Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- What should I do about this little problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 07:13 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by icat
Read your own posts very very carefully. Oh, here's some Christmas gifts for you.

I once met a mean grouchy old fellow at the train station who appeared to be very grumpy indeed. He stroked his beard on his chin and paced back and forth as he looked up the track for the noon train into town.

Curious, I approached him cautiously asking, "Is everything alright? The train is always late you know. And besides, the train is ...." and he just looked at me and told me flat out to mind my own business. Then, he called me a few choice names and continued pacing back and forth scratching his beard looking aggitated up the track. I was going to tell him that he was looking in the wrong direction, but I didn't care for that look he gave me so I didn't.

A few minutes later, the train arrived at the station coming from the opposite direction. Man, was he ever surprised. He took a step back and I thought he was going to pull that beard off his face.

We got on the train. He sat next to me and across was an older lady about 70 or so, and a young woman of 25. The three of us had somewhat of a nice conversation because the grumpy old grouch didn't want to be bothered and he also made several rude statements. The train started to go through a tunnel and everything went dark.

We sat in complete darkness and total silence, until the sound of a distinct kiss broke the silence; following the kiss a loud slap could be heard throughout the cabin.

In the ensuing period of silence we sat quietly with their own thoughts.

The older lady was thinking, 'Isn’t it wonderful that even in this permissive day and age there are still young women who have a little self-respect and dignity?'

The young woman, shaking her head and greatly puzzled, asked herself, 'Why in the world would any man in his right mind want to kiss an old fossil like that when I’m sitting here?'

The nervous grouch, rubbing his sore face and beard, was outraged that any woman could ever think that a man in his position would try to sneak a kiss in the dark.

And me, grinning from ear to ear, was thinking, 'What a crazy and mixed up world this is when I can kiss the back of my hand and then smack this grouch in the face and get away with it!'

The Moral: Grouchy or grumpy around other folks ain't good! You never know when you'll find yourself in the dark and someone is bound to get even.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:23 AM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story.

Big and Nasty.... regarding driving skill. I'm 32, and have been driving since 16. I'm man enough to admit that I don't have half the skillz required to get everything I could get out of these cars. Until you realize that you'll end up here eventually trying to figure out how to repair body damage, etc.

Regarding being a young hot head. I was the same way when I was 15, 16, 17 etc. Someone egged my car as well and I was {----} this close to dumping a barrel of glass from the hardware store in his gravel driveway (can you imagine how long that would take to clean up?) I let it go. I eventually went to college and made something of myself. The other guy? Who cares what he's doing now.

If you're smart enough to know that everyone has done something dumb when they are 15, you're smart enough to not do it. Then again, when asking for advice, it's not nice to lash out when you don't get the "advice" you wanted.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNNasty
I don't think any of you get it...

It wont stop. Thats how little punk kids in my town are. You let them keep getting away with it, and they'll keep doing it. Each time they do it, they'll up the ante a little, and do something worse then before. Ignoring them is not the way to go about this, that's what IS going to make it worse. They need to know what they are doing is messed up, and not right.

I need a way to solve the problem. I'm not suggesting you say I beat their ***, but encouraging me to do something besides ignoring vandalism is what you should do.
Lemme get this straight, you are 15, and there are little punk kids in your town.
so if you at 15 are BigNNasty, and they are LittleNPunks, exacty who are you gonna open the can of whoopass on? a nine year old?

Yep, and make sure you give him a roeshambeau

Was it Stan or Kyle that glued the penny to your window? I bet you beat Kenny real good for that, but my money is on cartman for the eggs.

And happy holidays to you.

Luis: I think this post sums up your question earlier in the week. At least we argued over the merits of cars.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:42 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

You all are still missing the point, while the advice you are giving is good. As much as I want to just forget this ever happened, I can't. I HAVE to be worried it's going to happen again. I don't want it to happen again.

And Punks in my town could be anywhere from 13-17.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:00 PM
my84-944
Racer

Look, everyone here made it really clear what they thought. If you are looking to have someone pop on and help you justify acts of revenge on people who may or may not be involved than you are wasting your time. Kid, there is nothing for us to "get". You may as well be speaking Chineese to Greeks, we are not in your "place".
As for growing up: I will be sure and look into that, maybe I forgot to "grow-up" while serving the country before you were even born.
Good news is that there will always be some one tougher and meaner than you so if you are going to step in to a world where "practical jokes" escalate to the big boy world of real violence, you had better smarten up. I mean is it smart to post this on a public forum? All the authorities would have to do is look at your computer and bam you are sank. You do know that one of the first things Police do in a case of violence is seize the suspect’s computer, right?
Tootles...
Old 12-26-2005, 04:18 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

There's ways around that. I do know what I'd have to do to clean myself on this computer, considering I spend quite a bit of time on here. Bigger and Tougher then me? I got people bigger and tougher then them. Evere Ending battle. That authoritie comment was stupid. Anybody whose on a computer long enough can get rid of any evidence fast. Ever heard of reformat? Hmm...
Old 12-26-2005, 04:18 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Do NOT drive under age. I did it when I was 14 (with my 280ZX) and I am lucky as hell I'm not in a world of **** now. No matter how "good" your driving abilities may seem to you, you probably suck. I used to think I was good, even now almost 4 years later I still would say I "suck" compared to say someone with more maturity (and I know how us guys are when we are 15.) Also - you get pulled over..cars impounded, you get a ****load of big tickets, and your lucky to have your license when you turn 18. If you get into an accident...I bet your parents will wish they never had you.

Not trying to be a dick, I just want anyone to underestimate the mistake they are making driving around like that.

PS: also, if your car got egged and hit multiple times they aren't doing it randomly. They are going for you....now...why would they go for you? I'm still of the age to do that stuff rarely (actually, havent in probably a year) and anyone we did hit was becasue they are ********, or do dumb **** driving. Guess who they are? The 16 year old kids and kids with fresh licenses.....no even 15 year olds!

anyway, good luck on catchin the kids
Old 12-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

You all are still missing the point, while the advice you are giving is good. As much as I want to just forget this ever happened, I can't. I HAVE to be worried it's going to happen again. I don't want it to happen again.

And Punks in my town could be anywhere from 13-17.
Maybe Im just a dumb old man, maybe not.

If the age of these "punks" is 13-17 and you are 15, you are the mean and median age of the punks.

So if my old and lame brain is not failing i need clarification as to what differentiates you from these punks. Yes it will happen again, and you should have thought about it before you were a "punk" just like the other punks and did some revenge to the possible suspects.

Lets talk about your term "possible suspects" punk. you did something to people that "possible" or may have been "suspects" possibly the ones that did it. so you did revenge as you call it on people that may have been the people that may have glued a penny to your window.

Want advice? Well here it is punk. stop being a punk. if you live long enough to grow out of your punk stage punk, and start respecting the law from a driving and behavioral aspect, your life may go smoother. ok punk.

yeah i called you a punk, punk. because there is no difference between you and the people you antagonized, that retaliated against you, that you want to retaliate against. OK punk.

So stop your and grow the F up.

And post your crap on a crap board. If you want to stroke one off to the thought of owning a porsche so be it. But if you end up owning one, and need help, don't forget the old sayings. Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, they are the same ones you will meet on the way down, and don't burn your bridges behind you. You are insulting a lot of people you WILL need help from if you live long enough to buy a 944.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:33 PM
my84-944
Racer

There's ways around that. I do know what I'd have to do to clean myself on this computer, considering I spend quite a bit of time on here. Bigger and Tougher then me? I got people bigger and tougher then them. Evere Ending battle. That authoritie comment was stupid. Anybody whose on a computer long enough can get rid of any evidence fast. Ever heard of reformat? Hmm...
You gonna reformat the rennlist server? Do you think that all of this information only shows on your computer?
The comment about I got bigger than them makes it apparent that you think you are some sort of thug. Well I am sorry but like I said. NO ONE HERE WILL SUPPORT YOU IN THIS.
Look I know you are 15 and have a lot of experience in all things, so you are no doubt smarter and more cunning than all of us "older guys", so maybe you are right. Go kick their asses and learn them a lesson. Just make sure you don't **** of one of their dads. He might be a crazy vet of something...

I think it is time to let this (this post) go Bignnasty, don't you?
Old 12-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm......

I can help. Give me the number to the police where you live. Give me the information of exactly where you drove to that the problems occured. Also, be sure to give me your full name and address. I'll call the police for you.

Now, for my question.....

If your little can of woopass doesn't work, what are you going to do? Are you going to buy an AK-47 and theach those little bastards a lesson?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

1) Pay your $18 so you can still read this thread when it's moved to OT.

2) You will never be able to keep anything nice if you vandalize other people's stuff. You said "I did some revenge to possible suspects..." which probably means some of them were innocent, and now you have several people pissed at you, some of whom have every reason to be. Enjoy.

-Joel.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:35 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Now I know why older people talk down about my generation. It's even deservedly so, on occasion.

Don't get a 944, it's as simple as that. I don't take mine to areas of the local city where it's likely that it will be vandalized or stolen. If you created an environment like that, it's YOUR fault and YOUR problem. Accept it. Either get a 944 that isn't in great shape (and sell parts off what's left of it to us in a few months), or don't get one at all.

BTW, I'm 18, coming up on 3 years and well over 30k miles of legal driving experience in every weather, and I've been in a minor accident. 5 mph, bumper to bumper when I was looking at the other lane of traffic. I considered myself a good driver before, but now I want to improve and I know there's room for it. Stuff happens to anybody and everybody. You're not above it.

"An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind."
Old 12-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, guys, this thread is probably 90 % BS. Don't waste your time offering advice to someone who clearly doesn't want it.

I thought he sounded like an immature hot-head close to the beginning, and he's confirmed it a number of times.

Sounds like his mom has his number, good luck to her. His name says it all. But maybe it should be little 'n nasty.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

...and my dad can beat up your dad. Sure go ahead, kick so ***. Please just make sure that one of your "boys" has the video cam running so we can all see it and get a good laugh. So someone glued a penny to your window, big deal get some mineral spirits and take it off. As for you being an enthusiast, there is nothing wrong with that, and we'd even welcome you at an event. Please stop acting your age. If you are worried about vandalism, don't get a nice car.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:19 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I don't know about you guys, but I am totally with BigNNasty on this one!

I mean, when I was 15 years old I was the best driver in the world AND the toughest guy on the entire internet.

BigNNasty, just incase you can't pick up the sarcasm through my keystrokes; consider this your one and only warning. Please do not start off topic threads in the technical section. That is what Off-Topic is for.

Quick Reply: OT- What should I do about this little problem?