats broke into the car last August and stole the amps and cut all the wiring. Tie that in with the rear seat package tray project and a wife that thinks I've married a cranky German and you get the picture. Black interiors are a bitch, it's tough to see anything at night even with lights. Don't count me out yet, it all depends on what this next week is like. I really do want to make it.
Old 08-21-2006 | 01:11 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

we finished prepping the walls today with TSP (trisodium phosphate) and we just gotta spackle in some holes and we should be ready for paint during the week or something, maybe saturday if i get home early enough.

gonna weigh my options between crooked smog shop and actually getting the car to run right.

i just finished doing the brakes last night, and i'm stopping pretty good now, .

it's going in on tuesday to check if that ticking noise i hear is paranoia, lifter tick, or an injector or something.

but it looks like i'll make it.

do i need to bring anything?
Old 08-21-2006 | 02:09 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I was just about to get on and say "hey chris I thought you were making the route" then I saw he actually slipped in a post before I did. Now I'm gonna read all the other posts...
Old 08-21-2006 | 02:20 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by froby944
I'd be interested in meeting up with some fellow enthusiasts next weekend,which I actually still have free. I've lived in the east bay for the last two years and have been wanting to go to some of these get togethers, but grad school has kept me pretty busy. I'll check back for final details, looking forward to it.
New people are always welcome. Any pics of your ride?
Old 08-21-2006 | 02:21 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ckathens
I'm in like Flynn..... Probably will be in the '83 and not the 951 since i'm not going to put all the intake and timing belt related parts back on until I get my shipment from Lindsey and replace all the vacuum and cooling hoses.
Steve...its great to hear you might finally make one of these runs. Good seeing you at the Monterrey Historic races today.
Old 08-21-2006 | 02:22 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 959Lover
After long deliberation, I have decided to go as a passenger on this run. I will have opportunities to go as the driver once my bro is gone, and besides, I have to take some pics! Maybe I can pull off more great shots like the one in Arash's sig *hopefully*

And it was great that at that leg there was absolutely no traffic, making my life a little easier just sitting perched at the end of a left sweeper...
959Lover......you are officially designated "Run Photgrapher" and your only assignment is to get good actions shots of my p-car.
Old 08-21-2006 | 02:22 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
It's not looking good for me at the moment. It's Sunday night and the interior is out of the car while I'm setting up a new sound sytem and soundproofing the sheetmetal. None of the wires are marked since the a$$hats broke into the car last August and stole the amps and cut all the wiring. Tie that in with the rear seat package tray project and a wife that thinks I've married a cranky German and you get the picture. Black interiors are a bitch, it's tough to see anything at night even with lights. Don't count me out yet, it all depends on what this next week is like. I really do want to make it.
Your German?

Quick Reply: NorCal fun run 8/26/06, drop your plans and make it!