Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guess i put something together wrong.. (light promblem)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005 | 01:59 AM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

Default guess i put something together wrong.. (light promblem)

and i dont know what it would be, so maybe someone has run into the same thing.

my drivers side blinker, both in the bumper and on the valence, the amber ones, are always on when i turn on my lights. when i use my blinker, they blink like they are supposed to, they are just always on. passenger side is fine

could i have something backwards? its only 2 wires in the side light, and a plug that can only go in one way on the blinker in the bumper.

this is just one of the little problems, when i was under seeing if the plug was just 1 plug like i thought, i noticed some coolant coming out of the overflow tank... dont know why, only drove it maybe 15 miles. 7 1/2 each way, and several hours in between, and it never over heated. pulled plugs, all looked fine. will do compression check to furthe find out whats up but im just confused
Old 09-19-2005 | 04:45 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Have you changed a bulb recently? If a bulb goes in reversed the wrong filaments will light up. Also, maybe the coolant has shorted something out or corroded something? HTH.

Arash
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:24 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

i think mine was doing that IIRC, check the taillights etc-did you have those out?- and see if you pinched any wires between the body and the light, causing a ground out problem.
Old 09-19-2005 | 09:39 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

have you topped up or changed coolant lately? If so, it may be normal to get some dripping out of the overflow shortly after.
Old 09-19-2005 | 11:32 AM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

havent added any coolant. only thing i did that i "may" have caused it was when i was cleaning up some wetsanding water out of the engine bay, the radiator hose on the top was squeezed a few times, and i heard the coolant slosh back into the tank. whether or not that had anything to do with it, i dont know.

havent changed any bulbs either.

i may have to take the bumper off completely. i cant reach anything when its all back together
Old 09-19-2005 | 01:26 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

went and played with it some more... still lost

current status -
drivers side front - amber side marker, and amber bumper light always on. when blinker is engaged, they work like they should

passenger side front - all normal

drivers side rear - all normal

passenger side rear- tail-light gone, red sidemarker gone, blinker works, and brake light works.

i checked for pinched wires, and they are all routed through the available openings

maybe i can only drive the car during the day now

Quick Reply: guess i put something together wrong.. (light promblem)