Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renntreffen, first "official" announcement!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boxdoc2
It's Sept. 22, 23, and 24. I know there are more from St. Louis coming. Do I hear caravan?

George, are you going to make the drive? Bring the 328 if you'd like!
Heck yeah, Kerry and I will be there. I've already got the time off from work. We'll be bringing the Bavarian interloper. Hopefully I'll have some time to do a little detailing to it before coming, but we'll be there.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:31 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! You won't regret it. I know I've been saying it, but it's a great time. When you have a second, please jump over to www.kcws.org and fill out the registration form. You'll find it at the top of the main page. Don't forget to make your reservations at Tan-Tar-A. We'll most likely be staying in the Estates part again. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:44 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Geo
We'll be bringing the Bavarian interloper.
If Anita's not well, I'll be bringing Emmy. Maybe renntreffen can reach out to the Bimmers
Old 08-11-2006, 10:24 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like we'll already have one there! And it's open to anyone! We're just looking for a fun getaway for the weekend! The more the merrier! You bringing Jello? Be sure to fill out the registration when you get a chance!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:48 AM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bumpity bump! Anyone else going to try to go? I can't eat all these jello shots by myself!!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:45 AM
NICK G.
Instructor

One month away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:42 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn, a month away. I guess I had better get the tech quiz finished and the trophy for it as well. Oh and my car that is now missing door panels...lol.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:50 AM
NICK G.
Instructor

29 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.k. It's better then BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:48 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

So Wade, Wes, Michele, you all in still? Reservations at Tan-Tar-A need to be made soon! $99/noc for similar accomodations to last year. I hope I have a kitchen again!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:47 AM
NICK G.
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wade B
Yep, it'll be here before we know it..........

I may have some of the Ohio contingent talked into coming out there this year......no absolute commitments yet, but folks in three additional cars at least thinking about it. It is really hard to describe to people how nice the area is and what a great time it is.

My brother just changed jobs, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to get time off to come back with me or not.

I haven't booked a room yet, but I flipped over to the KCWS forum and saw that some of you are already doing that. So maybe I'll just go ahead and do that too.

I saw that there was some consideration given to having a banquet room for the banquet on Saturday in case the turnout gets bigger? Might be a good idea...

It'll be good to see everyone again....and Nick, if you see this........I'll be bringing that beer paraphernalia for ya'!

Wade ,
You can guarantee that they will be well taken care of. I just got two glass display cases with locking glass for all my really important collectibles. Look forward to seeing all you guys again. 25 day bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick G.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:17 PM
mick944
Instructor

Default I will be in the Area!

I will(by coincedence) be at the L of O that weekend(staying at a friends-condo on the Niangua arm by Camdenton.What will be the schedule of activities and can I participate even though I would not actually be staying at Tan Tara?I don't have my 944 anymore but instead have a black 968 that my wife got me for my b-day.Need some info.Thanks.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:30 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Here you go! Hope to see you there. We have a mix of all porsches there, so stop on by!

Renntreffen 2006
September 22-24 at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO

Renntreffen is an annual event hosted by KCWS at Lake of the Ozarks - a gathering of Porsche's and other cars from around the area for a few days of fun. We hang out, have a car show, a cruise (last year we did a poker run), and some general good-natured fun, awards and door prizes at night. A tentative schedule of events is listed below. Most people stay at Tan-Tar-A Resort. This will be the 3rd year we have done it, and it just keeps getting better.

Kindly click here, and complete the Registration form if you plan to attend: http://www.kcws.org/form We look forward to seeing you there!

Rooms at Tan-Tar-A are $99 per night. Call 1-800-826-8272 for your room reservations, and tell them you are with the KC Wrenching Society/Renntreffen event.

Many thanks to our sponsors for making Rentreffen possible: Aristocrat Motors, Imagine Auto, Rennbay, www.rennlist.com, Tan-Tar-A Resort, and the Horny Toad.

Friday
ˇ Arrival and Check-in at hotel
ˇ 8 p.m. Dinner at Horny Toad (HH to 1225 Bittersweet Rd)

Saturday
ˇ 10 a.m. -12 p.m. Car Show at Horny Toad
ˇ 12-2 p.m. Lunch
ˇ 2-4:30 p.m. Ozarks Rally
ˇ 6 p.m. Group Photo at Tan-Tar-A
ˇ 7 p.m. Dinner and Awards at Tan-Tar-A
ˇ 10 p.m. After-hours Party and Jello Shot Competition

Sunday
ˇ Breakfast at Tan-Tar-A
Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mick944
I will(by coincedence) be at the L of O that weekend(staying at a friends-condo on the Niangua arm by Camdenton.What will be the schedule of activities and can I participate even though I would not actually be staying at Tan Tara?I don't have my 944 anymore but instead have a black 968 that my wife got me for my b-day.Need some info.Thanks.
You bet your a$$ you can participate! Most of the events will be at either The Horny Toad or at Tan-Tar-A. The Toad is toward the touristy part of Osage Beach. It's a little tricky to get to, so if you can't find the directions on the net, give us a shout. We'd be happy to meet you somewhere Friday night if you'd like and you can cruise with us to the Toad. That way you'll know where it's at for Saturday. Feel free to "register" and that way we'll know how many to plan on for dinner and what not. There's absolutely no cost other than your food and beverages. Look forward to meeting you!!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:34 PM
mick944
Instructor

Default Friday pm

Yeah,the guy I am visiting that weekend(wife will be in Chicago with her golf team) is an old college buddy that is the football at Camdenton(they have a game friday night that I am going to watch) but I think he said the after game party is at the Horny Toad(I will confirm).Either way,I will be up early Sat. and can cruise over TT and see whats up.I was going to cruise home(St.Louis area) sometime Sat.pm but will play that by ear(or beer).Thanks for the info and I will stay in touch so I know who I'm talking when I get face to face.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:57 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

A bit of chatter has been going on here, but it's gotten quiet! I need to make some dining reservations. If you haven't registered on KCWS.org, please do so asap so I can make the arrangements! Mick, you still going to be there?

Quick Reply: Renntreffen, first "official" announcement!