Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a door panel off that can check something for me...???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a door panel off that can check something for me...???

...my driver door- after it stops at the midpoint, it pops really loudly- the piece that hooks into the door about midway & catches it to keep it from opening too far is what I'm looking at- it mounts to the forward frame of the car w/two star-shaped type bolts- when the door goes past the midpoint, it slips slightly- is this a specially sized tool or something? What do I need to tighten this? It's not that loose, but, on the other side- if you look at it from the backside, through the holes, you will see two bolts that stick out- ok, this side is pretty loose- it's much more noticeable when moving the door past the middle stop- well, there are no nuts or anything on the ends of those bolts- should there be, or, is it attached inside the little metal box somehow? I'm assuming it's not supposed to be loose? Last question- t he driver side has a stop about midway- I'm not noticing one on the passenger side- should there be one?

thanks a lot,
Old 02-04-2006, 10:51 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Around 6pm tonight I can take a look if thats not too late. The door panel is off in the red car and I can take a look/snap a pic
Old 02-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot Mike... I'm not really sure if a pic would work, but if you don't mind trying... it's just such a small piece that it might be tough to show up... I'm sending you a PM w/my e-mail addy...

thanks
Old 02-04-2006, 12:02 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Robby,
I just looked on mine, there are no nuts on those two bolts. The bolts must go through a threaded section on the metal box piece.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:08 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need a 6mm Triple Square bit or a Star bit size T-30 will work in a pinch, I can loan you one or they have them at the parts store.

Both doors should have a middle stop, my drivers side does not and it needs replacing.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

thanks a lot guys....
\
Shiners- does the thing move at all inside the door when you open it all the way out?

David- that's funny... my passenger side feels fine & is smooth & quiet, etc... it just goes all the way open nice & smoothly... hmmmm... maybe I'll replace both then- getting into stereo stuff & plan to cover the door w/dyna-mat type stuff... I want it to all be done before I seal it up.... Ive got at least a week before I'd even have the new parts here... was just thinking that tightening it up might help a little, but probably not... I'll go price the tools & see what I come up with...

thanks again everyone...
Old 02-04-2006, 02:58 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robby
Shiners- does the thing move at all inside the door when you open it all the way out?
No, it's solid.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a door panel off that can check something for me...???