Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning out the Garage - Free / Low-Price 944 Stuff. . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cleaning out the Garage - Free / Low-Price 944 Stuff. . .

I have too much stuff in the garage and need to clear out for projects I'm actually working on. Let me know by Wednesday if anybody wants any of this stuff or it's going on Craigslist/ebay or in the bin, depending on how I'm feeling that day. . .

Any questions let me know and I'll try to answer 'em for you.

Here's what I have:

944 Coolant Tank

Yeah, yeah, it's kinda' yellow (like every other one out there), but no leaks or anything. For an early car. Might fit a later one too - not sure.
$10 OBO + shipping

951 Coolant Tank

This is the old one out of my car. It works fine but has a blob of some kind of epoxy/sealant on it that was there when I bought the car. I think it was an attempt by the P.O. to repair a leak. Dunno. If it was, it worked - never leaked on me. "Pre-Yellowed" for your enjoyment!
Free + shipping

944 Engine Mounts

These are used, but appear to be in good condition. They came pre-installed on a crossmember I bought to use as a core and I don't need them.
$10 + shipping

Interior Panel for 85.5+ Car

This one goes overhead between the rear of the sunroof and front of the hatch. It's in reasonably good shape except it is cracked and needs to be repaired or braced somehow otherwise there's nothing supporting the vinyl covering. See pics below for what I mean.
Free + shipping

Rear Seat Belts

Very good shape except there is some deformation / cracking of the plastic sleeves. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the inertia reels, belt webbing, latches, etc. Mechanically sound and fine from a safety standpoint.
$10 OBO + shipping.

951 Radiator
I'm pretty certain this has a small leak in it but I've not taken it in to be pressure tested or anything. I had been losing coolant at the rate of about a quart per 150 miles, so I bought a new radiator and installed it - no coolant loss since doing so. Whether it was the radiator itself or the process of replacing it (and several hoses & clamps "while I was in there") I don't know. You could probably take it to a radiator shop and have it fixed for way less than the price of a new one even if there is a leak, I just didn't have time to monkey around with it.
$25 + shipping.

Pair of Coil Springs / Struts
I'm pretty sure these are from an early car. I'm sick of tripping over them, so get 'em out of here.
B.O. + shipping.

Early car Windshield Wiper Motor + Linkage

I removed this assembly from my car because the wiper motor was running/turning but not moving the linkage or wiper arms at all. I think the piece with the nut on it might be rounded out by the splines on the motor, but I picked up the whole assembly and just swapped out the entire assembly rather than troubleshoot it piece-by-piece. It might be fixable or fine if you only need the motor, or feel like disassembling the linkage for other needed parts.
$10 OBO + shipping

85.5+ Instrument Surround

I have two of these. . .
In good condition. No cracks or anything like that.
$10 each + shipping

Lloyd Floor Mats

Black. These should fit either early or late cars and are in excellent condition. I got Techquipment ones and no longer need these. No stains, tears, etc.
$25 OBO + shipping.

951 Cruise Control Servo
Might also fit other 85.5+ models. Pretty sure it works fine.
$10 OBO + shipping

Old 11-14-2005, 09:47 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I may be interested in the "Interior Panel for 85.5+ Car." Mine is water damaged and lost its form. I think as long as the one you have still has its shape I’ll take it from you.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Yours then. PM me your address and I'll figure out what shipping costs are. Hopefully not too much to Canada.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:54 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Will do!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:35 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wonder how the black lloyd mats would look in my linen interior.. they came with some blackish ones with long white fibers, maybe they are stock i dunno. tell me they will look good in my car and i'll buy them zip code would be 48449
Old 11-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll take your early uncracked dash for $10 + shipping...
Old 11-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wizkid918
i wonder how the black lloyd mats would look in my linen interior.. they came with some blackish ones with long white fibers, maybe they are stock i dunno. tell me they will look good in my car and i'll buy them zip code would be 48449
I have black mats in my linen interior. Looks great! (no pics though)
Old 11-14-2005, 01:42 PM
hderr
Rennlist Member

Greetings, I'd like the cruise control servo,
951 Cruise Control Servo
Might also fit other 85.5+ models. Pretty sure it works fine.
$10 OBO + shipping

hderr
Old 11-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Okay cool. The cruise control servo is spoken for (I'll get some shipping $ numbers if I can tomorrow). The mats I thought I posted pics of but for some reason they're not displaying. I imagine they'd look pretty nice in any interior. Yours if you want 'em (I'll try to get that pic up though).

Geoff, Geoff, Geoff. . .

Nice try.

Started installing it this weekend. . . You can have my old one if you want it (cracks included!)
Old 11-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Geoff, Geoff, Geoff. . .

Nice try.

Started installing it this weekend. . . You can have my old one if you want it (cracks included!)
that was smooth...wasn't it... And, just for grins, how much would you want for the cracked one? You can pay me $10.00 plus shipping to take it
Old 11-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Well I might offer it for like $25 plus shipping (when I get it out). If no takers I might use it as a restoration candidate to experiment with various techniques that have been discussed (Bondo/3M vinyl coating, rubberizing, etc.)

Also, I forgot to mention I also have a pair of black vinyl covered manual seats. They're for an early car, but they'll fit a later one AFAIK - they have the 4-hole mounting rails instead of the later 6-hole ones so I guess you can add your own extra pair of holes if you want to use six bolts instead of four. . .

Anyway, a guy off the Pelican board has dibs on 'em but if it doesn't work out or he ends up not taking 'em or I don't hear from him I'll offer them here for anyone interested. Shipping on those might get kinda' pricey though ($100-ish?)

Anyway, here's the link for now:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=249562
Old 11-14-2005, 02:06 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

It should look pretty good. Close to this...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=23

Sorry about the crooked driver's mat...

BB.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:45 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

Like this:

Old 11-14-2005, 04:37 PM
fmalgapo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Any writing on the Lloyd Mats? Do they say 944 in red letters as pictured above or Porsche in red letters?

e-mail me fmalgapo@gmail.com
Old 11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Nope. They're solid black.

Quick Reply: Cleaning out the Garage - Free / Low-Price 944 Stuff. . .