Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of pictures...tell my wife I'm not obsessed

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005 | 01:03 AM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Default A couple of pictures...tell my wife I'm not obsessed

Wow, thanks for all the input and welcomes. I can see that I’m in good company.
-Neuseeland Kartoffelpressen- I can’t believe I didn’t see that, pictures should be attached.
-Bonestock951S-This one has a white/black interior. Stock wheels but so far I’m leaning toward Turbo Twists…
-tifosoman- It was in Dover. No time for a PPI because it was on Ebay and I made him an offer to end it early before the reserve was met. He said a local guy drove it, was that you?
-z3bra-You’re right I didn’t buy it for an investment, I love everything about these cars, I was hoping someone would make me feel good by telling me that it was worth more than I paid. I was planning on getting an inspection as soon as I get it-thanks for the leads. I work in Phoenix most of the time and spend my weekends and time-off in Flagstaff. My Flag house is at the base of the Peaks, I can’t wait to drive it up. I work in Tempe, maybe we can get together and you could do a quick once-over.
-testarossa_td- I’ve thought about the insurance problem, even without a salvage title the “official” value is ridiculously low. Hopefully won’t have to deal with it. I don’t really expect insurance to cover more than liability.
-silverbullet- I’m expecting to have to replace any rubber parts I can get to. Supposedly there are no leaks right now. Hopefully won’t have to replace seals any time soon but if so, I’ll have fun doing it. I spent my high-school & college years working on my cars to keep them running. After I was making enough money to pay other people to do it I thought I’d never want to work on cars again- now I’m looking forward to it. I figured if I start with one that everything works on, I can keep up with it and make it faster as I get bored with the performance. It’s all stock except for Authority chips.
-Jeremy- sounds like we need to party. My wife might buy the acupuncture thing…thanks for the invite.

Okay, since nobody will give me a price, I paid $12,000. Good deal I hope? Pictures are attaced.
Attached Images    
Old 09-09-2005 | 01:08 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Looks nice!
Old 09-09-2005 | 01:11 AM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

That is the most lucious and beautiful 944 interior I have ever seen. I need to sit down.
Old 09-09-2005 | 01:13 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

12k for a turbo S how many miles and the conditon of the well help alot too if its in exellant shape and low miles then I think that is an okay price.

Car looks great

Brandon
Old 09-09-2005 | 01:26 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It looks clean!!

Welcome to Rennlist!

Old 09-09-2005 | 01:32 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, very nice.

Now go fix your gutters so you don't wind up with the clapboards next to your garage door getting any more water damage than they look like they have in that picture
Old 09-09-2005 | 08:02 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Wow! Very nice ride.

Welcome to Rennlist!
Old 09-09-2005 | 09:20 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

where are you in ohio?
Old 09-09-2005 | 10:16 AM
Jason-85944
Pro

Manning...not sure, but looks like some sort of rock base before siding starts.

Also, very nice car! Depending on miles 12k seems like a deal for a Turbo S.

Welcome to the list,

Jason
Old 09-09-2005 | 10:38 AM
unreal_news
Racer

Hell man, I paid 16K for my 86 turbo, and you got upgrades. My next car with probably be an 'S'. So in my book 12K is a steal. Congradulations
Old 09-09-2005 | 11:50 AM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Thanks a lot guys. The pictures were actually taken by the guy I bought it from in Ohio, I live in Arizona. I acyually meant to continue my first thread and accidentally started this new one so I'll repeat my first one to answer the questions:

"Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have really enjoyed seeing and reading about everyone’s 944’s here, and I finally got mine! After about a year of searching, I found (and bought) my ’89 turbo in apparently excellent condition. I say “apparently” because I’m waiting for it to be shipped from Ohio to me in Arizona, but the many pictures I have make it look perfect in every way. It has less than 24,000 original miles.

Here is the story. The previous owner has a bodyshop, and bought it 9 years ago from his buddy who smashed the front end. A VIN check confirms that it was just body damage and I am told that the damaged fender, bumper and airbags were replaced with original parts, along with the windshield. It was re-painted at that time with Glasurit paint. He kept it garaged and put less than 6000 miles on it since then.

The catch is, it has a salvage title from that accident. Assuming this is all true….maybe you guys can give me some input (and possibly predictions?) as to what it’s worth.

I know that if it had never been in an accident, it would be worth more to the collectors. It won't matter to me, assuming I can't tell it was wrecked with a close inspection. I was looking for one with more miles that had been rebuilt and restored. Hopefully this one will go for a while without any major repairs.

How do I post pictures in a thread? I'll post some when I get it- gray exterior, cream interior, exactly what I wanted. 24,000 miles. I can't believe it. It'll be a long few weeks waiting for it to arrive..."

Still a deal?

Thanks for the input guys-

Kevin
Old 09-09-2005 | 11:54 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

You’re right I didn’t buy it for an investment, I love everything about these cars, I was hoping someone would make me feel good by telling me that it was worth more than I paid.

Accelerating out of a twisty in one of these babies - priceless!

Beautiful car, thanks for the pix!
Old 09-09-2005 | 11:57 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Smooth ride.

Old 09-09-2005 | 12:08 PM
M758
Race Director

Nice car.
Personaly partial to the stock Club Sport wheels on these cars. I think they look just perfect on these cars.
Old 09-09-2005 | 12:08 PM
michaelathome
Race Car

"I spent my high-school & college years working on my cars to keep them running. After I was making enough money to pay other people to do it I thought I’d never want to work on cars again- now I’m looking forward to it."

I'm with you 100% I did the same thing. I had a bit more time on my hands them, but not ready to spend 12K as a starter now. Working my way up in the world I guess. At least we both have Porsches with the engines in the right place!

Beautiful find Kevin!

Michael

Quick Reply: A couple of pictures...tell my wife I'm not obsessed