Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some parts places...(rant) now with more BS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default some parts places...(rant) now with more BS!!!

I've never had a problem with this place before, and I'm still going to shop at them, because they were nice...after some coaxing...

Problem:
I ordered Mintex C-tech competition brake pads... I recieved Mintex street compound, as identified by this parts place's parts guy, by the red box they came in, and the compound number printed on the back of the pad itself.

so.. I call them up, they're like "Yeah, we'll happily fix the problem" "Ok." "but first we need to patch you through to a parts guy to confirm that you have the wrong ones... hold please..." "Um.. Miss? before you patch me through..." "yes?" "I've already confirmed yesterday that these are the incorrect pads. I should have recieved part # ..........." "Ok. what does yours say on the box?" "well, your sticker says it's correct, but everything else says otherwise, including your parts guy." "Ok. Now, I'm going to create a new invoice with these charged to the card." "um... ok... how much is that?" "$136.00" "again?" "Yes." "Now, when I return the other ones, which are $100.00 cheaper, I will be garunteed the ENTIRE $136.00 back, correct?" "Yes." "even though they are the street compound..." "yes. I will refund the price back to your card." "Ok. I just want to be entirely sure." so. she goes ahead and charges it, and gets them ready for shipping "We're not chargin you shipping, but we're sending it ground..." "I appreciate that, but the car is my ONLY car and it's currently taken apart and undriveable at this time (a white lie)... Is there a way I can get a priority shipping on that?" "I can bump it down to a 2 day shipping." "Ok..so I can expect them on Monday?" "Today is thursday, It'll ship out tomorrow, should arrive by tuesday." "*sigh* Ok."

Granted, the lady on the phone was nice, and IMHO did everything she should have, it's just a pain in the **** ya know?

Last edited by Mighty Shilling; 09-22-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:55 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, i've been through that before...hated it...
Old 09-15-2005, 02:07 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

We've had worse than that happen here my friend! At least you can get the pads by Tuesday!
Old 09-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Oh yeah, I've had worse experiences as well, but felt like ranting today...

2 words:
Huntley Racing
Old 09-15-2005, 04:17 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I had a real parts pain a few years ago. It happend to be with one of rennlist favorites.

Paragon Products.

The problem was hardly their fault and they did their best to correct it, but it was pain anyway.

What happend is ordered control arm bushings. The red welts for my steel arm 944 race car. I got them in the on time as always. Then I sent 4 hrs trying to get them installed. They did not fit.

Well I checked all the part numbers and they were right. Turns out after emailing photos back to paragon I had been sent the aluminium arm bushing instead of the steels. Sadly the parts were packed in with the wrong label from WELTMEISTER. So Paragon was not at fault. They did handle it very well once they figured it out. They were going to send another set, but checked their inventory and found these were labled wrong too. They in fact did not have any bushings for the early steel arms. So they had one set shipped direct from Weltmeister. Unfortuanlty it took weltmeister a long time to send them out.

The entire experience was a paint, but Paragon did their best in a tough situation. That is infact one reason I have them as my preferred on line parts house. When things go smoothly it one thing, but how a business responds to tough situations is real measure of how good they are.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:33 PM
MoeJoe
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Geoff, if all you need is pads I could bring some to work tomorrow. They are used with a lot of material left. Get you rolling until you get the new ones.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Moe, thanks, but I'm putting on some competition pads... the ones I have will last another month or so... but I just wanted to get them here ASAP, and to make sure that things are right.

but yeah, like I said, the vendor did everything right... the whole situation is a pain... and I still like them, and I'll stick with them. the vendor is Pelican Parts.

And it's not hard to see why it happened... with over 25,000 parts in the warehouse, mixups happen. I worked in a Porsche parts department, and it was a pain in the ***!

but Kudos to Pelican's customer service for getting everything in line again!
Old 09-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

ok. I retract some of my above statements.

I checked the online tracking, as I SHOULD have recieved the brakes on Monday... still nothing... there is no tracking number, and all it has for order progress is "Invoice created" on 9/15/2005...

I called them up and talked to the same lady that I talked to on the 15th, and I ask what's going on with it... she's like "it shows here that the order is being processed..." I'm like, "that's odd, I should have recieved them MONDAY...." she says, "Well, I'll see if I can get those brake pads on a priority shipping, see if we can get them here by Monday..."

here I am, getting VERY pissed off, but keeping my cool... keep in mind, we've spent $250.00 on just competition pads alone... the first set was incorrect... so they charged us for the second set, and will refund the cash upon reciept of the incorrect pads. I say, "No. Miss, you told me that they would be here by Monday. I want them overnighted. no priority. OVERNIGHT."

"Well, I don't know if I can do that..."
"Miss, I've been waiting for the correct brake parts for 2 weeks. you're telling me that it should be put off again, no chance to get it done this weekend? this is my ONLY form of transportation. it's apart in the garage right now. I want them overnighted."
"Ok. I'll mark it for overnight shipping... I'll call up our supplier and see if I can get them to ship em out today..."

I'm fuming pissed. if I don't see progress soon, I'm cancelling the order, and telling pelican to f*ck off, and NEVER shopping there again... (not saying you guys shouldn't...they've been good to us in the past....but I'm so frustrated, I'm about to terminate my relationship with them)
Old 09-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pelican has always been fine for me, although I prefer paragon. They once sent me head studs instead of exhaust studs... did teh same thing of charging me for the head studs until i sent them back, long turn around, etc.

Now that i realize how much head studs are, I shouldn't have said anything!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad customer service happens with the best of them. Sad but True
I have never ordered anything from Pelican, but I like the info on their website.....

Sounds like they need to throw in a gift certificate for all the hassle, and misinformation.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Yeah. Generally they've been great to us, so this is honestly surprising to me... but yeah... I would keep shopping there for a gc...
Old 09-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Today I woke up really drowsy because I stayed up late watching "As Good as it Gets." I thought the movie started at 9pm, but it was actually 10pm. So the 2 hr movie is almost over and I'm thinking that I'll have time to shower before watching Futurama at 11:30. To my dismay, I look up at the clock and see 12 am. Not only did I miss Futurama, but I would have to go to bed later than anticipated, greatly increasing the chances of waking up to late to the job I rarely show up on time to as it is. I almost fell asleep in the shower (which could have resulted in a painful fall or even death). Just as expected - I'm late. My alarm clock is showing 8:07 and I have to be at work by 9. (Bear in mind there is a 45-minute commute. It wouldn’t be so long if I didn’t have to take the light rail, but it alleviates the parking issues. Geez, 25 cents for 30 minutes at the meter? That is – if you get one that’ll last you the whole day. Who likes to walk back and forth on your breaks to fill up the 2 hr meters – and God forbid you’re 5 minutes late - greeted by a 35 dollar parking ticket.) On the light rail, there was this really cute Latin girl (a bit on the heavy side, but whatever), and we start talking. Jack Nicholson had greater luck with “You make me want to be a better man,” because this Latin girl (who’s name I can’t remember) misunderstood me (she obviously didn’t speak very good English). What she thought I said is beyond me, but it didn’t get me her number, which made the whole situation worthless (although giving me something to rant about). Regardless, I get to work and 30 seconds don’t pass until I’m already assigned another tedious mind-numbing task. God bless Rennlist.

Some parking places, eh...
Old 09-22-2005, 05:10 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
Today I woke up really drowsy because I stayed up late watching "As Good as it Gets." I thought the movie started at 9pm, but it was actually 10pm. So the 2 hr movie is almost over and I'm thinking that I'll have time to shower before watching Futurama at 11:30. To my dismay, I look up at the clock and see 12 am. Not only did I miss Futurama, but I would have to go to bed later than anticipated, greatly increasing the chances of waking up to late to the job I rarely show up on time to as it is. I almost fell asleep in the shower (which could have resulted in a painful fall or even death). Just as expected - I'm late. My alarm clock is showing 8:07 and I have to be at work by 9. (Bear in mind there is a 45-minute commute. It wouldn’t be so long if I didn’t have to take the light rail, but it alleviates the parking issues. Geez, 25 cents for 30 minutes at the meter? That is – if you get one that’ll last you the whole day. Who likes to walk back and forth on your breaks to fill up the 2 hr meters – and God forbid you’re 5 minutes late - greeted by a 35 dollar parking ticket.) On the light rail, there was this really cute Latin girl (a bit on the heavy side, but whatever), and we start talking. Jack Nicholson had greater luck with “You make me want to be a better man,” because this Latin girl (who’s name I can’t remember) misunderstood me (she obviously didn’t speak very good English). What she thought I said is beyond me, but it didn’t get me her number, which made the whole situation worthless (although giving me something to rant about). Regardless, I get to work and 30 seconds don’t pass until I’m already assigned another tedious mind-numbing task. God bless Rennlist.

Some parking places, eh...
wtf?................................
Old 09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

My wife surprised me and bought a bra for my 87 944 from pelican. We got it 2 days ago and yesterday I went to put it on and noticed that it had a 951 part #. You guessed it, it was for a 951 or an S2.

She contacted them yesterday and today recieved an email stating,

"Hello There,

Thank You for taking the time to contact us. This cover is a special
order part so it is not returnable. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Have a great day,"

Have a great day? My wife asked them for a bra for an 87 944, not a 951 and she trusted that they knew what they were shipping. Now we are out the $ due to an error on their part and "Have a great day"?

Will update when I hear more.

Michael
Old 09-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951Obsession
wtf?................................
Don't worry about it... Serge has a grudge against me beginning when I was
Originally Posted by serge
being a girl
about having some lady back into my car... and filing a hit and run on her... over the $1,000.00 of damage she caused... ever since then, it has seemed like he's been on a mission to **** me off in all my threads about whenever I feel I've been screwed...and choose to share it...

Anyway, I checked, and it says they've been shipped, but no tracking number. we'll see...

Quick Reply: some parts places...(rant) now with more BS!!!