Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler post: Lift bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:13 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,263 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
+2.

This past off-season, I had a new suspension put in my car - it now sits almost 2 inches lower! My roofline is even with that of my friend's Miata. Last night, I was tanking up at a gas station and my wife notes, "Your car is really lowered - I mean that Mini next to us looks like a tall giant compared to your car!"

Now if you can come up with something that helps lift a lowered 944, I'd be interested.

-Z-man.
Z-man

The guys on the 928 board just bolted a few 2x4's together and drove their cars up on the 2 x 4's. Then it is easy enough to get the bar and lift under the car.

Damn, that thing must be low. I hope the 6/18 event doesn't get cancelled so I get to see all the improvements you did.

Did you hear that WHOOSH sound yet? No, it's not the sound of a turbo blow-off valve -- it's the sound of money leaving your wallet as you get to know your S2 better.
Now you tell me. Unfortunatly the sound it is making now is more like a sucking noise because the money is all gone already and I have yet to install the shocks and the sway bars are going to have to wait until next year.

The joys of owning a Porsche.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Anthony, when did you get the S2? Are you slowly collecting one of each?

I hope you are well.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,263 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Anthony, when did you get the S2? Are you slowly collecting one of each?

I hope you are well.
Yes, all is well thank you.

It is beginning to look that way. At least own one of each at one point in my life. Although at the rate the 356's are climbing in price I think it may have to stay with cars newer than 1965. I picked up the S2 about 3 weeks ago at a great price. Nice car good condition but it still has cost me the entrance fee in upgrades and minor issues. Was tired of beating up on the other cars which were not conducive to Cindy's and my needs for autocross and DE. Yes Cindy agreed to do DE if she doesn't have to worry about hurting the GTS. So down the slipper slope we go. Although by the time we are done this car should be good for another 100k miles. Picture of the new toy in early autocross dress.

Colin says your new car is a blast. I am looking forward to hearing more about it.

Sorry for the off topic.
Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2006, 01:35 PM
PorKen
Inventor
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 224 Posts
Default What ground clearance problem?

clic pic for craigslisting
Old 05-25-2006, 01:37 PM
PorKen
Inventor
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 224 Posts
Default Stand Bars

Since the 4-cyls (except the 968?) have a center jack point, and weigh less, the bars could be made much lighter and be lower profile than the 928 version. There would have to be different ends or attachments for different models, as the lift points change slightly, and become taller over the years?

Q: Do 924/944/etc sit higher for a while after you lift the car? Lowered cars too? (The 928 looks like a rally car after a lift, and it takes a good while before it settles.)

This is kinda what I had imagined:

Anthony,

After looking at the jack points in (this pic), I was thinking the 911's need lift bars too, but in SS or CF wrapped aluminum, of course.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobalt
Z-man

The guys on the 928 board just bolted a few 2x4's together and drove their cars up on the 2 x 4's. Then it is easy enough to get the bar and lift under the car.

Damn, that thing must be low. I hope the 6/18 event doesn't get cancelled so I get to see all the improvements you did...
I use 2 2x4's and still don't have enough clearance without lifting the car up a little by pulling up on the front or rear fender well. Yeah, it's that low. I'm going to have to build a set of mini-ramps. I wonder if THREE 2x4's will do it??

As for your upgrades - you better wait till next season. OR the season after next. Or longer. (Anything for me to have an advantage at AX! )

-Z.

Quick Reply: Feeler post: Lift bars