Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, it was a toss up. We were short on funds for the amount that were ordered but if I chipped in just a little bit more (around $50) we got a few extras for the money. So, after they get done if you want to help out grab a few more when they are posted to the store again.
As soon as all of the decals and coins get out to people I have a few more cool "Rennlist" items to put into production for the store. I just want to get all outstanding orders delivered before I start something new. So, if you want to grab some more decals just hang tight a little while and maybe you can grab one of the "new" items as well.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Travis, I am with Aribop, I am happy to pitch in a few bucks, hell, I will cover all of it for you if need be.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:27 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like all is in order.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:47 AM
simmomi
Pro

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
UPDATE on this.

The decals should be finished printing this week. The whole problem was the decals came in under budget so it took quite a bit of digging around by Tony to be able to even get them printed. I kicked in the extra $$ it took to get them printed out of pocket but the upside is we will have extras. Tony has the complete list of decal customers as well as all the coins (still scratching my head on that one but that's what was worked out before I took over).
At any rate, they will be shipped in 10 days TOPS. I will be getting the extras and will put them on the store again when I get them here. Those will be shipping immediately when they get on RennlistStore.com if anyone want some more.

I am sorry about this HUGE delay guys. I wish there was something I could do to hurrying things along but the whole thing is, and has always been, out of my hands.
Travis - I do appreciate you efforts in helping to get this project moving again.

It's been more than 10 days now, and I've yet to see any communication from Tony re: the status of these.

Tony - please give us a status update. I personally am tired of hearing excuses.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

My last communication with Tony was on the 22nd. I was told they were printed with a white background (printers fault) and were being reprinted. 11 days to be reprinted is what I was told. So I figure another 4-5 to get to Tony and then say 7 to get shipped to everyone else. That would put them in everyone's hands on the 16th if everything goes to schedule.
I wish there was something more I could do to get these things going. I know RennlistStore collected the money for them, but my hands are tied on this one. I have all kinds of new stuff lined up for the store but I am not going to move ahead with anything until this whole decal thing is straightened out.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:22 AM
simmomi
Pro

Thank you Travis for stepping up and giving some information. You've always been very dependable.

I'd still like to hear from Tony on this one...
Old 03-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

With any luck he is too busy packing and shipping to be checking rennlist...
Old 03-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Travis- are the Rennlist coins going along w/the stickers- I mean, will they go out at same time or does one not have anything at all to do w/the other? On another note, I got that banjo bolt & crush washer set you sent several days ago- still haven't installed it, but that was FAST service- thanks a lot... I'm hoping that's all that's needed t solve my PS leak....
Old 03-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Tony has all of the coins as well since most orders were for both. That was setup before I took over though. They both will be shipping at the same time as far as I know.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Hey all, Travis knows as much as I do since everything i know I communicate immediately. Matt passed the coins on to me to handle with shipping with the decals. This would save everyone shipping. However, every possible issue that could have delayed the decals did happen.

I was supposed to have received the corrected decals last week from the printer. It was their error and they began new batches immediately. However I did not receive them. I got back in this afternoon and have been trying to call them but their lines are busy. As soon as I hear from them today I will post the exact whereabouts of these decals.

I know people have been waiting a while, and I wish this could have been done faster. I was the one hoping to get these knocked out within 2 weeks of the original event. I was the one that initiated the idea originally as well. I more than anyone would love to get these on my car. Travis, Matt, myself, and anyone else involved in handling these, are not making "excuses." This is a volunteer deal and we all have very busy lives outside Rennlist and do the best we can to ensure all goes well. Unfortuneately, events occured that delayed everything. Having switched decal vendors twice did not help timing originally.

Regardless, every one WILL be getting their decals as soon as we receive the corrected ones. We aren't some punk vendor off ebay or rennlist trying to pray on a charity deal. Again, I wish these could have come out faster.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

UPDATE:

The vendor just returned my call.

Corrected decals w/clear background were shipped on the afternoon of March 3rd. The estimated arrival date is Thursday, March 9th.

If THAT is the case, and I DO receive everything by the 9th of March, I can gaurantee everything will be shipped out by March 18th latest. Most likely sooner, but again I am only one person packing over 200 orders and working 3 different jobs and going to school fulltime. I manage, but my time is limited. I do my best. I feel comfortable in being able to have everything out in advance of the 18th though.
Coins and decals.

So there we go!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The coolest thing is, I paid so long ago, it will be like getting a present to myself!!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:17 PM
simmomi
Pro

Tony - thank you for the update.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Don't worry, these decals came out soooo freakin' awesome. When they first arrived I ran out in the freezing cold in sandals just to slap one on and take a picture for everybody! Vibrant! Really awesome looking! And then I peeled the backing... WHITE!!!!! I thought it was just the card backing showing through. Thank goodness i discovered that though. I would have been pissed mailing them out incorrect.

I can't imagine anyone being dissatisfied.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tony- did you take a picture of the ones w/the white background...? I'd just like to see it, even though it's not what we're getting... if you have it, would you post it?

Also, thanks for the update- I was never worried about this, but I think everyone just puts it out of their heads time & time again. Then, every now & then it comes back to their minds & they think, "hey, whatever happened w/that...?" & then they think of it being something that originated from the memory of a friend here, & then they start to think how long it's been & think it's either time to wrap this up or just forget about it- same w/the coins. It can be irritating, but I know you guys have put tons of time into this & if it works out & things are actually shipped like you've been told, then I think everyone will be satisfied in the end & have no hard feelings- I hope everyone else agrees w/me... Thanks a lot for your help & please post when they actually show up at your place, so we'll at least know you have gotten them- I know I'd feel better knowing you have them than knowing their in the hands of printers I have never met or heard of before- that would be the real progress we're all looking for...

Quick Reply: IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???