Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

floor mat question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:43 AM
packrat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default floor mat question

I have a '88 944 N/A black with a black interior and would like to buy floor mats. Are these any good and what color embroidering was the stock black floor mats? Or, is there another source for mats?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTO...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks
Old 12-06-2005, 04:11 AM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

I don't have a set, but I've only heard great things about the Lloyd's mats. I think my factory mats had a white-ish lettering. I don't know if they were off-white because they were old, or if they came that way. The word "Porsche" wasn't embroidered on mine, I think it was dyed in place.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:18 AM
formerGMguy
Racer

I bought mats from a Lloyd's dealer earlier this summer and I love them. Make sure you do some looking around though, differant dealers offer differant quality weights (in oz/sqft) and some offer a larger variety of embroidery. I'm not at home, so I can't tell you exactly what site I bought mine from, but it was around $290 for emboidered fronts, plain rears, and an embroidered cargo mat. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal, and given the quality I'd definitly buy again.

My only complaint is that the drivers side mat doesn't have an offshoot for the dead pedal like the factory mats, other than that I love them.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go for the Llyods floor mats also. I bought a set for $150 about and had "Porsche" stiched in the center. They look great.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Charlotte944
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had Lloyds mats in my old '84, and I just put a set of Lloyds mats (including a cargo area mat) into my 951. They are top quality, but you need to be careful of how they fit under the seat runners/rails.

Before you go with the eBay vendor, give Performace Products a call at 1-800-423-3173.

Here are some picts of my new mats:
Attached Images   
Old 12-07-2005, 04:41 AM
packrat
Advanced

thanks, I'll check around for Lloyd's
Old 12-07-2005, 10:55 AM
lilredpo
Pro

My 44's black on black as well. I went with black with black embrod factory OEM mats from Performance Products when they had a 20% off sale.

Good quality and came with factory hardware to secure.

I was a little disappointed that the embrod doesn't show as much as I thought, but it is very classy. Red, silver or gray might look too, dare I say, rice.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Good luck.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:16 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by formerGMguy
I bought mats from a Lloyd's dealer earlier this summer and I love them. Make sure you do some looking around though, differant dealers offer differant quality weights (in oz/sqft) and some offer a larger variety of embroidery. I'm not at home, so I can't tell you exactly what site I bought mine from, but it was around $290 for emboidered fronts, plain rears, and an embroidered cargo mat. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal, and given the quality I'd definitly buy again.

My only complaint is that the drivers side mat doesn't have an offshoot for the dead pedal like the factory mats, other than that I love them.
Interesting - I noticed a difference between my mats in my '89 951 and my brothers new Lloyd mats in his 911 cab. Mine are much thicker and appear higher quality than his. Didn't know you could order different weights (oz/sq. ft.)

Thanks for the info!

Cory

PS - I was just in Grand Rapids this last weekend ;-)
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
simmomi
Pro

Originally Posted by GOBOGIE
Interesting - I noticed a difference between my mats in my '89 951 and my brothers new Lloyd mats in his 911 cab. Mine are much thicker and appear higher quality than his. Didn't know you could order different weights (oz/sq. ft.)

Thanks for the info!

Cory
Cory,
With your mats, have you noticed any problem with the mats getting caught by the seat rails when sliding the driver seat forward?

I'd be curious to know...I have what I believe are the "lower pyle" Lloyd's mat in my car, and I really like them. But, I plan on swapping out my interior from tan to black, so I will be ordering new mats soon. I may go with the thicker ones if they do not cause any problems with the seat rails.

Thanks...
Old 03-08-2006, 03:31 PM
eohrnberger
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

I just put some Lloyd mats in my S2, and they look exactly like the OEMs that were there. They feel like a good quality mat. The only issue I had was that the little click clips that they put on the mats to tie the rear of the mat to the seat rails were very hard to seat and make 'click'.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

buy Lloyds, nothing else...
Old 03-09-2006, 12:13 AM
devilsfan
7th Gear

I noticed that my OEM floor drivers side floor mat keeps creeping up to the pedals. I've shampood the rugs and mats, made sure nothing is under there. But they still creeps up. Sometimes its so bad I have to remove it because it gets caught up in the brake pedal.

any suggestions? I was thinking some double-sided rug tape. I duno.. I need it to stop moving!

Thanks
Dwayne

1990 944 Cab
Old 03-09-2006, 12:24 AM
NewPoco944guy
Intermediate

If you use the Lloyds mats they have a "clip" that attaches to the seat rail. They also have a rubber a backing that won't slip like other mats. I love my Lloyds mats and I wouldn't have anything else.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:37 AM
packrat
Advanced

huh! my old thread I started

Anyways, I did buy LLoyds mats off ebay and couldn't be happier. I went with the red embroidery. White may have been a better choice, since there is nothing else red in the interior, but I figured the white would always look dirty... maybe not?

Quick Reply: floor mat question