Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody dealt with Auto Tech Plus lately?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:08 PM
spieln
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody dealt with Auto Tech Plus lately?

I supposedly purchased a hood for a 968 from these people that was supposed to be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Has not shown up yet. Now I have not been able to get anybody to answer the telephone for the past few days. Anybody talked with them lately? This is the salavge yard in Smithfield, PA. I have been dealing with Bill Martin.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:34 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've dealt with ATP before, they're a legit group. I've purchased parts in person and had them pull the motor on my 951 before I towed it home to do the work myself.

I'd be suprised if Bill was scamming you, give him another few days.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
spieln
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the comments. My only problem is that my car goes to the body shop on Monday for a total repaint and I need the hood. If I do not hear from him soon, I will have to assume he did not ship it and buy anther one from somebody else. Doesn't make sense though why he would not ship it if he had one to sell. I can dispute the charge on my credit card if it never arrives.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Buckaroo Banzi
Racer

Originally Posted by spieln
I supposedly purchased a hood for a 968 from these people that was supposed to be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Has not shown up yet. Now I have not been able to get anybody to answer the telephone for the past few days. Anybody talked with them lately? This is the salavge yard in Smithfield, PA. I have been dealing with Bill Martin.
I purchased a motor from Mr. Martin and it turned out he flat *** lied to me.
The motor turned out to be complete utter JUNK! ...

No BS Martin will try to scam you so be carefull..
Old 03-10-2006, 01:39 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

i had no problems with them
Old 03-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

The only problem that I had with them was that they were slow. It took a long time to get the parts I needed. My guess is that they aren't scamming you, just that they are slow. Still, if they told you you'd have the hood by a certain day and you need it by that day, if it doesn't arrive, order a new one and dispute payment.

In my experiences thay are honest, but that's not an excuse for not delivering if they specified a delivery date.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:21 PM
spieln
Rennlist Member

Well one thing they are not slow about is getting paid. They actually charged my credit card 2 weeks ago when we finished up the deal. If I do not hear from him today, I will probably buy a hood from someone else. I have already found another at a better price but it is not the color that I preferred.

Trending Topics

Old 03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
spieln
Rennlist Member

Wanted to set the record straight. Bill called today reporting that he was out of town the end of last week. He apologize about the delay in getting back to me. Hood was shipped but now trucking company is delivering it back to him tomorrow because they damaged it. Not sure if the hood is damaged but the packaging crate definitely is. I guess I find out tomorrow if I am back in the market for another hood.

Quick Reply: Anybody dealt with Auto Tech Plus lately?