Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAMN UPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DAMN UPS!!!

so I'm tracking my tires... leaving from Louisiana... set to arrive tomorrow. One pair of tires has had the departure scan from Salina, Kansas to Commerce City, Colorado... They'll be here tomorrow..

The other pair, has had it's origin scan in Mesquite, Texas...and that's about it....

I swear, if I don't have all 4 by friday morning, I"m gonna firebomb the closest UPS headquarters...
Old 10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use FedEX. Always. I work in a business where I ship many very, very expensive items to mission-critical customers...I never, ever, ever use UPS. I have had too many things disappear or break in shipping for me to trust them.

No affiliation, I just know from my 4+ years in the business that I trust FedEX to handle important, fragile shipments for demanding customers.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

You know what? I’m tired of being funny. For years, all I’ve done is joke around and make people laugh. The result? No one takes me seriously. When I try to make an important point, all I get are smiles. I’m sick of smiles. People look stupid when they smile. I don’t want to see their teeth and gums. I’m not a horse trader. I long for a wrinkled brow or a pursed lip. A frown would be ecstasy. But, no. Ha-ha, they say. Ha-ha-ha. That’s a good one. Oh-ho-ho. Idiots. Dopes. From here on in, no jokes. No wry witticisms. A play on words? Forget it. I’m finished. Let someone else be the clown.

He’s right, you know. You can’t blame the poor guy. All he wants is a little respect. Is that too much to ask? So give him a break. Lay off the laughter. Show him your gloomy side. There’s plenty to be miserable about. Everywhere you turn, things are bad. The world is a sour mess. A rotten lemon. A boil on the universe’s back-side.

No, I disagree. It’s his own fault. He’s the one who’s been funny for years. What are we supposed to do, turn our emotions on and off like a faucet? If he wants to be miserable, fine. But he should do it on his own time.

Excuse me? That’s a rather selfish attitude. Have you considered putting yourself in his shoes? It’s easy for you to sit there, waiting for him to make you laugh. Making people laugh is hard work. If you don’t believe me, try it sometime. One day of it will make an old man out of you. Look at all the dried-up comedians out there. The funnier they are, the more they look like a corpse.

Bah! We’re not talking about a comedian, we’re talking about a guy we know. T isn’t a pro. He doesn’t have to get up in front of an audience knowing he’ll be fired if he bombs.

Jeez, that makes a lot of sense.

What. I suppose you know better?

Damn right, I do. T is under a lot of pressure. If you weren’t so spoiled and selfish, you would realize how unhappy he is. For instance, did you know that his cat is sick? No, of course not. You’ve been too busy laughing at his jokes. Well, for your information, they’re not jokes. They’re a cry for help.

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Are we talking about the same T here? I know T. He doesn’t have a care in the world.

You can believe that if you want. But if you do, it will be at T’s expense. To me, it’s obvious. He’s about to crack. I think he needs professional help.

Professional help? Really? You think it’s that serious?

Yes, for once, I think it is. T is struggling. He has problems. Problems that can’t be solved by telling a joke.

What are we going to do? We can’t force him to go to the doctor.

No, you’re right there.

Wait. Here he comes. T? How’s it going, buddy?

Who the hell are you? And who are the rest of you? What are you doing here in my head? What’s going on, anyway?

Don’t worry, T. We’re here to help.

You’re here to what?

Help. We want to help you, old pal. It’s the least we can do, after all you’ve done for us.

Done for — what the? — I don’t even know you, for crying out loud.

Sure, T. It’s okay. You don’t have to pretend anymore. We understand. We care. Right, boys? Don’t we care about good old T, here?

Hubbub hubbub, rrrrrrr, mumble mumble mumble.

There. See?

Whoa. Freaky. I’m telling you, just when you think you’ve got a handle on things, something weird happens. Okay. All right. Every one of you? Out. I don’t have time for this nonsense. Go have your convention somewhere else.

But, T, we —

Out!

And that’s it, doctor. That’s all I can tell you. They come and go. If it lasts much longer, I think I’ll go bats.

I’ve got news for you, T. You’ve already made the trip.

I have? Tell me, doc. How was it? Did I have any fun?

Yes and no, my friend. Yes and no.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get it. I have NEVER had a problem with UPS and we used to ship and receive 10s of 1000s of dollars worth of bicycles and parts per week when I ran a shop in Atlanta. The only issue I have with them at all is that it seems when they show something is scheduled to be delivered on a particular day, it can sit in the nearest UPS facility for a couple days instead of them actually delivering it ahead of the scheuled delivery date. Also, Paragon must be located in some backwater in TX since it seems to take an inordinate amount of time and stops for parts to get from there to Akron.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Robert D
Three Wheelin'

Old 10-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Robert D
Three Wheelin'

Ha ha ha
Old 10-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Dude, invariably one of the tires will show up the day after. Did you get them from tire rack?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert D
Someone got really bored I see on here
Old 10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Robert D
Three Wheelin'

That is weird, Paragon used to get parts to me very quick when I was in SA and owned a p-car. As for UPS, I met a guy who worked nights at a sorting center. He said it was busy and they dropped a lot of stuff or didn't care and tossed it around...dunno if that was the truth or if the guy was BS'ing...but I'm gullible so I'll believe him and only use FedEX!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Knowing UPS Geoff, they may have already put a nail in your tire before you can even mount it and balance it.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

IIRC packages shipped for Paragon make like 3 stops in TX before they actually finally leave that state if they go regular ground. Then they don't make another stop until someplace like Kentucky or Maumee Ohio.

I think the guy was BSing. UPS actually is pretty strict about their staff abusing packages. I have no relationship with UPS other than the fact that I work in the distribution and supply chain logistic industry.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:01 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They must be smoking some pretty good s**t down there. I guess you didn't read my last rant. Mesquite lost a an EXPRESS box with my silicone MAF couplers which ment the car sat in the drive with 99% MAF install. Missed PCA tarmack parking at the Coronado Speed Fest over that one...... I took it out on the operators the rest of Friday afternoon untiol the switchboards closed at 9:30.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah.. I've never had a problem with Tire rack...I usually get all 4 tires on the same day...

And tifo... I don't see how this deserved one of your OT stories...I mean, afterall, it is 944 related... shipping tires to go on my 924S...

So... we'll see... I may have to call em and rip em a new one...
Old 10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

I was big on fed ex until one of their psycho delivery turds tried to tear open my fence(destroyed hinge and lock) and then when that did not work, they threw my 993 targa speedlines over the fence in boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily they had rubber on them, but I still kicked some **** at the depot. But service is good except for that bit of insanity! DHL has been good, and slowly but surely I have lost faith in the UPS.

Paragon is not located in the backwaters of TX you have to go further south for that

Quick Reply: DAMN UPS!!!