Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebayer to avoid - EDIT: he responds

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebayer to avoid - EDIT: he responds

Heads up, this guy is buying lots of 944 parts and seems like hes not paying a lot of his auctions. His user name is: halowars1981
Cancel his bids if he bids on your ****. When he bid, his feedback wasn't as bad as it is now:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...=STRK:MESO:UFS
I emailed him and asked if he intended to pay, and he said yes he has purchased oveer 1500 in parts this past month and theose guys who left feedback are idiots. I havent heard a word after 4 emails sent in 5+ days.
He bid on my 944 crank, and got it for 81 plus shipping. I'll give it to anyone here for 75 plus shipping just so I can salvage the sale.
Eyal

Last edited by Eyal 951; 04-05-2006 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:05 PM
caster951
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He bought a k26 off of me 2 days ago and asked if I would ship it COD, and now is dragging his feet, not likely to pay, but said he would. He is also winning 2 more of my auctions as we speak.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

cancel his bids! Daniel951 on here has issues with him as well. Sucks that there is no recourse, and We are stuck with the ebay fees!
Old 04-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you all can file a group complaint, and get your fees back.

- Julie
Old 04-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

AND if you dare ever leave negative feedback, you know they're just going to do the same to you. The feedback system absolutely sucks ***** in that regard - totally subject to exploitation.

I recently lost a pair of sunglasses but found another pair I really liked on ebay - sold as NEW sunglasses (Oakley A-wires, typically retail for about $250 at Sunglasses Hut). I got 'em for about 100 bucks. When they showed up they had a minor scratch on the inside lens and were simply tossed into bubble wrap and stuffed into an envelope. I was kind of pissed off and called the guy out on it wondering WTF. Typically new Oakleys come with a carrying/cleaning bag and a warranty card/certificate of authenticity. Since he'd clearly sold these as "new" (and I have a printout of the auction to prove it), I was a little irritated and wanted him to explain himself before I left feedback one way or the other.

Needless to say the guy got indignant and gave me the usual crap about "you should have asked before you bid" (it's MY responsibility to ask whether a "new" item comes in "new" condition with the stuff new items of its type usually come with?), yada yada. . . Blah, blah, blah. Long story short the guy refused to honor his "100% satisfaction money-back guarantee" and wouldn't give me a reason that he didn't have the box, bag or warranty card. I suspect they were stolen goods, since I looked at his previous auctions and three of 'em were (guess what) Oakley sunglasses. Probably did a ******-n-grab on a local sunglasses store and just stuffed the display ones into a bag and ran. Ebay ****ers. I can't leave negative feedback either because of fear of retribution either.

Totally sucks.

Eyal, what you're doing is orders of magnitude more effective than the ebay feedback system could ever be. Thanks for that. At least here you can be honest without fear of reprisal. Only disadvantage as I see it is we only get to see one side of the story, but in this case (as with mine) it's pretty one-sided/black-and-white.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 PM
daniel951
Race Car

he he is a c**k sucker. i exchange many e-mail's back and forth after reporting him. He has sent alot of **** talking back to me. he also said that he already had another account for a back up cause i told him i hope they canceled his id. he never left me feedback because i don't believe he can after you go through the process of reporting him non paying then wait another 7 days to get your refund back then leave him negative feedback.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

One more reason to love Craigslist.

And you can find hookers on Craigslist too.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:54 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Originally Posted by caster944
He bought a k26 off of me 2 days ago and asked if I would ship it COD, and now is dragging his feet, not likely to pay, but said he would. He is also winning 2 more of my auctions as we speak.
cancel his bids he is a **** and probably will try screwing you over and not pay. I have had many bad ebayer's i can make a list so if you see them cancel their bids so they don't waste your time.

king6889
halowars1981
jerrywking1976
Probably all the same bastard
Old 04-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Someone should start a thread of ebayers to avoid so it's all in one place. I dunno how one would validate the claims though - I guess it'd have to be kind of a Rennlist honor system or something though.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Porsche-O-Phile]AND if you dare ever leave negative feedback, you know they're just going to do the same to you. The feedback system absolutely sucks ***** in that regard - totally subject to exploitation.

You have 90 days to leave feedback. It's difficult to remember, but wait until the last day to leave feedback - then the bum can't nail you because the time limit expired!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:45 AM
spedracer18
Racer

^^ What he said, have done it many a time...

The best way to tell the truth without worrying about the reprocussions
Old 04-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Good to know. 90 days will be coming up next month. Good show.

Now if only there were a "feedback sniper" program like they have for bids that allows your negative feedback to be placed with like five seconds to go before the time limit runs out, bonus.

Only thing about it is even if you leave the - feedback, the perp. will be operating under a new account/different name within a week. Like I said, unfortunately the feedback system is flawed. The only REAL way to fix it would be for ebay to offer (as part of the justification for their fees) independant investigation, enforcement and reporting on scammers/deadbeats.

Given the litigious nature of our society and increase overhead though, it'll never happen. Back to good ole "caveat emptor" I guess. Latin for "eventually you too will get f*cked".
Old 04-05-2006, 01:55 AM
daniel951
Race Car

i am actually surprised all the guys that i gave negative feedback too didn't leave anything for me
Old 04-05-2006, 03:15 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I suspected right, here is our Gem himself:

fuch you for being rude snd **** your $10,i just bought $18500 1986 944 turbo pca racer with 535 hoursepower and i and i unsubscrubed from ebay,i also found a couple of places that will hip cod
so hsve a nice day!
john
ih yeah all tou had to do was show a little trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My response to this may have been a tad over the top, but it makes me feel better, and he'll probably take it very personally:

18500 on a 944, ooooh big daddy knows where to put his money. You're an idiot. I was not rude whatsoever. I think you need to figure out what object is in your ***, and try and have it removed. good luck with that peice of **** 944 race car, I'll go put 18500 into investments and turn it into 100K, and I'll still own you around the track in my civic.
BTW, we never discussed "hiping" cod, that was probably someone else you ****ed over. You enjoy your worthless life, try not to stay too poor, don't forget to pay the loan sharks for that super neato 20 year old race car!
P.S. You may want to revisit 5th grade grammer school, either you failed out, or have yet to finish. Show trust? I'm sorry, I have an issue with showing trust towards the classless and self impoverished.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

EDIT: on second though, Iwill delete his info and just let it go.

Last edited by Eyal 951; 04-05-2006 at 04:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Ebayer to avoid - EDIT: he responds