Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

west coast porsche gathering

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:52 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

son of a bitch!

how did i forget to register!?!!!!??!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY YI YI!!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:57 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

oooh! paypal!

i just signed up!

do i get a prize?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:49 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95Juan
oooh! paypal!

i just signed up!

do i get a prize?

Yes, you get to park next to Steve! . . .

. . . Sorry Steve
Old 05-16-2006, 11:50 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
If you try to organize anything on the west coast /snip/ Don't even think of using the word "fest" anywhere in the name of your event either or else Dan will threaten to sue you like he did with me. /snip/ I've pretty much accepted that the likelihood of a large event on the west coast is never going to happen and the venue for 944fest will likely never be changed from Ohio, so effectively half the 944s in the country are shut out. I guess that's just their way of saying we're not welcome - in not so many words.
WOW. Pop, I really hope you are joking. I can't believe what I'm reading here. I've never threatened to sue ANYBODY. I never said I own the word "FEST". If you are implying I should change my event that I have hosted in years past, at my home and nearby facilities, at great personal expense to some place 1500+ miles away just so some folks who live in Cali don't have a long drive, I am amazed. Maybe the world should rotate around SoCal. Whats the matter, isn't Ohio allowed to have any fun? I'm not like the PCA who hosts a traveling event to please all of their members. I'm just a guy who throws a party. I host a party for those who care to drive to it. Just because you live too far away, please don't cry that I should move it. Host your own show instead of complaining about mine. I've never said ANYONE wasn't welcome, don't put words in my mouth. This year we have folks traveling in from Australia. It is a simple decision of priorities. Just because your priorities won't let you make a too-long cross country drive for a party (a sane decision, by the way) that does not give you a reason to bash my event.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:33 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PHP Code:
Whats the matterisn't Ohio allowed to have any fun? 
Lighten up Dan, setting up a west coast event is exactly what is being discussed.. send a PM.

Here's an idea, skip all the mainstream BS and schedule a "fest" (weekend fun run) in central geographic area (Juan), on a schedule that works with the other west coast events (Sept-Oct), and build it starting with a core group of entheuastists (POP, you get socal recruiting). Hardcore folks will step up, and the event will grow each year.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

I nominate Vegas as a potential site and DFASTEST as host........I would certainly drive down for that.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:38 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Jeeze, LV in late summer??? Stay along the coast to keep the flava.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Does it have to be late summer?.........feel free to nominate a site......
Old 05-17-2006, 12:44 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Pick a couple of free weeks in between the other west coast events, and I guess the site is really secondary.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:45 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Originally Posted by ibkevin
PHP Code:
Whats the matterisn't Ohio allowed to have any fun? 
Lighten up Dan, setting up a west coast event is exactly what is being discussed.. send a PM.

I should lighten up when I'm be bashed, misquoted and insulted for being a leader who initiated an event that merits envy? I'm insulted that he implies we tell folks they are "not welcome" even though I spend huge amounts of time and money to welcome all who care to come. I've never read such bull**** words on Rennlist. Feel free to plan whatever event you want, power to ya, but when it comes to bashing me and my event I will NOT lighten up.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:52 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Like I say, take your defense to a PM, don't bash the thread.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:58 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Originally Posted by ibkevin
Like I say, take your defense to a PM, don't bash the thread.
If I am slandered in public, I certainly will defend myself in public.
If I PM him, the on thread joking about law suits, my perceived unwelcoming event, and posession of the word "fest" still go on.

I want all who read this thread to know what POP posted about me is pure BS!

On the lighter side, best of luck with the event, for it is a worthy cause and the fellowship shared there can be priceless.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
If I am slandered in public, I certainly will defend myself in public.
I agree with Dan here. Chill with the bashing binge Jeff. If people are taking things the wrong way when you say them, maybe think about rewording things a little before you hit that submit button. Unless of course you are saying what you truly feel?
Old 05-17-2006, 05:50 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

For the location of this proposed West Fest, I'd tend to suggest something a little more north than Las Vegas. I think Vegas would be a blast, and the drive over there is fun, but it's really far for people in Washington and Oregon. How about Lake Tahoe? That way it's a little closer for those people in the North West, and that place is gorgeous 365.24 days per year.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There IS only 0NE 944FEST. PERIOD.

True, there are No rights to "fest", simply a respect issue for a LOT of hard work by Dan and a weekend thats once a year that is near and dear to many many hearts.. For many of us it's the best weekend of our lives.

Hershey is a ball, so are many other gatherings I have been to. but 944fest is pure Rennlist. The reason, the comeraderie and the fellowship.

I encourage group gtg's, runs and gatherings- but out of respect, unless youve been to 944 fest you have no idea what it is. dont pimp it.

Quick Reply: west coast porsche gathering