Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anything going on in metro NYC/CT/NJ area tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 10:50 AM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anything going on in metro NYC/CT/NJ area tomorrow?

I'm looking to take the car out for a ride tomorrow after 8 days of frustrating, p!ssing rain. Anyone know of anything going on tomorrow in the area? Meets, shows, etc.?
Old 10-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Next week is the PCA Zone 1 at Tobay Beach, two days of tire destroying autocross fun.

Did you ever get my email about the wheels? I apologize again.

And yea, talk abot a relief, a week of heavy rain. In fact im going for a little joy ride right now..nice and cool out.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:11 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Next week is the PCA Zone 1 at Tobay Beach, two days of tire destroying autocross fun.

And yea, talk abot a relief, a week of heavy rain. In fact im going for a little joy ride right now..nice and cool out.
Jon,

Are you going to the Zones? Barbecue? I should be at everything.

I am having wheel problems too. Won set of PD's on e-bay. Guy said he had trouble sending them out. Said he had to repack them 4 times and tried to mail them 4 times. On OCT 4th he said he sent them. I asked him for tracking number. He sent back a few days later that he was out of town but he forgot to get the tracking number. ALso told me that he insured each wheel for the price I paid so if anything happened to ANY wheel I would get my money back. Sounds fishy to me. If you insured the wheels then there should be tracking number right? E-mailed him again and haven't heard anything back. Still waiting.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Dan, as far as i know this week i should be available to make both days. Makes me wish i pre-registeres so i could save the $20 on entry fee's.

Which carrier did the fellow use? If its UPS, the receipt he was given should have a reference number on it. The fellow i bought my wheels from wasnt giving a tracking either through UPS. The reference # can be used to track the package however.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:00 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Jon -- I did indeed get your e-mail and thanks for the response. It's been crazy for me at work for the last few days. No worries on the wheels not being available -- I'm going to drop the car back with my wrench on Tuesday and let him deal with it. Easier all around, particularly because I now need a tech inspection for a DE at Shenandoah with NNJR at the end of the month.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:07 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Dan, as far as i know this week i should be available to make both days. Makes me wish i pre-registeres so i could save the $20 on entry fee's.

Which carrier did the fellow use? If its UPS, the receipt he was given should have a reference number on it. The fellow i bought my wheels from wasnt giving a tracking either through UPS. The reference # can be used to track the package however.
Doesn't matter. They came today. Whew!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

it should be fun if the weather holds up. i guess the lot got a good washing this week. either that or if the pitch was off a little it is loaded, and i mean loaded with sand.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:19 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tom R.
it should be fun if the weather holds up. i guess the lot got a good washing this week. either that or if the pitch was off a little it is loaded, and i mean loaded with sand.
we should go practice today. I can bring one cone.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Tom, how many people usually show up for this type of event? Are we going to be standing out on cone duty for hours on end?

Dan, just bring that orange shirt of yours. We can switch off running around. It will be a constantly 'morphing' course. It should do well to teach us how to adapt to a ever changing enviroment.

So we should be seeing you running the slicks? Looks like i dont have a chance in hell at catching up to you or Mingst now. Ill be running my new phones with high peformance dry rotted H-rated Michellin all-seasons. You will be seeing me spinning out alot i bet. I need to get the broken valve stems fixed first, freaken UPS!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:34 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Yep. going in a few to get them mounted. trying to figure best place to go. might just go to pep boys. they want 20 a tire. goodyear wants 25.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

SM Motorsports in New Hyde Park only charges $18/tire. Sonny (the proprieter) is extraordinarily reasonable for all kinds of work and extremely diligent. I highly recommend him.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:27 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by KLR
SM Motorsports in New Hyde Park only charges $18/tire. Sonny (the proprieter) is extraordinarily reasonable for all kinds of work and extremely diligent. I highly recommend him.
sounds good but i am all the way out in holbrook so might be a bit far.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Flood
Advanced

Any more info about this? I am relativly new to the area, but would like to go and watch
Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Flood, its a two day event at Tobay Beach which is on the south shore of Long Island. People start gathering around 7am-7:30am. Usully they run to about 3pm. This is going to probably be a huge turnout for this event so the time scheudals may vary considering alot of out of state people will be attending this one.

http://www.metronypca.org/ZOne1_Othe...zone1_2005.htm

Look out for me, my car will look exactly the same way it does in my avatar, just with white PD's this time around (hopefully).
Old 10-16-2005, 11:18 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

I'm ready to go. Tires mounted and balanced. Yipee!!!!!

Quick Reply: Anything going on in metro NYC/CT/NJ area tomorrow?