Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dan P (aka 944Fest) deserves his own thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:12 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dan P (aka 944Fest) deserves his own thread

I can't imagine the amount of work and preparation involved to pull this off. Dan's energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to 944Fest is remarkable and deserves recognition.

Everyone was made to feel welcome and I'm glad I had the opportunity to attend this year for the first time. I am sure there will be many more threads with pics and stories from the 944Fest, but Dan...this one's for you.

Dan P, THANK YOU!
Old 08-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hear Hear!!! At this time last year, we were unsure whether there would even be a 2006 944Fest, but old Dan outdid himself (again).

BTW, he may not get around to it for awhile, but for those of you who did not attend, he has some official 944Fest t shirts left and I know for a fact that he can only wear one at a time. This year's shirt is unique because it features the uber-rare guards red 944 on it. I know only a few of you actually own red cars, but it would still be a great shirt to have and I know it would help big Dan keep the books balanced if folks picked up a shirt or two. GREAT JOB DAN!! ... even without a Gator...
Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahahah! Dan P is the man! Once again he pulls off another fantastic show. To think, these all started as Dan just hanging out with some buddies, drinking some beers and buying dinner. Look where it is now! He pulled off another great one guys, if you missed it, thats too bad.

"If you didnt have fun well then, F*** you!" LOL!

Thanks again Dan P.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Der Rennwagen
Instructor

I'm glad you guys all liked the shirts. I had fun designing these this year (last year as well). Yaa, yaa, Guards Red what can I say. At least the illustration has all the goodies on it, euro rear bumper, AIR front splitter, trick phone dials (ala Club Sport look) and lowered nicely.

I wish that I could have made it out this year, but I always seem to be glued to my MacG5 designing. I sold my Club Sport look 944.1 recently and sported up new 2006 MINI Cooper S in it's place. My daughter out grew the rear seats... Fortunately the 944Fest meister himself has a Cooper S also.

Anyway, on with the photos guys! Someone please post a good photo of you guys wearing some of the shirts. I haven't seen the final product yet and only get to stare at the digital version for now... Dan?

ps I think that I need to buy another 944.

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
Hear Hear!!! At this time last year, we were unsure whether there would even be a 2006 944Fest, but old Dan outdid himself (again).

BTW, he may not get around to it for awhile, but for those of you who did not attend, he has some official 944Fest t shirts left and I know for a fact that he can only wear one at a time. This year's shirt is unique because it features the uber-rare guards red 944 on it. I know only a few of you actually own red cars, but it would still be a great shirt to have and I know it would help big Dan keep the books balanced if folks picked up a shirt or two. GREAT JOB DAN!! ... even without a Gator...
Old 08-06-2006, 02:16 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shirts looked amazing this year. Really, really good design. Bravo on those babies.

Dan, this one is for you... X1000000

Oh yeah, Shiners - thanks for carting my butt around during that final session! Real blast to feel the G's in a track prepped 951. That thing was fast!
Old 08-06-2006, 02:55 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

I don't think any of us can thank the man himself enough. Especially me. I am forever in debt to Dan P!! This man rocks and does anything and everything to make sure every single one of us had a fantastic time!

Did anyone hear how much money we collected to get him outta the hole? There had to be at least $500-$600 in that hat.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Bill Foster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan: If there are shirts left, I'd like to buy one even though I couldn't make it this year.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

What a great time. Having it at Nelson Ledges seemed the perfect mix of tracking running for track junkies such as myself, plus a great place to camp for the non-track guys. I had a great time giving rides to Wes ("you mean that was only a warm up lap?"), etc., and was lucky to have a great student in Mike1982. Its always a blast to give a rides to a first timer as well as having a first time student like Mike who gets it. I was also fun showing Cuz, Chip, and some of the other track guys new to Nelson the line - hope I get a little credit for getting Cuz up to speed quickly so he could win the best driver award - he can pedal the crap out of that beast he drives.

Plus we only had on *ahem* spin which is always a good thing - doesn't happen too often especially on a day where newbies are getting 2-1/2 hours of track time. Just goes to show what a god bunch of guys there where and how good of a job Dan and Winslow did at setting things up.

Hopefully we'll do it again next year and I will get my crap together and camp out - was bummed that I didn't this year.

Thanks again Dan,

Skip
Old 08-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Dr.Porsche
Rennlist Member

I'd be in for a shirt also!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

As a Newbie to the track, I would say the day was just about perfect. Brad was an awesome instructor who patiently guided me to undo 30+ years of bad driving habits. I wish I had video of my first and last laps of the day. What a difference and what a great experience. The S2 is now officially broken in!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:19 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 206 Likes on 134 Posts
Talking

Thanks guys, I sure appreciate the accolades. I think we're on to a good formula with Nelsons. The "pass the hat" trick brought home nearly $800. When I sell the rest of the shirts I'll be really close to having broke even, which is spectacular considering the 10K outlay. Give me a couple of days to sort out the debris in my truck and I'll decide a price with shipping, we can sell some more awesome T's.

I did get a LOT of help this year, and I really appreciate it. It was the first Fest in many years where I wasn't ready for admittance to the hospital after it was over. I had time to eat, rest, and relax a bit, while buddies ran errands, solved problems for me, and generally helped out at every turn. When you have a crew like this chipping in, it is an HONOR to be at the helm!
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2006, 11:23 PM
azmi951
Drifting

I had a blast!!!!!!! what good times.

Thanks Dan!!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:50 PM
caster951
Three Wheelin'

Yes, Dan, thanks to your help I was able to get my fuel from the back to the front of my car! I will be in touch after calling Lindsey tomorrow.
Shane
Old 08-06-2006, 11:55 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't attend, but I still feel like I had a great time there! Congratulations on a superb '06 944Fest Dan!! You are the man!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:16 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 206 Likes on 134 Posts

Heya Shane, I was glad to help, it works out nciely when the spare parts you have laying around are EXACTLY what someone needs. FWIW, the pump was not a Lindsey display item, I ordered it with the hop ups for my car but had not gotten around to putting it in. We did score a few crucial saves with our mechanically inclined participants!!

Quick Reply: Dan P (aka 944Fest) deserves his own thread