Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much is my motor worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Swifty,go for it. You may have missed my post 944 LS1 but the short of is as follows. I was at Mosport a few weeks ago with PCA and was working the grid and noticed a red 944 turbo with a tall wing going like blazes and only it didn't sound like a 4. It was a LS1 worked up to 450+ hp in an 88. The car was found as a rolling chassis with big brakes. Speaking with the man it was apparent this is a pretty easy swap. I had my eyes on a derelict 86 turbo but I'm told the better chassis is the 87 or later, preferrably with M030. The car began as a street machine but now it has a full cage and will probably be only a track car. The owner strongly recommended anyone wanting to go this route should start with a stock engine and upgrade as required, except for the pistons as they have a tendancy to grenade.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:49 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i might go ahead and do the conversion later after all the bull**** with money is cleared up, theres no way in hell they are taking my car, or anything of value! i just talked with a financial advisor today, so im glad that happened at least. if all goes well ill be getting around 5k$ so i gotta try and hide that somewhere, but with all the friggin computers it will be hard. i wanna put it into my car, but the better looking it would get, will be a sure fire sign that "hey this dudes getting money from somewhere"
Old 06-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by SwiftyZenBadd
If i go ahead with this my car would be worth alot! so that would make it an asset, from which i could sell, right. the way the car sits now its worth nothing(checked kbb) due to high miles, odometer tampering,and the few problems it has. so they will overlooked it. After i pretty much restore the car and put all that money into it the state would sieze it! i have to have surgery and any assests i might have affect how much help i will recieve. sooooo this would be a very bad time to do this!
How do you figure that it will worth a lot? You will spend more in the conversrion that the car will ever be worth. If you spend $7000 and can only sell it for $5500, how's that make any financial sence? You need to set your priorities straight. Champagne dreams on beer money!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

if i told the gov i have no money and all of a sudden i start buying all this **** what the fvck do you think is gonna happen? re read my last post!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:12 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Enjoy the car for what it is. KBB is not very good in determining the value on these cars. If you wanted to sell the car its definately worth something to a 944 fan out there, possibly as a track car or a daily driver.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Cass944
Drifting

where the heck is galesville
Old 06-01-2006, 03:43 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

i tell ya what if push comes to shove ill sell that damn car b4 i let the state take it away. they still think i have my chevy tracker. Everytime i drive the car it kills my right arm, when i shift. Thats why im teachin my sister the shift patterns! so in preparation im selling all of my ****(thats worth anything) sold my two other cars, and trying to sell my stereo. non of this **** would be a problem but ive been in a battle with the state trying to get disability, so they want my whole life story practicly. and any assests to which i might have. bastards

Quick Reply: how much is my motor worth?