Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem is back again

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:31 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skene
No o2 sensor would mean you're running the WOT map all the time. This would be pretty rich durring partial throttle and could cause the hesitation?
Maybe, but the hesitation is independant of throttle position. Like it will hesitate partial throttle, or full throttle...

but at least i know what its doing now, maybe i shoudl get a new 02 sensor.

Originally Posted by orbix
As dumb as this may sound, have you checked the spark plugs? If you're running without an O2 sensor, the plugs are probably pretty gummed up from running rich all the time...
No, i have not checked the plugs, but in my quest to find the problem I'm sure I'll check them.

whats the usual A/F ration for these cars? is there a graph of it somewhere A/F Vs RPM?
Old 07-12-2006, 04:55 PM
jpk
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the vacume lines running to the fuel pressure regulator and damper. That sounds like what my car was doing. Turned out one of the old hard thin vacume lines was cracked (up underneath the manifold where I couldn't see it) and was causing the problem.
Also, according to FR Wilk's site, (http://frwilk.com/944dme) the O2 sensor in the early cars had little effect on the fuel mixture. It was just for "fine tuning" to meet emmissions specs. Without the input from the O2 sensor, the DME just relies on the air-fuel maps alone.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:16 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpk
Check the vacume lines running to the fuel pressure regulator and damper. That sounds like what my car was doing. Turned out one of the old hard thin vacume lines was cracked (up underneath the manifold where I couldn't see it) and was causing the problem.
Also, according to FR Wilk's site, (http://frwilk.com/944dme) the O2 sensor in the early cars had little effect on the fuel mixture. It was just for "fine tuning" to meet emmissions specs. Without the input from the O2 sensor, the DME just relies on the air-fuel maps alone.
the first time this happened we sprayed the ENTIRE engine with brake cleaner trying to get a rise in idle. Nothing ever happened so i assumed the vacume lines were good, but I'll look oever them again.

As for the 02, alright, then thats another thing to take off the list.

what about the injector harness? anyone had one of those go bad? the harness that controls the injectors?

Quick Reply: Problem is back again