Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you be for or against a public smoking ban(details in post)
Support smoking ban
71.93%
Oppose smoking ban
28.07%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

OT- Can you guys/gals please answer my quick survey/public opinion poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

I thought cigarette lighters for charging cell phones?

Bah, I have chronic bronchitis that kicks in every year, because of 2nd hand smoke from my mother & father smoking like chimneys IN the house when I was kid. Plus mom smoked and drank while pregnant with me - thought she'd get the hint when I started to fall out at 5 months!? Almost lost me, and had to fight to keep me. Oh, still drank and smoked. I was born late, partially because of oxygen deprivation (so they say). Whatever, I'm here.

My immune system had a whupping, and I'm still here. I don't smoke or drink, or do much of anything, other than take care of myself and struggle to work! I have to take pills & vitamins each day, just so I stay healthy.

At least I get the last laugh: I look damn good, not overweight. A few of my heavy set friends call me anorexic, but I'm well within the weight guidelines. Leads me to think they've lost perspective on how overweight they are: no one needs to be wearing a 4X T-shirt!

- Julie
Old 11-25-2005, 01:50 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't smoke, and I don't have anything against people who do, I just don't like breathing their smoke.

In Flagstaff we have a ban on smoking in or within 50 ft of any public building, including bars. I support it 100% because breathing other people's smoke makes me cough. Not because I'm trying to make a point, it really makes me cough. So, I don't buy the argument that second-hand smoke is harmless.

I also don't buy the civil liberties argument. I have the right to scream obscenities at the top of my lungs in my house just like a smoker can smoke in his own house, and if someone doesn't like it, they can leave. I've used this technique and it works quite well I really don't think anyone will try to enforce the ban in someone's home office.

If I go out in public, to a bar for instance, and scream at the top of my lungs, I will be arrested for something like public nuisance. Was I physically harming anyone? No. Could they have simply left the bar? Yes. Should they have to leave because I was annoying them so much that they couldn't take it? No. Should I have to leave? Yes.

Although I don't think smoking should be banned in unrestricted outdoor areas, I do think a ban indoors is perfectly reasonable.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:42 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chi k's

Originally Posted by Devia
I thought cigarette lighters for charging cell phones?

Bah, I have chronic bronchitis that kicks in every year, because of 2nd hand smoke from my mother & father smoking like chimneys IN the house when I was kid. Plus mom smoked and drank while pregnant with me - thought she'd get the hint when I started to fall out at 5 months!? Almost lost me, and had to fight to keep me. Oh, still drank and smoked. I was born late, partially because of oxygen deprivation (so they say). Whatever, I'm here.

My immune system had a whupping, and I'm still here. I don't smoke or drink, or do much of anything, other than take care of myself and struggle to work! I have to take pills & vitamins each day, just so I stay healthy.

At least I get the last laugh: I look damn good, not overweight. A few of my heavy set friends call me anorexic, but I'm well within the weight guidelines. Leads me to think they've lost perspective on how overweight they are: no one needs to be wearing a 4X T-shirt!

- Julie
CHICKS

Your such a gurl Diva!

Quick Reply: OT- Can you guys/gals please answer my quick survey/public opinion poll