Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wash product review...Magic Wash 4 Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car wash product review...Magic Wash 4 Porsches

Yes, this is the stuff that Brian (a.k.a. Beeg) has imported. He sent me 2 large containers, and all of you who asked for a sample, I'll portion it up and ship it out to you asap.

Anyway, this promised to do a car wash with a bucket of water and a spray bottle of this stuff, in 15 minutes, scratch free, etc. etc.

The product did AS PROMISED. The stuff is incredible! I tested it on Dad's BMW with promises that in the event it scratched or swirled the car, I'd polish it out. No need, as there were no scratches or swirls evident after usage. However, the car was INCREDIBLY dirty... so I went through 5 buckets of water. but you spray Magic wash onto the car, you can see the dirt start to disolve away. wipe it with a damp chamois, and it's clean. SPOTLESS.

I give this stuff my recommendation. It definately did as promised, with flying colors. incredible.

However... I'm the type of "theraputic" car wash guy. I do it every weekend I can to relax. I enjoy getting out the hose, using the wash mit, etc. etc. I hate cleanup afterward, but that's how I enjoy washing my car. This stuff, the cleanup involves hanging the bottle on your chemicals rack, dumping out the bucket, and putting your chamois away.

Would I use the product again?
Definatley. 100%.
Would I use it every time?
Probably not... I like long carwashes. I will when the watering restrictions are put back into effect come summer.

But, I definately would use it say, if I were going on a road trip to California, and wanted my car clean on the road, or say, if I was doing a canyon run, saw something gorgeous I wanted to take a pic of, and my car was dirty. I'd give her a quick bath, then do a photo shoot.

As for now, no photos of the work. But, that'll come soon, as I'm doing a friend's 944 in the next couple days with it, and you'll be able to tell a HUGE difference.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't get it. You spray this cleaner on, and wipe the dirt off with a towel--then rinse the towel, and do it again? Aren't you rubbing the dirt into the paint? Wouldn't the towel get filthy?
Old 02-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

spray it on, with a damp chamois wipe it off, dunk the chamois into water to get the dirt off, repeat. this stuff is a lubricant that surrounds the dirt, and therefore you're not rubbing it into the paint. I was aprehensive at first too, but it actually works, and damn well too.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:30 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it's a lubricant, does it leave a film?
Old 02-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

no film. this stuff is all natural and Ph neutral, so it won't hurt the paint, nor will it leave a film. there are comperable products on the market that have a petroleum base, but those leave a film, can't be used on glass, etc. etc. This stuff, I used on glass, worked perfectly.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:49 PM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
IMB951
Drifting

pics!?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:33 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

I'm curious because I'm on the 'try it' list. I've used waterless Dri Wash N' Guard for years with great results. I still wash the car first because I a doubter. I know that I can use the California Duster on the car and remove the dust easily and then have a damp towel and a buff towel to get the bugs of in between the infrequent washings . The Dri Wash has become too expensive and Rejex is a similar straight polymer I will also try. I'm looking forward to trying the Magic product myself.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Ok. I also washed my Porsche... it was slightly dirty. on the fresh paint (not TOO fresh... but ya know) it left no swirls. on the rest of the car, no swirls. it did well. I'm becoming a fan more and more.

for you on the try it list, it'll probably be next weekend before I get them out to you.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

What is actually in this stuff? DOes it have a list of ingredients? I remember at a small car show in Payson, some guy had something similar. It worked amazingly! Then I read the bottle. Pretty much it was rubbing alcohol. I was pissed off after that. I prefer my trusty bucket and hose.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good clean sponge and soap at your side, kid.

Seriously, why reinvent the wheel? Clean sponge, soap, bucket, hose and chamois. Maybe its just because the paint on my car sucks..but even if it was a new car, i dont think i would treat it any differently.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:09 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

SilverBean, I have no idea. It's no rubbing alcohol, that's for sure. I know it's Ph Neutral, has either very little or no odor (I have a bit of a cold right now, so my sniffer isn't 100%), it's all natural, biodegradable, and water soluble.

Jon, Colorado has watering restrictions... can't wash a car except before 10:00 AM or after 6:00 PM on 2 days of the week. it's rough. I'm running a detailing business, and it's impossible without being able to use water... This cuts it down to well, a bucket, which is fine by denver water. Many other places have watering restrictions as well. I'm sure there are many other reasons, but that's why I'm using it.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:58 AM
Swagger93
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good clean sponge and soap at your side, kid.

Seriously, why reinvent the wheel? Clean sponge, soap, bucket, hose and chamois. Maybe its just because the paint on my car sucks..but even if it was a new car, i dont think i would treat it any differently.
Sometimes things are done just in the name of progress. Electronic assist steering.........
Old 02-13-2006, 06:51 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Geoff
Thanks mate.
Dare I say, 'I told you so!'
Geez, I didnt think Rob would let you try it on his car!
To the doubters.
There are many 'waterless' and 'biodegradable' car washes on the market. The question at the end of the day is: "Can you drink it?" With Magic Wash the answer is YES!!!!!!!
If you decide to wash your car in the middle of the sesert and run out of drinking water then just drink the car wash!
It has taken a lot of my car care fun away as well, but at least I still get to wax!
I have no idea what is in it besides very pure water. There are patents pending and the inventor is very protective.
There are posts by other testers on some of the other forums. Dont just rely on the detailer from Denver, tho he's such a nice guy, check the others out.
Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 08:37 AM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't understand how you can call this stuff "waterless" if this guy used 5 buckets of the stuff to clean his chamois! Even when my car is filthy I've never needed more than 2 buckets of water to clean her the conventional way.

It just seems to use more water than doing it the old fashioned way.

Quick Reply: Car wash product review...Magic Wash 4 Porsches