Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice On New Shocks/Struts

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The rear shocks are almost a joke, they are incredibly simple to change. Take the tire off, you will spend more time trying to reach the top bolt than if you just took the tire off in the first place.

The front is indeed a bit more complicated. If you are just swapping a complete strut (with spring and strut mount) into the car.. its not to hard. Basically 4 bolts at the top strut tower and two bolts holding the strut housing to the spindle.

If you are rebuilding the struts.. i honestly dont know much about that. For my late 944 i bought modified strut housing so i didnt need to do the leg work myself. I dont even think you need to worry about that on your 924S.

Just make sure you get a good 4-wheel alignment afterwards!

I have the Koni Yellows on my car.. and they are pretty good. I have put about 20k miles on them and they seem to be getting a bit 'soft'. As in full stiff isnt as stiff as it used to be. Or maybe i just got used to it. The fronts are easy to adjust however the rears are sort of a 'set it and forget it' kinda deal. I set the rears at 3/4 stiff and havent touched them since i put them in.. i just adjust the front accordingly.

Quick Reply: Need Advice On New Shocks/Struts